1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Seagulls V Canaries

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JM Fan, Oct 28, 2016.

1. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I'm pleased you are still intent on going and encouraging younger family members too. I know we all see things differently but at the end of the day we're all united in supporting our team! <ok>

2. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Of course I'm still going, I'm a supporter end of, (cue DD comment). <laugh> Michelle is number 7 now in our family group, costing me a fluff-in fortune! Be glad when some of them get jobs so I can lighten the load on my finances.

3. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Will you adopt me please ILD, and treat me as well <whistle>

4. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

ILD is my long lost uncle/cousin/nephew. Hi unc/cuz/son, coming home soon. See you then.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    ilovedelia likes this.
  5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

That's very impressive ILD - it's just me and my son (or should it be my son and I DD??). I stayed loyal during our fall into League 1, (even forfeited my £70 rebate), so once I get used to whoever is manager, I'll probably hold onto my season ticket!!!
    Sorry DD and as ILD says, get your name on the waiting list, I was able to get one for my granddaughter in December 2010 by just walking into the shop in Castle Mall

ilovedelia likes this.
  6. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

While some of us, in your view, aren´t worthy to be called the name ( #212). There are plenty of us on here, who, even if we don´t go, and don´t necessarily harbour the same ambitions, are still loyal supporters, and that might be worth remembering for some of you.

..and incidentally, not all of us feel the need to make a point of rubbing it in, just the fact that we´re on here, should be evidence enough.

canary-dave and JM Fan like this.
  7. ilovedelia

Yes, but bring beer!

8. ilovedelia

You know very well what I was referring to, 26000 "real loyal" fans who PAY their hard earned money to watch every week! I don't deny people who listen or watch on line arent real fans/people, but if you don't sit there in the stadium how can you feel the atmosphere, watch individual performances....you are relying on someone else's views of what's happening to form your opinion. All I'm saying and I'm not rubbing it in, as a season ticket holder who actually sees before my very eyes what is going on, find it increasingly disturbing that people who do that have such solid and negative opinions. Most of Canary callers don't go to games but listen to Chris Goreham on radio Norfolk, the have opinions that I find absolutely astonishing and have no relevance to what I've just watched.
    I disagree with you when you say we should stay in the lower leagues and not have ambition, if the whole world thought that way we'd still be in the Stone Age and not bothering to invent the wheel!
    I don't know how many "listening" supporters there are out there but I'm glad you're one of them. OTBC

9. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

If for no other reason than availability of streams and general coverage we in exile should all hope for a return to the PL, even if what we then have to watch is us getting dicked! I can only get to a few games each season 3 last, 2 so far this. Coming on here is as much for me about getting more info from people who attend as it is expressing my own opinions. That and talking about the wonderful fish and chips of the CHip Inn Long Stratton!
    There is only so much you can learn from the god awful ch5 snippets. Makes MOTD seem good!

Bah!

ilovedelia likes this.
  10. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

As you say ILD, some of the drivel that is spouted by most of the ones selected to be on 'Canary Call', have probably never even been to Carrow Road or an away game to see a match first hand and so can only comment on what they hear from CG and to be fair, it's a fairly accurate summary of what's happening on the pitch. The trouble is, I can't stand Rob Butler and I say #bringbackneeyull

Edit - Yes General, the channel 5 coverage is worse than useless.

ilovedelia likes this.

11. royalbarclayfan

Oh I see, so you´re , and I quote, "a real loyal fan" while I´m just a real fan, without the loyalty. Well I´ve been supporting them since 1960, without ever once wavering, and that, despite having to move abroad - I´d call that fairly loyal. It makes not one scrap of difference whether one decides to spend ones savings on going to each match throughout the season, or whether one decides/has to support them from afar, the first is no more loyal and no better a supporter than the second. Just who are you anyway, to judge whether one is a loyal supporter or not? Conceited so-and-so. You don´t know me from Adam, and I´m actually beginning to be quite thankful for that.

And once again you put words into my mouth, I´ve never once said that the Club shouldn´t have ambition. I haven´t got the same ambition for the Club as many others on here, but that´s a totally different thing altogether

12. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I think you are both real fans and both loyal fans and just because one cannot attend games regularly, I don't think says one is more passionate than the other. Passion can be exibited in many ways be it; attendance and shouting, poetry or checking the scores and being elated or deflated.
    Admittedly one of you the club will likely appreciate more, on account of your financial contributions to the cause and your direct and visible support. But that is not to say that we as the canary nation do not and should not appreciate all fans attending or not, for our shared interest and passion.

Bah!

royalbarclayfan likes this.
  13. ilovedelia

Honestly that is the most drivel I've read on here for ages. 1959 was my first game, so I guess using your logic that makes me a MORE loyal supporter?? Don't be silly RBF, read what I've written. You don't seem to get it, for you to make comments to me about the club and what goes on on the pitch without actually being there is wrong . You're entitled to your opinion, I never said you weren't and I'm glad your a supporter, just don't lecture me on what I see week in week out! Keep the faith.

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  14. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Guys, please.

We are all "supporters" of the club whether we attend games (as ILD does and I do) or physically, due to geography can't (as per RBF and Thai). It makes one persons views no less personal and thus no less important than the other.

Yes, you and I ILD do have the privilege (check to see if that is valid come 1750 hrs on Saturday) of being able to witness first hand the performances, good or bad, and that is an advantage over RBF and Thai but it does not make my view any more relevant or important than any other fan as it is strictly my view.

Let's all get behind the team in whatever way we can so that we can move forward positively - that's not easy at the moment with the performances and all but we've got to all support the team the best way we can.

Vale.

royalbarclayfan likes this.
  15. royalbarclayfan

Before criticising me for commenting on matches and incidents from matches, perhaps you should make absolutely sure that I haven´t actually seen them. Television and internet has been invented you know, and match replays do happen, also in Denmark. I haven´t listened to a match commentary from Carrow Road or anywhere else, for years, and the majority of comments I make, are on what I have seen, so I shall continue to do so, whether you like it or not.

16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Well said ocf!!! <applause>

17. ilovedelia

I'm afraid this shows you up a bit, would the club survive on people listening or watching online, rather than going through the turnstiles every week. As I've said before how can you feel the atmosphere, the supporters feelings or follow the all the action on television when they choose what to show you.
    I dont deny that you are a loyal fan/supporter, there are probably thousands of you out there, some living abroad some who just can't afford to attend, but theres nothing like being there!
    I'm not rubbing anything in or boasting or bragging, but I spend a LOT of money at the club and if nothing else I think a little respect for that may be in order.
    My season ticket spend for myself and members of my family is approaching £3000, thats without travel, parking, programs and food and drinks, I also attend most of the under 23 games, all the cup games (not many these days) and academy games to support one of our little ones in the under 10's. If thats not loyalty then I may as well stop going!

18. royalbarclayfan

My final word on this.

So you DO regard yourself as more of a fan, than those who for whatever reason, are unable to make it through the turnstiles every week, just because you spend money there and we don´t. You´re not. I spent years standing on the terraces at the Barclay End, and I´d be there now, if work hadn´t taken me abroad, and I m sure there are hundreds more like me. Naturally the club needs bodies through the turnstiles to survive, but I didn´t deliberately go abroad, just so I wouldn´t have to continue to cough up each weekend. Fortunately there are still just enough left in Norfolk to fill the ground, without me - and thank goodness for that!

19. ilovedelia

Fuc***g hell man are you dense or what? Read what I've written! NO I do not consider myself superior in any way, my problem with you right from the beginning was always you preaching lack of ambition based on listening or watching the television! As I've said before there's no substitute for actually being there, and therefore I don't consider your opinion as valid as supporters who fill the ground week in week out, and that my friend includes me!!

20. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Basically if nobody went to games and just watched 10 games a year on telly or a steam there would be no atmosphere and no club we would be Ipswich( minus the people watching sketchy streams.)
    I would class people that attend games as more loyal and passionate than fans that don't .
    I get to 4 or 5 games a year tops mostly away games .

ilovedelia likes this.