1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread +++++Saints v West Brom 31st December 2016 3:00pm+++++

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by thereisonlyoneno7, Dec 29, 2016.

1. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Jeez. I've read some **** on here tonight. We have a right bunch of primadonna fans.

Shame.

ImpSaint and ChilcoSaint like this.
  2. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

It's 2017 We're all postMadonna these days.

shoot_spiderman likes this.
  3. Libby

Libby 9-0

Care to name them mate?

I've criticised tonight (in a reasonable way imo) and do think that some people have gone way overboard.

But I think if you're having a go at people and calling them 'primadonna' etc. then you should at least name them and give them a chance to defend themselves (imho).

Not trying to start an argument with you flt... I've met you and have a lot of respect for you fella... it's just how I see it, I'm sure you understand <ok>

P.s. happy new year to you n your family <cheers>

4. Romsey_Saint

Romsey_Saint Well-Known Member

I think some on here need to take a step backwards with some of the comments made on others posts. We are all dedicated Saints fans and, as such, will have different opinions at times - particularly when we have poor results. Nevertheless, courtesy and respect cost you nothing.

Happy New Year to you all - let us treat each of us with respect and hope that the club (management, staff and players) can give us a successful season.

Velcro Roy and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  5. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

The performance and manner in which we lost was ****ing awful. We're quite entitled to complain and be disappointed, doesn't make us primadonna's. I wasn't that bothered by the spurs defeat, they outplayed us. That was drek and we should be allowed to moan without being chastised.

Velcro Roy likes this.
  6. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

To be fair, FLT makes effectively the same comment after every loss, so there isn't anything particular to the comments people made following this one. It's just his thing.

7. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Another New Year, another meltdown!

At New Year I have reflected on the years of desperation, depression and heart-felt yearning for something better. But I've decided to keep supporting my ****e football team.

Been here before and we'll be here again. For younger readers, welcome to the magical world of supporting a team that isn't one of the constantly successful. But there's a great life lesson. Enjoy the good times when they come because **** times are often round the corner.

Oh and please. No more calls for Puel's head. Conte is not waiting to take over just as Ronaldo hasn't turned down the Chinese offer because he's eyeing a move to SMS.

Were we crap yesterday? Well, we weren't great. But that's what you get for supporting Saints. Everton next up, and we'll probably get tonked - we usually do.

At the moment, the thought of playing Liverpool in 10 days time fills me with dread, but the train is booked and ticket secured and I will travel with the blind optimism of a football fan. It's what we do, and if you don't like it then start supporting Andy Murray or a football team that wins.

Happy New Year to all.

8. Velcro Roy

Velcro Roy Well-Known Member

Happy new year to all Saints fans everywhere.

Funny ain't it I thought we did ok yesterday up until we scored,Lambo is correct it has always been so.
    I certainly don't want Claude out but can't agree with those that feel this current way of playing is not his fault,hey we're all different and just as well.

letissier86 likes this.
  9. Missing Lambo

What you think this "let's-kick-the-ball-about-but-not-look-like-scoring" is planned?

Jeez. Now I'm worried.

Velcro Roy likes this.
  10. Velcro Roy

I agree in general,it's how we do it that counts.(according to my missus anyway)
    <laugh><laugh>.

11. Velcro Roy

<laugh><laugh>

Best of luck for that train journey home by the way.

12. Missing Lambo

That could be the highlight of the trip. I am often in the company of rat-arsed scousers. Great people.

13. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

And I'll be sure to come on here to admit I was wrong,but if you're honest with yourself you'll know I won't need to

14. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

Sir Les paid the dressing room a visit at full-time. Wonder what occured? Didn't look impressed!

15. Velcro Roy

Maybe he wanted to apologise?:bandit:

16. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

Simple. He told them which players he was planning on selling. He also told them that the catering was closing at Staplewood as he had been able to sell all off the fittings to a new restaurant about to open in the Watermark. He also told them that jokes about him selling has granny were in bad taste as he had already sold her twice over about three years ago and that he also had a buyer lined up for her ashes but they would have to wait a while yet.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    Missing Lambo likes this.
  17. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

I think that plenty of frustration on here comes from the way some people see the club running whether you agree or not some have differing views but that's life!
    Selling Mane selling Pelle,hoping others will step up and score/create goals is more Disney than reality,selling Clyne,selling Lallana,selling Schneiderlin,it's all borne in frustration,the fans see players go for vast sums of money with no real improvement to the team,sorry if some disagree but that's how some will see it.
    VVD will go when Saints get a big enough offer,others will go when the right offer comes in,Saints no matter how many times they say they want to be here at this time or this time,facts remain Saints are a selling club and will always will be.
    Players get frustrated by the way the club structures its policies,i.e. Cracking players out inferior players in,if a player sees no commitment from higher up the chain then once he sees no future at the club he's off,so for me the frustrations come from that.
    Others here will feel completely different and feel the club is perfectly placed but that doesn't mean others are wrong,they pay their money week in week out to watch their team so entitled to an opinion.
    Happy New Year to all may it be a healthy and safe one.

18. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's another reason why I see Virgil leaving this summer. Not just because he can get higher wages, CL football and better trophy prospects with other clubs, but also because why would he want to continue playing with some of the guys around him. If I'm him, I am absolutely thinking "Davis, Martina, Long etc? Er, no thanks. I'll take Kante, Costa and Hazard please, or go and follow Lallana and Mane who you've already sold to the clear benefit of their careers". I think HR made a similar point yesterday.

19. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

My disappointment gets less after each game....like being inoculated against pain. My dummy is now on a piece of elastic so I can retrieve it easily. I shall enjoy any victories that come our way, but have basically given up on this season. A couple of 'stupid idiots' shouted at the telly and I've moved on, so you don't even get the relief of a days silence from me after a loss. :)

20. oldstocktonsaint

oldstocktonsaint Well-Known Member

I don't even like Madonna. Oh wrong glasses, sorry.