1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sanchez is Chelsea's no 1 transfer target

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by CFC: Champs £launderx17, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I can kinda see it from both the fans and the boards point of view.
    To the fans, it sets a new precedent to other clubs who try to poach their best players that they wont be ****ed with, and that they will do all they can to keep their best assets, even at the cost of large sums of cash.
    To the board though, in essence, it is throwing away £50m just to spite a player, they are money men at the end of the day, like you say, if Sanchez were forced to stay and see out his last year, how much would they really get out of him? If he is pissed off and sulky? They face the prospect of having an out of sorts player for one more year, who will just **** off for nothing at the end of next season. They are probably thinking they are going to lose him either way, so why lose him and get nothing, when you could lose him and get £50m.

It all hinges on whether Sanchez does actually want to stay in the PL. If he has his heart set on Chelsea, I can see the Arsenal board relenting and letting it happen.
    Arsenal fan tv will be excellent if that happens.

2. What I'd love for Sanchez to do is to make out to the Gooners that he's going to sign a new contract, but get to the point where he can leave for free, and then come to Spurs, and help us win the title.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

What I would like even better is for him to say he wants to go to Spurs, get them to pay for his medical and everything, then once he has passed, change his mind and come to Chelsea.

#Willian

Sign Da Ting and Blueman like this.
  4. The Ginger Marks

Chelsea 2 Spuds 0 <laugh>

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair play PISKIE. Funny how Sky's slant on story.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...-opens-up-about-future-and-fuels-chelsea-talk

Their version is: "I am happy in London and hope to finish my contract there.
    "I'd like to stay in the city but with a team that is winning things, that has a winning mentality."

The Guardian
    “I’m happy in London and I want to finish my contract. That’s what I want. I like to stay in one place, one city, where the team fights for titles.”

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

That is something to look forward to.

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is confident Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil want to stay at the club but says his own future is "not sorted completely".
    Contract talks with Ozil, 28, and Sanchez are on hold until the summer.
    Sanchez, 28, has been quoted stating he wants to stay in London at a club with a "winning mentality", prompting speculation of a move to Chelsea.
    "I personally believe both of them want to stay and I hope the club will find an agreement with them," said Wenger.
    Both players are under contract until June 2018 but speculation over their futures has been widespread during the current campaign.
    The Arsenal manager, 67, stressed the situation was "not an immediate concern" and that there was no need to sell key players, unlike in past seasons when the club did so based on their financial position.
    Chilean Sanchez was quoted in his homeland saying: "I'm happy in London [home of both Arsenal and current Premier League leaders Chelsea] and I want to finish my contract. I like to stay in one place, one city, where the team fights for titles."
    Wenger emphasised he took Sanchez's words in "a very positive way".
    "Alexis said he wants to win the championship, that's what everybody wants," added Wenger.

8. Wenger should have added: "Unfortunately for Arsenal, this is not something I can do."

Lovearsenalcock and Dier Hard like this.
  9. The Ginger Marks

When a bionic arm gets put in Hoddle is a Gimp mode. <laugh>

Big Ern, Sign Da Ting and PINKIE like this.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Neither has any Spurs player or manager for 54 years. Wenger has 3 times though.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

He is moving to Huddersfield?

Sign Da Ting and luvgonzo like this.
  12. Yes, he did, Pix, earlier in his career at Arsenal, when Sanchez was still in nappies.

13. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That's a revealing insight to your home life that you think grown men still wear nappies.

14. The Ginger Marks

Id like to say I'm amazed at this revelation but I can't <laugh>

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sitting in the Rover 25 in his nappy, trying to finger his wife's dildo.

It's no wonder he's invented a fake life for himself on here.

16. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I'm was tempted to unblock him to read what he's written.

Then I decided it would be 10 minutes of my life wasted.

As to Sanchez, it actually sounds to me more of a message to Arsenal, "get some quality in so we can challenge, or I'm off" rather than a "come and get me" plea to Chelsea.
    It would be funny if he went to the spuds, Hiag would be so over-excited he'd probably **** himself female.

17. Yeah, like you've blocked me.
    <laugh>

18. The Ginger Marks

It's a growing trend Gimpy #dullasditchwater

19. Raoul hasn't blocked me, Mr Marks.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.