1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sherwood to go/Sherwood Sacked

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by RRich, Apr 7, 2014.

1. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

what tipped you off?

2. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Tony Pulis is just a phone call away.

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

4. Wow! That's like playing Trumps, PNP.

5. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

None of them finished in the top 4 in their first season so the **** Levy would have sacked them all.

6. Han Shot First

Han Shot First New Member

I'd wager he's already lining De Boer up ready for when he sacks Pinocchio in December <ok>

7. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Tony Pulis has a win percentage (at crystal palace) of 42.86 (granted over 28 games)

8. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

So as predicted by myself and many others, Levy is going to go for the cheapest option. Are we at all surprised?

Well, when all is said and done, I sincerely hope this one works out, I really do. What I have seen of Poch, I like him as a bloke. Seems to be honest and hard working. I personally feel this job has come 2-3 years too early as we haven't really seen him tested when he has a squad that is injury ravaged or gone through a real slump. Those are the times that really test a manager's abilities to the max.

He certainly has his work cut out at Spurs. A squad full of misfits and talent that seems to be locked up in a shell. Let's hope he can unlock it and develop our youth too.

He was my second choice in all honesty. Would have preferred Rafa Benitez as another realistic option but glad we turned down Mancini as I feel he would just want to spend big to build the team. But if Poch is our man as reports suggest, he gets my full backing and I wish him all the success with us next season and beyond. Let's hope he hits the ground running and Levy finally makes a good managerial appointment.

At least Levy got his business done early this time. Oh and if Poch can bring Adam Lallana with him (and a few other Saints talents as they've been pretty good for us in the past) as well, that would be great! <ok>

9. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

He's not going for the cheapest option at all. The cheapest option would be someone currently unemployed.

10. Spudulike

Spudulike Well-Known Member

Spurs have stated they are not talking to any managers out of work so that point is mute. Poch's contract at Saints will be massively cheaper than Rafa's at Napoli, Mancini's at Galatasaray or De Boer's at Ajax. The only cheaper option is likely to be Boss's fave Tony Pulis but even he might be on a higher wage than Poch considering he was fired by Espanyol so couldn't demand a high wage when signing with Saints.

11. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

Its not moot or mute. He's not the cheapest option, end of.
    I'm not a Levy fan but to spin it any other way is just ridiculous

12. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Apart from Valencia(probably) hasn't Benitez always either inherited an expensive squad or spent lots?

13. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Seems you're not too pleased with your chairman's recent bit of business then lads. So not only have Saints lost a very talented manager, it appears we have lost him to a bunch of ingrates. As I recall, the last time you poached a manager from us, you were fairly ****ing ecstatic.

You'll forgive me if I hope this latest appointment is as successful as that one was. The sight of Glenda standing on the touchline in despair and confusion as Wee Gordan Strachan's side administered one of a series of drubbings on a fairly woeful Spurs side is one of my abiding memories of football in the 21st century.

Only joking chaps, I'm not bitter. Though if Argentina were tempted to invade the Falklands again this summer, while we're all distracted by the World Cup, I'd probably enjoy the show.

14. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

"Seems you're not too pleased with your chairman's recent bit of business then lads.
    So not only have Saints lost a very talented manager, it appears we have lost him to a bunch of ingrates.
    As I recall, the last time you poached a manager from us, you were fairly f**king ecstatic."

Bringing Hoddle home to a mediocre Spurs is quite different from bringing a
    manager into a club that has been camping outside the CL slots for nigh on a decade.

Apart from the relative costs <Levy> , we can only assume that Levy thinks Pochettino may
    be the new Brenton Rogers. Time will soon tell on that one (AVB etc) .

My sympathies if the Saints are also asset-stripped of key players as well this summer.

15. Levy does realise that Poch stands absolutely no chance of bringing any of Saints' talented squad with him, does he? If not, someone please inform him, before he makes yet another ass of himself.

16. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Remember saints getting arrogant when they apparently beat us to Ramirez, due to them being loaded and on the rise. Don't feel too sorry for little Southampton as they have been getting above their status recently and need to remember they are still a small club compared to us.

17. The RDBD

Not nice regardless, to see a club asset-stripped when they get some consistency in their league placings.

18. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

It's just the way of things. Real poach our players, we poach from clubs like Southampton. Pochettino is reportedly very popular with the Saints players. Whether that will carry any weight when it comes to persuading them to join him, we will see.

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Allow me to educate in pictures :

We are Secondary consumers FC...Southampton are Primary consumers FC....and in the rare occasion they, Southampton, are producers...they revert to becoming Primary consumers due to the funds they have.

please log in to view this image

20. The RDBD

Still not nice, whatever piccies you put up. :)
    Credit though to the Levy tax for turning Spurs into a "puffer fish" as far as PL
    predators go nowadays.