1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread +++++Saints v West Brom 31st December 2016 3:00pm+++++

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by thereisonlyoneno7, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

As long as it sustainable growth then the fans will be more than happy. I just don't want to see us at a standstill and not have the ambition to continue our amazing journey of the past 7 years.

Ian Thumwood likes this.
  2. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

I don't think you will be disappointed if you are patient. The rate of growth these last seven years has been truly breathtaking. In my view, a greater achievement than Leicester's one off campaign last year. So the progress is going to be more subtle now inevitably. But I'm confident the trend will continue upward.

3. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Unfortunately patience is something many football fans seem to lack!

But I do agree that it isn't going to happen over night. We won't improve our league position every single year as it's just not possible with our current resources. But if we continue to spend and sell wisely then we can continue to grow.

My main concern is that we have grown a lot as a club and therefore should be able to hold onto players a bit longer. Everton can keep Lukaku yet if he was with us he'd be long gone. I want us to reach a stage where it isn't a forgone conclusion that we will sell anybody to the big teams. If we carry on with that forever then we will never get to be considered a "big" club. I get that it's a slow transition, I just hope the board want that too.

Ian Thumwood likes this.
  4. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, back at the game, was anyone else as dispirited as me concerning the fact that WBA started shamelessly timewasting at the first minute and the ref did nothing at all about it? If he'd shown someone a card after the first ten minutes it would have stopped. Every Pulis team ever has done it and the refs must know.

Note before anyone claims otherwise that I'm just as merciless when we do it.

Vin

5. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I am sure I heard the Albion fans singing "We touched the ball, we touched the ball, we are West Bromwich and we touched the ball" after we had a period of possession.