1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Jul 26, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

On the Official site there is a message to all season ticket holders -- stating that ST won't be available in time for the first home match.
    'Paper' tickets will be given to each STH - BUT - these have to be obtained before the DAY of the match v Bradford..... you won't be able to get them on the day !
    I'm not sure how/ why it always seems to be GFC who can't manage ticket sales without creating a crisis out of a drama -- can you imagine what sort of mess we'd be in if we had more than 2,500 STH.
    It was as well that I bothered to look on the OS - otherwise I wouldn't know - perhaps not until 12th August !! --- it's not as if GFC haven't had my e mail address for a number of years, and could have sent me a message (( in the same way as they manage to do so whenever they want me to spend more money )).

----- and it's not as if I should worry about doing a 100 mile journey just to pick up a 'paper' ticket' ! -- of course I won't be doing that - I will get them to post the ticket - or have it available at the collection point nearest the entrance to the GRS ( neither option included in the message on the OS )............. Do I have to do their thinking for them ? or do I assume that GFC, once again, are treating STH with contempt ?

2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Disgraceful that you cannot get a ticket on the day v Bradford sor season ticket holders as replacement

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  3. alwaysright

gioblues
    In case everyone thinks that I was complaining only on behalf of STH -
    I was alluding to the poor organisation that exists in many areas at GFC. Last season I had the fiasco, on opening day of the free ticket voucher - which I had been told by the CEO that I could use - only for the staff to say otherwise ---- common sense prevailed that day.
    In other seasons there has been a shortage of replica shirts ( more than one season ) -- and brb will tell you of the lack of bottled water available on a boiling hot day --- but it does seem that, as a club, we fail spectacularly when it comes to tickets for games -- unless you're adding an extra £5 to rip off the fans ( Spurs game ).
    GFC have tried to say that the problems are 'not in their control' - Why ? The fixtures have been out for over a month - -the club have had my £740 for a few months - how long does it take to print a few books of tickets --- There is 17 days before the home game -- just how long does it take the printing company - who is the company ? - William Caxton Press ??

4. alwaysright

Actually - I was complaining about the treatment of STH

'Casual' supporters can buy a ticket v Bradford, on matchday. STH CANNOT obtain their replacement 'paper' ticket on matchday...... This is outrageous discrimination - especially as the Club have had my money for my ST for MONTHS . How dare they treat me and other STH in such poor fashion - they complain they'll be too busy with 'casual' ticket purchases............ greedily grabbing the extra premium that will be charged to these fans.

5. brb

brb CR250

I'm no longer a STHolder as you know alwaysright but i absolutely understand your thoughts on the subject.

The Chairman had to apologise some seasons back over the treatment of STH's on the first day and being cattled through one turnstile, seriously Mr Scally have the club or yourself learned nothing from these situations!

I'm sure the club will be forthcoming with excuses for the reasons behind this delay but please come on, how long you been in charge of the club now, get yer bloody act together, these fiasco's seem to be inbred in to our club.

6. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

It does seem that time and time again, it's only ever our club that creates these silly issues and we make the simplest things look difficult.

Suppose we would be boring if we did things correctly though lol.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    grumpygit and brb like this.
  7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Season tickets are going to be delayed, for this reason paper tickets will be printed and available from the 29th July.
    For anyone not able to attend the ticket office in person they can ring the ticket office and arrange to have tickets sent by mail, there is also the option (again after ringing the club) to collect the tickets from the collection windows on the day of the match.

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

So alwaysright is making a fuss over nothing....is that what you are suggesting grumpygit <whistle>

Donning crash helmet :bandit:

grumpygit likes this.
  9. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Talking of mugs, although season tickets are delayed the 'Fixture Mugs' are available in shop! Priorities ?

grumpygit and brb like this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

As one got a picture of alwaysright on it? <laugh><laugh><laugh>

grumpygit and alwaysright like this.

11. alwaysright

brb
    You're going to need more than a crash helmet !!!!
    - I had forgotten about the fiasco on opening day - when I was told to move from near the front of one queue - to stand in front of a closed turnstile door - on the promise that it was about to be opened - only to watch my original queue all enter the ground - and the bloody turnstile door in front of me was still closed !

grumpygit loves to try to make me look a little silly - but - he misses the point - that I stated that I wasn't going to make a special 100 mile journey for my replacement ticket. I was saying that;
    a) The Club hasn't contacted me by email
    b) The Club hasn't given the options for posting / collection of the replacement ticket........................ I know these are fairly obvious - BUT - if the Club can discriminate against STH, saying that they will NOT be allowed to visit the ticket office on match day - then perhaps the bleeding obvious does not apply at Gillingham.................
    ..................AND , Mr grumpygit, have you an answer as to why the Club can even think about saying that ST won't be ready - when they still have 16 days to chase up the printers -- 0nly at Gillingham FC !

Here is the article - it clearly does NOT give the (obvious) options that grumpygit mentioned - and which, as a matter of courtesy wasn't conveyed to me ( and I dare say all other STH ) -- SO THAT - if I hadn't been aware of this issue until matchday, apparently I would NOT be permitted to visit the ticket office or obtain a replacement ticket !!!! - despite the Club having £ 740 of my money for MONTHS -- I will ask you to send a pm to brb - he'll tell what would happen at the ticket office - well I doubt if a ticket office would still be standing !

https://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/2017/july/season-ticket-collections/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    brb likes this.
  12. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Shambles! The whole idea of a season ticket is to avoid being messed about at the ticket sales point but the concept of cosseting your most loyal of customers is alien to the Club. Can we have some decent customer service and start from the standpoint that the ticket will be mailed to the STH unless otherwise requested.

brb and alwaysright like this.
  13. alwaysright

Well I have found something else about season tickets - that might just beat our current nonsense --
    West Brom have sent out their season tickets - which have the picture of Darren Fletcher................who signed for Stoke in June

14. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Gills have now sent me an email about season tickets and now i can pick up ticket on the match day.

15. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Always,
    I apologise if you thought I was trying to make you look silly, When I'm on a wind-up you will notice I will always address my post to you personally, I was simply trying to inform season ticket holders (not that they have anything to hold at the moment) that there are options for those who can't attend the ticket office.

16. alwaysright

grumpygit
    no apology needed - I am quite thick skinned. I can certainly 'dish it out ' so i shouldn't be upset if I receive it - usually when I have let my guard down -- although I do realise that brb is more than happy to incite you to 'attack me' (( I'm sure I will discuss that with brb when next we meet up ))....... and, actually I didn't think that you was trying to make me look silly.....
    # alwaysrightmissingthepointagain.

brb likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

<laugh> PMSL

I'm sure next time we meet up, alwaysright will be marching me down the ticket office after he has filled me with ale, just for a bloody good laugh. He will say few words to me...namely STH, Yellow Jackets and Hereford for the cherry on the cake, then all hell will let loose hahaha