1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season finale, Derby

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, May 5, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Vote with their feet, hopefully this will be the case and attendances will drop, forcing ME to act. Not being funny but if MM was that good, he would have been poached by another team by now!

2. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Anyway, you're boring me now with your constant settling for **** football, look forward to clashing with you Mick lovers again in August!

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Well now he is gone we can get back to a grown up discussion.....<cheers>

4. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

I disagree that we've made progress this year.

We have finished with fewer points and goals scored than last season, and we've also conceded more goals. The style of play has generally been worse and I think the squad looks weaker than what it did at this point last year.

However, I think critics of this season have been over-the-top. We came seventh and, while we didn't make the play-offs, you'd think we'd be in the bottom half of the table judging from some comments from the fan-base.

Yes, we have been unfortunate with injuries and, yes, Mick has had to make do with another limited transfer budget, despite the massive profit we made off the Tyrone Mings sale.

We need to push on this summer by investing some money, identifying weak areas, and changing something behind the scenes to avoid/cut down on injuries. On a board level, I'd like to also see closer communication and a better effort to appease supporters and keep them onside, while also stressing to Mick the importance of playing a more entertaining style of football.

5. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

For me you've got that about right Westy, at times our style of play has-been tedious to say the least and a lack of quality glaring but you need quality players to play quality football and our most skillful players have been missing for long periods this season.
    How MM could possibly be compared to tweedle dum is beyond me, the damage done to this Club is still being felt in the lack of financial support available for MM and to suggest that Mick would waste money if made available is based on what? He's never had any at this Club save the £100 K for Sears was that a waste?

San Diego likes this.
  6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Spanish you're so unbelievably childish at times seriously " Mick lovers " christ alive I have no doubt we'd get on perfectly well in real life but on a forum I don't understand your need to have a nervous breakdown!