1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scott Carson completes move to Bursaspor

Discussion in 'West Brom' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

West Brom goalkeeper Scott Carson has moved to Turkish side Bursapor for an undisclosed fee.

The 25-year-old England international has agreed terms with his side and completed the transfer today.

It brings to and end the keeper's three-year spell at the Hawthorns.

Baggies boss Roy Hodgson said: "In the three months I worked with Scott I cannot fault his professionalism and dedication.

"He has been a good servant to the club and I would like to wish him all the best for the future as he looks to broaden his experience by playing in a foreign country.
    Carson moved to The Hawthorns in July 2008 from Liverpool and was instantly installed as Albion's No.1 by then-boss Tony Mowbray.

He played 35 consecutive Barclays Premier League games in his first season at the club - a run that was only halted by a training ground hand injury.

The keeper was a integral part of the side he captain to promotion under Roberto Di Matteo in 2010.

He lost his starting place to Boaz Myhill midway through last season, but was recalled after Hodgson's arrival.

Carson made 118 appearances for Albion.

2. You'veBeenTiote'd

You'veBeenTiote'd Active Member

Is it even worth posting news about West Brom? Apparently there's nobody to discuss it...