1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scunthorpe v Charlton Match thread

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Actually sounded okay on the updates. Ehich is way better than I was expecting

2. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Surprised to be fair. Sounds like Slades packed the midfield to stop Scunthorpe playing their open game.

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

2 goals against Bournemouth by Big Mak.

4. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

From my man at the ground 0 0 fair result Botaka came on last 7 had decent effort couple of crosses ...why didn't he come on earlier ...not the Slade way .
    He will be wetting himself with that result

5. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

We were better in the second half and maybe could have come away with three points. It wasn't as superb as some are suggesting but we were pretty good. I can't complain about anyone really.

Botaka was great when he came on and Lookman was a threat all game, creating chances out of nothing. Should have been on 10mins earlier.

I've come to the conclusion that Fox is naturally very good positionally but lacks the technical ability and physical speed to exploit this. He consistently finds space between the midfield and defence and receives the ball but often can't do much with it. I'd say most of our play goes through him to some extent.

Slade came over at the end, clapped us and shook hands with those at the front which was nice.

I don't really have an opinion on Slade, he's better than some of you think but he does seem overly defensive and reluctant to make subs.

6. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

Also there was a 60something trying to grapple with a teenager because he was swearing. Told him and his mates to "stop ****ing swearing". Amazing. If the teen hit him he'd probably be dead

7. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Slade is running up to his handicap mark, which for the horse racing afficiandos among you means he might just win a seller at Brighton.

I can't for the life of me work out why he is apparently satisfied with these draws.

14th in a sh1t league is p1ss poor, and there is no sign he is the man to get us up.

We have sold out at Oxford on Saturday, so put away your sh1t midfield Russ because we are going there expecting a WIN mate.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  8. Holden Chinaski

You know what happens when we expect to win?

9. Holden Chinaski

And still two points from relegation.

10. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It wasnt a bad point, but nor a good one. Slade seems to be a manager that focuses on the opposition rather than his own.

11. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Slade seems very happy after the draw, and insists that "We're getting better" and "Pleased with the reaction", despite getting 2 points from our last 3 games. Not quite Brendan Rodgers, who described Celtic as "Brilliant" after they lost 7-0 to Barca, but then again we weren't playing Barca.

12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

People seem to be using the fact Ardley and Alexander were complimentary after playing us. Of course they would be - they've just taken points off a team who should be looking for promotion!

Heads and sand come to mind.

13. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Sounded like a reasonable performance and result against a good side. Question marks about RS and his use of substitutes, but I suppose the B side is we were playing well and if he'd made a change, broken up the team rhythm and gone on to lose, he'd have been heavily criticised. I personally think we have a squad capable of taking games by the scruff of the neck, but that is easy to say when you don't go to the games. There was a comment on ITTV about a 'superb result' which suggests excessive drug abuse, but it's certainly a good enough one after saturday. Need to push on against Oxford though.

DonCorleone likes this.