1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Schweinsteiger

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Aug 4, 2016.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Love the way the Germans are kicking off about our 'treatment' of Schweinsteiger - not that he is good enough for them to want him back .......

Bayern Munich president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge reckons Bastian Schweinsteiger's situation at Manchester United could dissuade players from joining the Premier League club.
    The 32-year-old is reportedly training with United's reserves after being told he does not feature in new manager Jose Mourinho's plans at Old Trafford.
    Schweinsteiger was not among the 22 players used by Mourinho in Wayne Rooney's testimonial match against Everton on Wednesday.
    And Rummenigge is baffled by the development towards Schweinsteiger, who retired from international duty with Germany at the end of July. "Nothing like that has ever happened at Bayern Munich."
    Schweinsteiger forced his way back into the first-team fray at Bayern after being told in 2005 by then-coach Felix Magath to train with the reserves since he did not have a place for him in the first team.

Yep, nothing ever like it happened at BM

taeleon likes this.
  2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seems to me that the poorest treatment he received was after 17 years of loyal service to Bayern, when he was sold whilst on his summer holiday, without even the slightest attempt to keep him. Smacks of how Wenger dispatched Merson and Mourinho ditched Lampard as soon as they were done with them, regardless of their commitment to the club.

shwan, taeleon and HRH Custard VC like this.
  3. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36975545

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho should be sent to jail for "bullying" Bastian Schweinsteiger, says a member of world players' union FifPro.

The midfielder, 32, signed a three-year deal in 2015 and played 31 games last term but has trained alone and with the Under-23s since Mourinho took over.

"It's clear bullying," Slovenia FifPro member Dejan Stefanovic told the BBC.

"In Slovenia, we would have indicted Mourinho and asked for the highest penalty - three years in prison."

Speaking to BBC World Service Sport, lawyer Stefanovic, who is also president of the Slovenian Footballers and Sportsmen Union added: "This is clearly meant to discourage Bastian.

"Mourinho is setting a bad example. I would take it to the ordinary court. In our case, the penal code is quite clear. If there is bullying and harassment, there's a prison sanction, a maximum of three years in prison.

"Schweinsteiger should turn to the Professional Footballers' Association and he should file a complaint and I would also seek penalty for Mourinho.

"All the players of the first team have to train with the coaches of the first team at the same place, at the same time as all other team-mates, that's something that should be applied to each and every club and should be written within Fifa regulations."

BBC Sport has contacted United about Stefanovic's claim but is yet to receive a reply.

Schweinsteiger, who has made 120 appearances for Germany, joined United from Bayern Munich.

He was left out of Mourinho's 25-man squad for last weekend's 5-2 friendly win over Galatasaray in Gothenburg and was not part of the 22 for Wayne Rooney's testimonial with Everton on Wednesday.

Schweinsteiger's brother Toby, assistant manager of Bayern Munich's Under-17s team sent a tweet on the evening of the Galatasaray match which said merely "no respect".

Bayern Munich president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, another former Germany captain, said in German publication Bild: "One or two players are going to think long and hard in future about whether they want to go to such a club."

<laugh>

4. glazerfodder

Tis the FIFA law, the coach must only use the injured, worn-out players brought in by the previous management.... who were crap. Three years imprisonment for JM - FREE BASTI !! Ya.

5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

What utter crap.
    The manager's job is to manage, and he needs to be able to pick the players he wants, when he wants, for whatever match he wants.
    And have the players train when he wants, with whomever he wants. Otherwise what the **** is the point?
    No player should feel entitled, and no manager should ever feel obligated to play a player in a game or have him in this squad etc.

Reminds me of a couple of years back, a manager in the PL (can't remember who it was), was fined because he picked a "second string" XI in a PL match, because they had a FA Cup semi final a few days later. Ridiculous. So the PL are basically saying they get to dictate who that manager picks for his match squad, not to mention that it was a huge insult to the players who played that day, the PL was basically fining the manager because those players are **** and shouldn't be playing for that club.

shwan and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  6. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Fergie got severely criticised for playing the class of 92 in one of the league cup matches. "disrespect for the competition" they all screamed , even though that side could have beaten most premiership sides in the league.

The problem with this episode is that we don't know the full story. Was there an argument about tactics? Did Bastian refuse to play in one of Jose's teams or play in a position requested by Jose? or was it just Jose trying to impose his authority and show who is boss? Did Bastian refuse point blank to move to another club and did Jose treat him in a different to another player in a similar situation? Should Bastian's standing in football shield him from such treatment?

7. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

Black
    Was Blackpool or Hull

8. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

double post

9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Thats my point though, whatever the story is, it doesn't matter. You bring in a manager to manage the football side of the club.
    If you are not going to let him do that, then what's the point?
    I am sure he has his reasons, he didn't just walk in to Old Trafford and think to himself, "Ya know what, I think I am just gonna pick one player and be a complete **** to him, just for ****s and giggles!"
    He wants Schweinsteiger gone, so, provided they can find somewhere to offload him , Bast should just accept he is not in the new managers plans and move on with dignity.

10. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Make your ****ing mind up Custard <doh>

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  12. glazerfodder

Schweinsteiger is injury-prone, old and doesn't fit with JM's style of play or player - so he has told him he can leave on loan or transfer out. What is JM supposed to do next, keep Schweinsteiger with the first team squad when he will never get another game with the club. Quite rightly he has done what countless other players have had to do - allowed him to go keep himself fit and match ready for any upcoming transfer. Talk about a non-story. In a way I'm glad to see it, at least it shows the guy has no place for sentimentality - all he wants to do is see the club succeed.

13. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

All part of having JM in charge.Any silly little thing will be jumped on and blown out
    of all proportion.

14. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Every club & every manager does to handful of players every year.

Non issue.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I agree that at the start of a new managers term all players are equal and should be given the same consideration when it comes to him picking his squad, no argument there.

Schweinstieger does seem to have been singled out right from the off as one player who is to be 'made an example of'. It was known he wasn't part of Mourinho's plans right from the start somehow, he seems to be making a point with Schweinstieger and, to me, it's unnecessary. I don't really get why one player has to be treated with such disdain, it doesn't reflect well on Mourinho or United.

The Germans are going OTT about it but Jose is clearly just getting his balls out with a star player to prove who's in charge and it's not on.

That and Fellaini IS in the squad for **** sake.

16. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think it's the exact opposite tbh. He isn't making any point, he just doesn't see a place for Schweinsteiger in the first team therefore why should he train with the first team? We did the same with Jonny Evans before he was sold and no one made a peep, and Evans gave us a lot more service than Schweinsteiger.

The Germans seem to believe Mourinho should make make a point of treating Schweinsteiger different from any other player, but he gave no indication last season that he deserves any sort of special treatment any more.

glazerfodder likes this.
  17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He is treating him differently.

Schweinstieger is the only one getting this treatment.

I just think it could, and should, have been dealt with better then it has been.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Although yeah, truth is maybe it has been as Schweinstieger himself hasn't moaned.

Perhaps Jose has told him personally in advance and the press /Bayern have since blown it out of proportion.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I thought Januzaj and others are also being left in the reserves - was previously reported Mourinho had identified nine players he didn't want, all of whom were playing in the reserves pending sales / loans. Schweinsteiger was just the highest profile of those - he's being treated the same as the rest.

Not sure how else it could have been dealt with tbh - as you say Schweinsteiger himself hasn't given any impressions of being unhappy / surprised by the whole thing. It's just his brother and Bayern (who sold him without a second thought once he was surplus to their manager's requirements) who are whinging and the media are lapping it up.

glazerfodder likes this.
  20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

As far as I can gather it is so far only Schweinstieger who is confirmed as surplus. And even then it's by hearsay.

What I think would be good is for United and/or Mourinho to confirm it for definite and make as statement as to why. That way, it goes away. In the meantime it doesn't look great. It just doesn't.

Some clearly don't care of course. This is what I do not buy into. This 'we're United and we've got loads of cash so **** the rest of you' attitude. It's easy to jump on that bandwagon. Very easy.