1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints in takeover talks with Chinese group

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by - Doing The Lambert Walk, Nov 2, 2016.

1. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

And it's not just about Katharina herself, but her father's legacy regarding how the club should be run and the importance of the Academy and so on. Her relinquishing control of Saints would put all that in some measure of doubt.

2. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

I don't think it's quite that she knows what she's doing. It's more that she accepts she doesn't know what she's doing and allows people who do know what they're doing to get on with doing their jobs.

Archers Road likes this.
  3. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

In other words, she knows what she's doing? <whistle>

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Katarina understands running a business and she hires people to do the bit she doesn't understand. The trouble can be with owners who interfere in the footballing side. I found it interesting that KL divested herself of companies that belonged to her father....perhaps they weren't likely to be successful without Markus alive to give them attention and money. She sought to simplify her portfolio, bearing in mind that her interests were likely to be different from her late father's. Saints was a bit different as it had apparently filled Markus's every waking thought and his dream was quite a way from being achieved.

5. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

To some extent but it's really a slightly different thing. Daniel Levy is an example of a (part) club owner who knows what he's doing and is able to run a football club. Ellis Short appears to be an example of a club owner who doesn't know what he's doing and can't run a football club but won't accept it. Katharina is an example of a club owner who accepts they don't know how to run a football club so employs other people to do it (while she looks to sell it).

6. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

My point is, that in selecting the excellent people she has put in place to run her football club she has demonstrated she knows her own limitations when it comes to running a football club, but a great ability in recruitment, selection, and delegation. So we actually agree!

7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Because of what I said. Kat is actively wanting to sell, which means she wants to sell. It's not like she is turning away bids for us. You can keep wanting her not to sell, but Kat is actively looking to. Which means she thinks we need to move on to the next level with investment.

I like Kat think she has been great and will thank her when/if she leaves. But I support Southampton the club, not the owner or players.

The problem is some people worry too much. Kat wouldn't sell us to just any one and has said this herself. I am looking forward to see who buys us.

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  8. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

Yeah we basically do.

Although I'm probably less of a fan than you. Krueger is probably the only person she's directly brought into the club. Les Reed and Gareth Rogers were here before her and she's made a sensible decision letting them get on with things. I also think it's probably easier not getting involved when you're not someone who wanted to own a football club in the first place (not that that really matters).

9. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

I agree that she will try to sell us to someone that will take us forward.

But I get the impression that you seem to think just because something is likely to happen, people shouldn't want it not too. For example, VVD is probably going to leave but I sure as hell don't want him to!

That is my interpretation from a few comments you've made anyway, might have got the wrong end of the stick.

10. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

My posts are more at the people hoping beyond hope that Kat doesn't sell. That just leads to people being even more disappointed and down. You just have to look at this forum after some player sells,even though they were told about it months ago.

I get not wanting her to go. I don't get trying not to accepted she wants to at the least not be majority shareholder anymore. It just hits people harder when it happens.

11. SaintKit

SaintKit Well-Known Member

I don't understand the people desperately hoping that she does sell. To my mind there is no guarantee that any new owner will bring success.

If she does sell then good luck to her, and yes I will still support Saints

OddRiverOakWizards likes this.
  12. Puck

Puck Well-Known Member

A club being owned by someone who doesn't really want to own it seems to me to be a situation that isn't going to work well in the long term.

13. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

I haven't got a ****ing clue what Kat thinks, wants or plans to do but I am very impressed that so many people on here think they do.

14. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Or the return on her investment is at a level where it is unlikely to get much higher. We are now an established PL club, our value has never been as high as it is right now so is a perfect time to cash in. I would be looking to sell if I was in charge aswell

15. Bill Hill

Bill Hill Well-Known Member

I want Kat to stay given how well it's gone but if she wants out then so be it and it won't do us any good if it drags on too long.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

16. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

How did you manage to get in to Kats inner sanctum to get the information that she wants to sell?

17. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Have you been in a bunker?

Libby likes this.
  18. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Insider information. ;)

Mind you, there is plenty of open information too. People just need to read it.

19. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Yep, there is plenty of info about. You have to be avoiding it to actually miss it.

20. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Well I must admit I am not ITK on the situation, I see so many mixed messages about who wants what, I prefer to sit back and wait for developments. You give the impression that you have inside information? Or is your your opinion fact based, or from just what you and everyone else has read in the Press? I understand that Kat has been testing the water about what would be the best for the future of the Club, I hope she keeps some kind of interest going in the Club, but if the right deal comes along she would be foolish to ignor it.