1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sheffield Wednesday v Norwich City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Mar 4, 2017.

?

Predict The Result

1. Owls Win

61.5%
  2. Canaries Win

23.1%
  3. Stalemate

15.4%
  1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gary Gowers sad yet very familiar take on events at Hillsborough yesterday.
    Poor guy must suffer from terrible déja-vu, watching one shambolic, half-hearted display after another.
    This, for me is extremely poignant:-

"Within the current group the number who have come here and actually progressed can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Whether that’s an indictment on the coaching, the managing or the embedded culture I have idea but where once we were a fertile breeding ground for those making their way up the professional ladder, Norwich is now a place where players either stagnate or decline.

The powers that be are unlikely to accept this of course and will likely trot out the ‘we have complete faith in Alex Neil’ line but this club needs an overhaul both on the pitch, at Colney and in the boardroom."
    <applause>

Anyone who can't see or refuses to accept this fact is either blind or damned stupid <ok>
    http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...her-meek-surrender-for-neils-under-achievers/

DHCanary, carrowcanario and KIO like this.
  2. Home on the range canary

Home on the range canary Well-Known Member

Yep, the above sums up the display yesterday. The level of despair was highly evident among the fans- Weds were not very good, we were just dreadful- completely disjointed in all aspects- no movement, no shape etc. There is no point in repeating criticisms of the team and management over and over again, but my biggest concern was that there has been no development in the players from the very early session promise. People have been critical of numerous players (some I agree with) but without a clear system/approach how are they meant to be greater than the sum of their parts. it must be dispiriting and undermining knowing that it is highly unlikely that the team will perform because they are not playing to a formation/approach that has been set up appropriately.

carrowcanario likes this.
  3. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

WOW canario - some excellent points in your post. :emoticon-0137-clapp
    I'm sure we'd ALL love to see a team selected that can COMPETE with any of the teams in the Championship, but as long as AN is manager and chooses to select his 'favourites' such as Martin and Naismith, we're always going to be a shambles.
    Several posters are now saying of the need to rid ourselves of the 'deadwood' (or should that be the 'walking dead??') and there are certainly quite a few contenders amongst yesterday's starting 11.
    I'd LOVE to see at least 5 or 6 changes to our starting 11 for Tuesday's game V Bristol, but it's more likely that the same players will start and be given a chance to 'redeem themselves' - though I seem to remember that AN did that once before and they were almost as bad in the next game.
    We ALL know that AN is INCAPABLE of learning from his mistakes!!!!! <doh>
    Excellent article from Gary as usual Cromer and the only players who appear to be progressing are those playing for the under 21s/23s and so reinforces Gary's staement -
    "Within the current group the number who have come here and actually progressed can be counted on the fingers of one hand."
    Yes, the time really has come I feel (passed even!!!) for a complete clear out of the board and the first team manager and coaching staff and I just wonder how much longer it will be before Delia and co realise that the time has come to sell up and do something else on Saturday afternoons!!!!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If anyone, even the clappy-happers, can find a way of trying to justify this inactivity and dumb-assed negligence to do the decent thing, then I'd be interested to hear the (flimsy) case for the defence? :emoticon-0112-wonde

JM Fan likes this.
  5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

6. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That's BRILLIANT!!!!

8. Forgot_My_Lines

Cameron Jerome and team "continuing to work hard to put things right" On the training pitch:

please log in to view this image

9. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Maybe that's the problem, maybe AN should be ensuring the players are working hard to put things right on match day not the training pitch.

10. Forgot_My_Lines

That gif could also be Ruddy/McGovern on match day.

JM Fan likes this.

11. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Like I said earlier, get Lewis from Aberdeen!!! <laugh>

12. Forgot_My_Lines

I use to like him. Was gutted when he was another youth prospect we just threw away.

JM Fan and KIO like this.
  13. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

: canarycall