1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Ticket's for £150

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Apr 22, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Following on from my conversation about Bradford Adult Season Tickets for £150.

I would apply the same at our club, hand in hand with current season tickets but with the following differences of choice;

The ground is rarely half full, so without affecting away or home allocation make 2-3k of this type of ticket available.

1. No allocation of seat number but access to any stand subject to availability.

2. You only receive vouchers entitling you to exchange the voucher for a match day ticket only in person at the ground, within a specified time period.

3. The higher price ST and match day full price tickets are given priority.

4. The vouchers cannot be exchanged and photo I'd required at the point of exchange.

5. You will be entitled to no further concessions and no priority to cup tickets.

6. In the event of a big game, where full price match day tickets will exceed demand then a voucher can be deemed void, however, you may pay the difference to gain access to the match. No refunds on the vouchers at any time even if a match is over subscribed by full payment customers. Basically you are agreeing to forfeit the right of access and any refund within reason at any time, unless paying the difference towards full price, but strictly subject to availability.

7. Vouchers to be numbered for the game it entitles.

8. You can request a certain area of the ground but only if the club deem it appropriate within sales demand, otherwise an alternative will be offered.

9. No guarantees of being seated together unless lack of demand allows.

10. £150 up front to be paid before the season starts and within a period dictated by the club.

Thoughts please or additions to the above.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Bradford is £199 for adult. Still cheap

3. brb

brb CR250

Gioblues - I think it increased in stages. The first stage passed and is now on the next increment.

4. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

It's a bloody sight cheaper to wait until Scally has to give away hundreds of tickets - as he did to local residents AGAIN
    Scally must think we are stupid - He has done NOTHING to attract investment into the Club. He, and his wife continue to take around £ 300,000 of OUR money - and serves us a pile of excrement every week. .......

I'm going to stop here -- but there is so much more that I want to say about the greedy **** and how HIS decisions are destroying MY team.

5. brb

brb CR250

alwaysright, despite me constantly showing support towards the Chairman, I completely understand your frustrations.

People constantly are led by the mirage that is painted for them, but as has been proven my thoughts regarding the so called five year dream have become founded on the basis regarding my past opinions.

The time has expired and we still are where we are, because ambition has to be backed by proven staged development, but all I ever see is an half empty ground.

That's fine by me as I'm happy watching a lower league team, however, I do aid in opinion unselfishly how it could move forward, hence threads such as this.

Yes, it could be depicted as a crack pot idea but it can be no worse than gimmicks that still leave the ground no more full than it was three decades ago.

To be successful you have to think outside the box, something the Gills have had trouble doing in it all season.

6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - struggling to think inside the [penalty] box - let alone any thinking outside of a box.

brb likes this.
  7. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Perhaps the marketing department should have thought about what Rochdale are doing :

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/a...-tickets-holders-claim-your-seat-3683527.aspx

The pertinent bit being :

Season Ticket Details
    We are offering (adult) fans an unbelievable opportunity to purchase a 2017/18 season ticket for potentially only £110!

The £110 offer is based on achieving 4,000 season ticket sales and the final price will depend on the number of season ticket deposits sold.

After hitting the first major milestone of 886, the most an adult will pay for his/ her season ticket is just £250. The next milestones are:

Over 2,500 season ticket deposit sales - £200

Over 3,000 season ticket deposit sales - £150

Over 4,000 season ticket deposit sales - £110

Prices for Junior Season Tickets aged 12–16 will be £89. When we reach the 2,000 sales target, the price will reduce to £50 and remain at £50.

And that's for a club with current average home gates of around 2,500 I guess

But probably too late to do much about next season for GFC.

8. brb

brb CR250

Absolutely Tim, once again we have demonstrated now at least three examples between us in what the club COULD be doing, but either the marketing department is not listening or the Chairman is still trying to flog a dead horse.

We are Gillingham, £20+ for a ticket is way too much. It's 90 minutes entertainment and alwaysright would even lynch me for using that word. The demographics of Gillingham is never going to fill the ground at that price. Yeah the Chairman could argue well I do free tickets, i do discounted tickets, I did BMS tickets, but I openly say they are gimmicks, and myself am not interested in (unless of course offered one by friends - thank you) but my point is, do me a pre-season offer along the lines of the 3 suggestions on this site already and Scally I will snap your right arm off, even if it is for L2 football. Make the game affordable for ALL. Maybe having lived in Dubai he don't understand the working class side of the game, take your suit and tie off Mr Chairman and wake up and smell the tea, because otherwise your be back where you started three decades ago, i say this from my heart where blue blood runs in my veins.