1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sale is off! - or maybe not!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by minuteman, Sep 8, 2016.

1. SimonGraysJacket

SimonGraysJacket Well-Known Member

Of course the first visit to Wembley and that goal was special.
    Then the harsh reality for a club of our size is you are going to get outplayed and often battered every week, and 17th place is seen as a great season. (financially it is, after 9 months it takes it toll on your enthusiasm)

Intereurope and BrisbaneTiger like this.
  2. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Maybe the first ten years for me. The toilets were ****ing unimaginably appalling though...

ImperialTiger likes this.
  3. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I dont mind that reality . It should create a togetherness and siege mentality. Sadly i don think the stadium helps at all in trying to create an atmosphere, or much enjoyment, all seater etc.

4. swftiger

swftiger Well-Known Member

At BP they were fine for the first game of the season with smellies in the runnel. Downhill thereafter and black paint pealing off the pee wall.:cry:

Kempton likes this.
  5. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Quality <laugh>

What a ****ing idiot.

Kempton likes this.
  6. Kempton

You held it for hours to avoid that stench. But sometimes you just need to go...
    Often in the dark.

Someone even pissed on me, clearly on purpose. I couldn't see, it was so dark but there were howls of derision(bet it was Chazz).

Those years were good, but they weren't that ****ing good.

Nostalgia plays it's part.

swftiger likes this.
  7. swftiger

swftiger Well-Known Member

Couldn't avoid one last pee as I was travelling back to Essex. Recall it got so bad that you had to hold your breath and rush in and hope there was a spare place or else it was out and fill your lungs again.

Kempton likes this.
  8. Kempton

It was somehow more enjoyable.

swftiger likes this.
  9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Yeah I think he's great me. That's why I always say how much I like him.

10. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Actually, thinking about it, I mighta been a bit tired after 2 days away down south, and I confused him with Pearson. I tend to put them both in the same basket of ****ery tbh.

Just for clarification, you agree Duffen would not be good for us and should stay the **** away from our club?

11. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Well obviously he's better than slimy Ehab but if it's a choice between him and pretty much anyone else, of course he should stay away.

Kempton likes this.
  12. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

When i was a teenager getting up on a Saturday morning had a buzz about it when i was gonna City.
    That seems to diminish the older you get when other things get in the way.
    Thats why getting in the school kids us essential.

philhul, Herbert Atkin and Kempton like this.
  13. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I've spent too many afternoons at Hartlepool, Rotherham, Lincoln, Carlisle to get overly nostalgic about it.
    Some fun days out, but decades of playing these minnows has ruined the sports fans of this city.
    Some craved glory so ****ed off to support a club from another city, some hankered after the lower league comfort but a large majority just gave up the ghost completely.
    We had about 30 years or more of this, enough to lose two generations of fans, never to recover them (or their kids) back into supporting their local team.
    In addition to that, football in the last 10 years has become omnipresent, it's never been so easy to see top class games every night of the week on tv, where you can admire fantastic players, without the pain of losing, the frustration of seeing your team underperform, the hassle of getting tickets, taking time off work. It's so easy and painless to be a 'general footy fan'.
    As you can see from some of the ones who post on here, they are sucked into the SKY/BT mindset....full of 'assists' and stats, and this draws many of em away from supporting one team through thick and thin.
    Supporting your local club is a dying art...to be usurped by being a 'footy consumer', buying the packaged product and having the subtle surreptitious brainwashing that comes with it.

We now have people on here who know us as 'Hull', ffs.
    If that's not a damning indictment, I don't know what is.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  14. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Jesus christ im finding myself in 100% agreement with you ( I must lay down) on this post.
    Im affraid its a kind of snobbery in football terms people thinking they know more than you because they support what id describe as a Franchise Brand Club.
    Ive even been patronised by friends that support Manchester Utd and Liverpool when we got to FA Cup final saying enjoy your little day out.