1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland 16th August - KO 19:45

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Aug 15, 2017.

?

Your Prediction

Poll closed Aug 17, 2017.
  1. Home win

11.8%
  2. Away win

41.2%
  3. Draw

47.1%
  1. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

Aye, Smug . . . . I live fecking miles away, but I'll be there on sarrada with three others 'in tow'

. . . . and that'll be after I've been to see 'Sheels play Bridlington in the F.A Cup :emoticon-0105-wink:

Smug in Boots likes this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

You might not know if you're going but is that game televised? I think I remember seeing a Shields game on the TV guide when I was browsing.

3. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

The Beeb are 'covering it' but it won't be 'live' . . . . it'll be on M.o.D. :emoticon-0105-wink:

Nacho likes this.
  4. The Little General

The Little General Well-Known Member

Aiden McGeady
    Runs down the wing for me !
    10 minute chant down there last night,
    Cult hero already :emoticon-0170-ninja

Smug in Boots likes this.
  5. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

Dear me, I thought the Mags were deluded <doh>

There must be some kind of probem with translation, this clown is claiming they were the better side all but for 20 minutes!

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2017/august/we-dominated/

Wednesday defender Daniel Pudil said the Owls were dominant as they drew 1-1 with Sunderland midweek at Hillsborough.

David Jones’ stunning 30-yard strike brought the Owls level in the second half after George Honeyman put the Black Cats in front early on.

The Czech international said: “I think we were the better team for 70 minutes.

“We dominated for most of the game but unfortunately we conceded a sloppy goal.

“We were one down at half time, but I think we did well second half again, we kept the ball well but just couldn’t score the second one.

“We are disappointed not to get all three points but we know we played well and we can move on and just be focused on the game against Fulham.

6. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Christ. I heard the match and it could easily have been 3-0 to us by half time. And their only way of beating our defence was with a 30 yard screamer!! But otherwise they pounded us for 70 minutes!!!!

7. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Another thing is away tickets can be tough for them with the point system that favours the people who can get to every home game. I think the club should allow point accumulation for non season ticket holders, so the expats can build points and strengthen their chances of getting tickets to the bigger games.

cumbrianmackem and Smug in Boots like this.
  8. FTM Dave

FTM Dave Well-Known Member

Agree - and they made it worse last season.

Until last season there was a period of sale for season card holders (fair enough), and then the tickets went on general sale. I never missed an away game I wanted to go for.

Last season season card holders were divided into various groups with different points with one period for one group, one for another, zzzz, and this made the general sale laughable at the last minute if it existed. In fact I booked flights to come back with bairn for the West Ham away game (thinking, huge stadium, bound to get a ticket) and found there were no tickets on general sale.

RAW made a valiant effort in person at the ticket office for us but got nowhere. In desperation (I'm a "nothing ventured" man ...) I left our details with the ticket office in case there were returns ... which they were!

Still owe RAW a pint or ten for his efforts.

But I've learnt to only come back for home games (tickets bought yesterday for Sheff United & Notts Forest).

Home_and_Away, LAMackem, Nads and 2 others like this.
  9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

There really should a scheme to reward expats.

10. Home_and_Away

Home_and_Away Well-Known Member

Common Sense, Loyalty & Generosity in football ????

It'll N E V E R happen unfortunately <steam>

Brian Storm likes this.