1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Schweinsteiger

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Stan

Stan Stalker

Yeh he was. Not for long but during that one, brief, disjointed season he was cracking.

Treble and Diego like this.
  2. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Maybe your expectations are lower or mine unrealistic but he didn't really IMO stand out. He may have had a competent game here and there but I can't recall him driving the team or making the difference. Possibly LVG's fault but we'll never know.

3. Stan

Stan Stalker

I was referring to Hargreaves. You quoted my post about Hargreaves being a cracking player and disagreed.

4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I'm convinced there is more to the Schweinsteiger business than we are being told. If reports are true, there is some lingering resentment from some the first-team squad regarding his lack of commitment to recovery (for club) - and I can't recall a great many pictures of 'Basti' the social group guy. On the face of it he plays his football then buggers off to watch his tennis girl play (not that you can blame him) - but not much social integration with the rest of the squad. Whether that was a language thing, a cultural thing or whether he was used to being treated like royalty at BM and found himself out of his depth at OT we won't know.

What is clear is that Jose is a mean judge of talent and if he thought that Schweinsteiger offered anything positive at all (like Zlatan and Fellani) he would have put him in the squad. That he didn't suggests there are other, more important, reasons why he has been left out and told to find another club. I doubt we will ever know the real reasons why, but you have to have faith in the manager and the board that they are doing what they are doing for good reason.

5. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

Better than Pogba

6. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Can't someone put a bullet in your head as wells as your ****ing mums to for bringing you into this world, stupid nonce.

7. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner