1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Schmeichel Bid Points to Bleak Summer for Leeds

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

Go away.

2. eastyorkshirewhite

Should not take to much notice of Lorimer he is just another one of Bates mouthpieces who dare not speak out against him.

3. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

The sale of Kasper is the final straw for me. Were going no where fast and will be lucky to stay up this year. Three good players gone and, nothing signed and wouldn't at all be surprised now to lose Max and Snoddy. I wonder does anyone in charge at elland road actually know what they are doing, I don't think so.

4. Monster-Leeds - I-Ate-A-Bee

nah i think only kasper is worth keeping out of the 3.

For bates and co to accept the offer, there must be a huge reason behind it. If brown is our replacement then for me something needs to be said!

5. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

With respect, that's crazy talk. I honestly don't see why we'd sell Kasper without any consultation unless we've already found a better replacement. With the attack we've got, there's no way we're going down; we shipped relegation numbers last season, our goalscoring put us in a very good position and it will do so again even if we make terrible signings which we won't.

Three good players, or three average players? For me, we can hugely improve on all three positions, and I really don't think Max and Snoddy will go. Let's be all gloom and doom in July if no signings come in but I feel like the only one with faith that we are capable of finding better players this season. Monster, I wouldn't believe the Brown thing, it's from TalkSport after all. Could be any number of players as OLM said.

Sound a lot like I'm spewing propaganda for the club, but I'm just trying to be cold-headed instead of jumping to heated conclusions when we haven't even made any signings yet.

6. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

Bottom line is our transfer activity will tell us exactly what we want to know.....we had better sign at least three quality defenders, a couple of class mids and two good goalies or we are going to come up short yet again. Time will tell.....

7. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

Donald, don't feel alone. I am with you in the positive attitude. I'm a little worried but as long as noone proves me wrong I'll keep believing.

8. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

i have no doubt that we will be challenging for automatic this year, however i am really dissappointed with kasper leaving and i dont think people realise how well he actually done at leeds and how much he is going to improve. although i can see the reasoning behind selling kasper, and we surely will be getting in a fine keeper as replacement

9. brb

brb Guest

I see Jason Brown is reported as wanting to come back to us Gills.

No way can I see us being able to afford him, although I suppose you lot might be able to scrape enough pennies together, he's desperate for first team football?

At least he'll be able to look forward to coming back to Priestfield the following season :emoticon-0100-smile

10. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning all, the morning after the night before. Kasper's gone. Why? Because it would appear that the club weren't going to be able to do a deal. C'est La Vie. Has he gone up in the world? I doubt it. Have we got a replacement lined up? I hope so!! Chill out one & all.

I was surprised that Kasper has gone, particularly to a club like Leicester who aren't the biggest club in the world & who, despite all the cash they're flashing, are by no means guaranteed auto or even promotion via the play offs. Let's hope for a better day today with some positive news.

11. Jerel Ifil

Trying to remember some games which Kasper cost us points in. I can think of:

Millwall away
    Barnsley home
    Portsmouth home
    Crystal Palace away
    QPR away

Any others I've missed?

12. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

We beat QPR away mate, but he did make a stupid mistake in the 1st minute leading to there first goal <ok>

13. Jerel Ifil

Oh yeah <doh>

What an idiot I feel, thought it was a draw.

14. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

It was a weird game from start to finish. QPR didnt care about the result it seemed & was more relaxed after there points deduction didnt happen. We went 1-0 after 45 secs then Mccormack won it with a freak of a goal.

Nothing like the drama of the year before with Bristol Rovers!

15. Jerel Ifil

Yeah I remember it now, Gradel lob and McCormack deflection. Just me being slow on a morning as per! Leicester home the last game next season. Could be an interesting one with Schmeichel there and both sides hopefully pushing for promotion. I get the feeling they're still bitter about Gradel too. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

16. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

They must be gutted about Gradel. Its like us letting Nunez go & he blasting in 20 next season. Kinda rubs a bit of salt in doesnt it when a player shows he can hack it & the gaffer didnt think he was worthy (or it could be trustworthy in Mad Maxes case!)

17. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Incidently Leicester were the only team in the top half of the championship that conceded more goals than we did last term, so Kasper will be just as busy next season!

18. brb

brb Guest

Any info on JB yet? <laugh>

19. LeakyLeeds

LeakyLeeds Member

Hahahahahahahahaha - REALLY?

Just last week they had to publicly apologise to Primark for making stuff up and SENSATIONALIZING news.....

The BBC are not neutral, they are a media corporation run by britains right wing elite, they are the TV version of The Daily Mail!!

Bigots and Morons (the BBC that is)....

20. Jerel Ifil

Since when has BBC Sport been known to sensationalize news, or in this instance, to completely lie about a player's wages? And there are plenty who'd say just the opposite that the Beeb is a left-wing organization. I hate the idea of a state broadcaster but people really just look for conspiracies to suit their political viewpoint, whether that be left or right. Take a look at this for instance: http://www.biased-bbc.blogspot.com/

The overriding point is that the only information we have about Schmeichel's wages is that they were around £15kpw at Notts. One deduces therefore that he is on more than that at Leeds.