1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saturday's draw

Discussion in 'Luton Town' started by bloodnok, Jan 18, 2016.

1. bloodnok

bloodnok New Member

I reckon NJ came out of that one OK. With the crap squad Still has put together he has his work cut out this season.
    I just wonder if we'll get January signings, cos there'll be some outgoings, Griffiths first if the rumour mongers are right.

2. moriarty

moriarty Member

I'm beginning to have my doubts already about Mr. Jones. First Gutts, then Wilkinson, probably two of the better players we had now gone with it seems, Griffiths to be the next, the best left back we've had at Luton for decades. What really worries me about all this is that he's offloaded these players without having seen them play in a league match so someone, it seems, is already pulling his strings.

His own man someone said! Yeah, right.

3. bloodnok

bloodnok New Member

Sorry for the late reply.
    Well lot's has happened. Jones's dealings so far seem to be working
    We're certainly playing football now.
    With Pelly and MvCourt now appearing to be functional I would expect to see Makhail-Smith start to show us some returns on his salary, the arrival of Lester Piggott acting as a little prod that no one is safe.

4. moriarty

moriarty Member

It could be that Pigott will jockey with CMS for the CF role and whip into action the goal scoring, something which we seem to have forgotten at KR is the name of the game. Three successive games at the theatre of dreams now without one.

There's been a lot of hype over the last year or so from the alcove lot about Justham. Going on his performance yesterday my only response to that is, hurry back please, Mark Tyler. As Stead raced through the middle of our defence, Justham should have left his goal like a bullet. Had he done so he would have reached the ball first, outside his penalty area admittedly, but would have been able to hoof it away. Instead he dithered and dallied like an old lady not quite sure whether or not it was safe to attempt crossing a busy road.

A whisper tells me, bloodnok, that you're looking forward to your first visit to the Kenny on Tuesday, along with that lovely lady you live with - (bounder!), in the very pleasant confines of box 18. Hope you both enjoy the experience, after the last year you both deserve it.

My visit yesterday involved eating some delicious cheese/tomato sandwiches whilst on the bus from Hitchin to Park Square, prepared earlier by my own fair hands after which I met up with my policeman son in law's twin brother in the Whitehouse before making my way to the ground, where I bumped into SW19 briefly. A very pleasant bump it was too!

Hope to meet up with you and Mrs. Bloodnok soon.

5. bloodnok

bloodnok New Member

Footie is on the cards Tues, a bit earlier than scheduled as Mick's box covers the good lady's present intolerance to cold.
    I hope I don't see a team that has yet failed to replace André Gray...where has all that money gone?

6. moriarty

moriarty Member

Probably JS spent it on wages for the underachievers he signed, not to mention his own five grand a week and his pay-off.

Enjoy Tuesday mate and give my best wishes and a big hug to Jen. Any idea when you plan to visit KR again?

7. bloodnok

bloodnok New Member

Jn
    We'll see how Jen gets on with the cold. Chemo has left her feeling frozen all the time, but if it's nice, we may try Feb 20