1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Seriously

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Captainchaos., Apr 15, 2017.

1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

I cannot see anyone that's good enough for the premiership in our entire squad!

Ritchie maybe along with mbemba and yedlin in my opinion are the only ones that might cut the mustard against the poorer sides in the top flight.

I'll get crucified for this, but it's true

Shelvey is turd and we play like an old stoke city side that isn't very good at doing it

Gayle is crap

Mitrovic is too slow

Lacelles is useless

Anita hhhmmmm maybe but I prefer yedlin

Perez - too slow and crap

Darlow hhhmmmm maybe

I can't even be bothered to comment on any others because they're so turd

Benitez- good manager but honestly don't want him in full control of signings he's not very good at it

Other than Gayle yedlin and Ritchie the rest are worthless signings that we are going to lose money on - in fact even Gayle and Ritchie would be hard to shift at the prices we paid

2. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Problem was last night was that we played with 10 men seeing as Gouffran didn't turn up. He touched the ball about 3 times in the whole game.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  3. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

We will be alreet...6signings,Rafas tactics probably more suited to epl plus some of the teams excluding top 8 in the so called greatest league in the world are nowt special,Bournemouth,Stoke,Hull,Swansea,West Bromwich,West ham, Boro,Watford,Burnley,Palace and Southamptonare bang average...keep the faith captain.

4. Captainchaos.

All the teams you've mentioned have far superior players than we have mate

I mean the fact Bournemouth have jack wilshire and we have jack colback shows exactly how **** we are under Ashley

nufc4life1 likes this.
  5. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Ritchie, Shelvey, Perez, Anita, Hayden, Yedlin, Darlow, Atsu, Clark, Mbemba and Laescelles should all be retained. Shelley is easy good enough, we're just basically asking him to carry the team too much, and Perez and Mbemba have already proved themselves in the Premier, they just don't like this division much.

Move on Mitro, Diame, Colback, Hanley, Gayle, and maybe Dummett and a few others

We obviously ain't anyway near a Prem team yet and need a big Rafa rebuilding job in the summer, but we're not all Colback style dross. Notice how we suddenly looked massively better last night with Hayden back in the team.

Judge Death and anyobrien like this.
  6. leez

leez Well-Known Member

still trying to think where he got the 5 mins from

shafted again

anyway colback , dummet anita diame would be the first out the door for me

Lacelles welll how many times is he going to slack mark and give away goals..

gets caught ball watching

7. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Dunno but 5 mins is about average anyway. Massively bent how we couldn't hold out for that time after being all ****ing over them in the second half, suddenly at the end of injury time instead of keeping the ball, Colback decides to scythe players down and Laescelles goes to sleep. I want them both dropped after that.

anyobrien and leez like this.
  8. anyobrien

anyobrien Well-Known Member

Colback is terrible but how the **** does diame make a living as a footballer.... ****ing disgrace of a player.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. Captainchaos.

I'm kinda agreeing on certain things but not Shelvey I think he's crap

Yes he's good at long balls but he's absolutely useless in every other area of the game

10. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Good grief. Off the back of a game where 6-0 might have been a fair reflection we bemoan our non-PL winning team? Seriously?

Imagine if we'd had a team with Danny Simpson, Wes Morgan and Robert Huth....

11. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I didn't have any problem with Colback bringing their player down.
    It was the right thing to do, he took one for the team.
    Massive cheer within SJP when he did it, including me.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  12. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

Agree with this. They had a decent attacking position and it gave people the chance to get back and mark players. Unfortunately they forgot to do that second bit.

13. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Colback was right to bring down their player.

As for anyone bemoaning this result they need their head examining - we were by far the better team. It was just a pity that their defenders and goalkeeper all had amazing games. Yes the ref missed the penalty but that was the assistant refs decision all day to call and he was the one who failed.

The ref was reasonable in my opinion.

Darlow - did well - getting better

Anita - once again did well yet never gets any praise from certain fans on this forum who clearly thinks we can get better
    Lascelles - he needs an intelligent footballer next to him a bit like Bramble.
    Mbemba - getting better with each game - him and Clark in the PL would be grand.
    Dummett - defensively good, attack wise ****e but in this game not sure if it was just down to how **** Gouffran was.

Ritchie - played well but faded.
    Hayden - what a welcome relief to have him back. Again far too much criticism from certain fans on here. people seem to think that when we sign a younger play they should instantly be a worldie, not make mistakes thus no need to learn.
    Shelvey - looked off the pace today but then he did carry the whole team last game so is probably knackered.
    Gouffran - absolute dog **** - played 90 minutes, well when I say played he was on the pitch. not sure what he was doing but it certainly wasn't playing football unless he thought he was the manager and all he had to do was look around the pitch.

Perez - lacking confidence - think a goal would help him. You can see he has the quality it just needs to start coming off.
    Mitro - led the line well but let down by those around him and to a certain extent by the ref.

Rafa - set the team up well but I think Lascelles needs dropping again for a couple of games and Gouffran needs to be dropped for the rest of the season and give those games to either Sameobi or Atsu and see if they can cut it.

DPP - watched the game with great effort, bit too sweary at times but can't fault the lads enthusiasm.

14. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

I cannot disagree with you mate. Its worrying. As things stand, the current squad needs an overhaul otherwise we will break Derbys record low total!

15. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

But for some heroic defending and goalkeeping last night, combined with better finishing, I think we would all have a very different outlook on things this morning. Yes we need to make quite a few quality signings, but if we can make 5 or 6 quality signings in key areas then we have a squad that can be the basis of surviving comfortably in our first year back. We have some first teamers at the moment who should really be squad players, some players who will thrive with better players around them, and yes - some who will need to make room for the new signings with a thank you and all the best for the future.

Ellis Short Is likes this.
  16. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

Is the OP serious or is this some forum sarcasm only regulars will understand?

17. QWOP

QWOP Well-Known Member

He hasn't deviated from the truth really. We aren't that good.

18. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

Seems like a massive OTT reaction to me.

anyobrien likes this.
  19. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

The captain is well known for his occasional bouts of negativity. He just needs a muesli fix and he'll be fine.

Tol3 and leez like this.
  20. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

We've got work to do, but we're not that bad either.