1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shakey & Powell

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Champions of England, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Are expected to be announced as our new manager and assistant manager next week when they return from holiday.

This is only rumour and I don't claim this to be inside info, my knowledge in that respect us limited to the stadium but I do have a feeling this will be true and I'd be well happy with Shakey and Powell.

I personally don't want a big name because I don't think they've altogether been that impressive for us. Sousa was a joke, Eriksen was in the wrong league and didn't have a clue and Ranieri lost the plot when he tried to do his own thing. I just think a big name manager will be arrogant and want to change things and that simply can't happen.

Shakey, who will play to the players strengths and who will have players playing for him, is the type of boss I want so I'll be over the moon. Plus it's another English manager in the league and I like us being managed by English/British managers because it helps us to keep our identity.

Would this partnership excite others or is the "big name" still required for many?

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Would be a bit surprised if he does stay considering your other post about the owners wanting to expand the club and pursue European football as the fact of the matter is players are more likely to come for a big name.

If he does stay, I would prefer someone experienced and has more tactical nous working alongside or mentoring him - was found out a lot after his initial winning run and I personally didn't like him playing a LB that had never played CB in a back 4 in his entire career over one that is ridiculously experienced and another that was in the team of the year in the ACON.

3. Champions of England

I think the owners believe it's easier to attract players to club while we're playing a style of football that brings us success because ultimately players would rather play for Shakey managing a side near the top six over Ranieri managing near the bottom.

The vision of the club, the pay packet, the close knit squad and the fact the players and everyone within the game speak highly of him (he was brought into the England set up for a reason not because he was Allardyces bumchum) are all reasons why players would join us so I don't see the issue that you do. Pearson signed Cambiasso so your argument is baseless really.

As for being tactically found out, what a load of crap. Yeah you'd prefer him to play Amartey or Wasi but do you watch them in training everyday? No you don't. The AFCON is a lot poorer in standard than the PL so shining in that isn't exactly a barometer to go by and Shakey obviously tried him in training and decided that Fuchs was the better option because maybe Benny needed the experience of Fuchs next to him. At the end of the day he had no decent options and there's nothing to suggest we wouldn't have got hammered with Wasi or Amartey. The squad was the problem not Shakey and I find it bizarre that you blame him when our squad was so depleted.

4. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Stop with your hypocrisy - do you watch them in training everyday? Am sure that you will claim that your buddies that give you free tickets report every nuance of the club to you but I have given you my opinion and am standing by it.

I offer an opinion that is different to yours and you are having a mardy fit - this is becoming a fixture of your postings.

I really hope you are right and I get my words shoved down my throat like when we signed Vardy and I dismissed him as a waste of money but until that day, I stand by statement and also add that we might have a tight know group of players but they are old and breaking down and we need new blood - if you think that we should be after players at the end of their career want to fulful their dreams of playing in the Premier League then fair enough.

5. Champions of England

No I don't watch them everyday just like you don't but Shakey does and he clearly knows better than you or I so your suggestion that he should have played a player you haven't seen play and criticise him tactically for it is just ridiculous!

6. Champions of England

The players we're linked with aren't not at the end of their careers so what the fack the are you talking about? You're using Cambiasso as an example of where we should go in the future? Stupid! It was just an example!

We're going after our normal targets and they will sign for Shakey.

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

You brought up Cambiasso and you are having a swearing fit when I question it <doh>

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I have a different opinion to you - no clue why that irks you so much but I'm glad it does :emoticon-0148-yes:

9. Champions of England

You have a different opinion to me which is fine but you are slagging Shakey off because of it which i have an issue with because it's ridiculous! To suggest he's not the man for the job and he's tactically inept because he didn't play Wasi or Amartey is just stupid so I'm gonna ark up at it! I'll defend our players and management when they deserve to be defended so if you're going to slag them off then I'd suggest finding better reasons otherwise I'm gonna come back at you like this.

Ultimately though you've annoyed me from day one when I "tried" to let everyone know some exciting news so if you're not liking my tone you can look at that for the reason.

You need/want a big name manager but I wonder how much you actually watch because it doesn't sound like a lot, are you just an armchair with no real clue?

10. Champions of England

Cambiasso was "an" example, not a blueprint! I simply pointed out that you don't need a big name to sign a big player but you have to take it to another level of extreme!

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Yup - I'm taking it to the extreme <laugh>
    Your first post was

I gave my response and you have replied with swearing and anger - maybe you should avoid asking questions if responses you don't like trigger you.

As for me, I should stop as while our exchanges are hilarious, it will probably end up with you getting your important mates banning me from ever watching my team again and I don't want to happen. Have a nice day on the other side of the planet and keep us up to date with your insider revelations <cheers>

12. Champions of England

Your first sentence in your first reply was suggesting that I was talking bullshit about the owners plans and couldn't possibly appoint Shakey if I was telling the truth. You set the tone of my responses in your very first sentence.

I won't bother sharing information with you in future, I'll keep it to myself but it's happening and I find out more all the time. I'd been telling people the extension was happening from when they made the decision, after Bournemouth at home in the title winning season. When we were going to secure PL survival they started putting things in motion to buy land and plans have had to be changed to work around the existing foundations but they're well into the process now and I'll continue to find out more.

As I said, from now though I'll keep it to myself seeing as you don't want to share the excitement of where our football club is heading.

13. Champions of England

Oh and don't worry, I'm not the type of person who would ask for you to be banned. You'll probably think I'm being arrogant again for saying this but if I didn't like someone and I was that type of person then I possibly have influence with the people who make those decisions if I was a real devious cant. So in theory maybe I could but that's not me. I'd never want to spoil anyone else's support for our club because I know how important it is to me.

At the end of the day you're another Leicester fan with a different opinion and chatting on forums doesn't project the right tone let's say and I'm sure if we sat down and had a chat over a pint we'd get on. I always have that in mind so say what you want if you want.

14. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

We don't do bans .... not unless there is a complete toss apple involved <ok>

15. Champions of England

He was talking about being banned from the stadium but that's good to know, I'm sure we can all refrain from being toss apples

16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Keep it respectable gents. We're all here for the same reason, love for Leicester City <ok>

17. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I agree with AKCJ. Calm it down. We're all Leicester fans and support the club. This board has been dead on the whole and it's good to have some discussion back on here and chasing people away from the board because they have different opinions isn't good. It'll be like Lesta Gangster again.

COE, I for one welcome the input and all said and done you are sharing your opinions. I'm sure if some have become irked by the way your posts are written you would take that on board and try to rectify that.

As for those attacking him, can we not all discuss our opinions without targetting one poster?

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  18. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Noted.

Yet to see Powell linked and I would have thought he would have been happier continuing to make his way in management rather than dropping back to a number two albeit in the Prem

19. Champions of England

Yeah unfortunately my tone has been set with many posters after trying to tell people some exciting info. Calling me a bullshitter when all I was doing was trying to share exciting stuff and have a debate about our future, didn't go down well with me at all and since then I've had an attitude with some people.

You on the other hand, I'll converse with normally because you're normal.

20. Champions of England

Equally there are no other managers or coaches linked either so hardly surprising.

He's not working now so maybe he'd rather work as a no.2 than not work as a no.1.