1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Scunthorpe v Shrewsbury

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Matster, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Town have headed off to high flying Scunthorpe today.

The other important League One games this weekend are Bury vs Swindon, Oldham vs Coventry and Gillingham vs Port Vale. All of which will have a big effect on the table against us.

This means it would be great to see Town get a point or more out of today's game.

AJLS is more than likely not going to feature, but could make it to the bench. Payne I'm guessing won't feature today whilst they're waiting on results of his foot. After that we are looking at a fairly wide range of options on offer. It'll likely be a 442 with Ladapo and Roberts up front, the back four seem to be a settled unit, so that leaves the midfield which again has been pretty regular.

Come on town let's get something out of today and move up the league table. Floreat Salopia.

2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Probably the best performance I have seen from Town since we got back in League 1. Scunthorpe had not lost at home in the league since November 2015 and the table does not lie - they are a very good side. Yet we matched them blow for blow and had the belief to get on the front foot and make the better chances in the second half. We should have had a penalty before we scored and Tyler's strength and skill to set up the goal (combined with Freddie's cool finish) was a joy to behold. No Man of the Match for me - everyone did their job and more in a magnificent team performance. I am really looking forward to Peterborough on Tuesday.

Matster likes this.
  3. Matster

Forum Moderator

A great result for Town against Scunthorpe. All those who traveled must have had some some doubts hidden away over the result that lay ahead, yet watched a superb game and had very enjoyable return journey.

4. Matster

Forum Moderator

That goal was a cracking bit of teamwork and counter attacking football.

5. Matster

Forum Moderator

Great save by Leutwiler too.

6. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

The highlights look a bit one-sided to me as they miss out two clear penalty shouts for us (especially the push on Riley) and shots on goal by Ogogo and Brown whereas all the Scunthorpe efforts bar one that hit the side netting are shown.