1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Highlights

Discussion in 'League 1' started by WWOCB, Jun 5, 2011.

1. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Hi guys, hope your not all suffering from the same degree of withdrawal symptoms as myself after being away from our beloved game for a few weeks/months now. Thought I'd try get a decent cross-club thread going on here, so, a few questions:

What has been your favourite game this season?

Your most embarrassing game this season?

Your favourite goal and why?

Your favourite player?

Your worst player?

Your favourite away day?

The funniest chant?

Most amusing moment

And any other notable mentions....hope to hear from you all.

2. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

I'll get the ball rolling...

Favourite game - Thrashing Peterborough away

Most embarrasing game - a tie between 4-0 against Brighton, or 4-2 against Swindon

Favourite goal - the one in my pic, Bradley Wright Phillips nutmegging the Orient keeper after he threw it straight to his legs. Close second and third go to Pawel Abbotts only two league goals for us, both spectacular volleys. Also worth noting, Gary Dohertys overhead kick, though BWP got the last touch on it.

Favourite player - Naturally Jose Semedo, simply for his love of the club and always giving 100%

Worst player - Frank Nouble, quite simply incapable of kicking a ball.

Favourite away day - possibly the aforementioned Peterborough game, or Bristol Rovers away.

Funniest Chant - "You can stick your oompa loompa's up your arsee" and "we all dream of a team of oompa loompa's", directed at the 30 or so Hartlepool fans who came down in fancy dress.

Most Amusing Moment - One poor fellow at Walsall away, who seemed to be the only person in the whole away section that couldn't see Bradley Wright Phillips's stray shot going straight towards his head. Upon hitting him, his head spun around like in a cartoon before he was knocked down onto the seats beside him. Fair play to him, he got up and laughed, and half the first team squad were calling up to him to see if he was alright.