1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints are not looking like a prospective promotion side at the moment

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Beddy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

There is no doubt that Saints seem to be playing in fits and starts at the moment.
    If you were in Nigel's shoes..... now.......How would you improve the team and their performances?
    What do you think if anything he is doing wrong?
    What advice would you give him?

2. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

The problem he's got is up front. Lambert and Barny are too one paced, and Guly too hit and miss. We have to play too delebrate through midfield as neither Lambert of Barny can work the channels. Chappers gets past the front two, but other than that Lallana, MS and Hammond like the ball into feet. AOC seems to have been sussed out a bit lately, so we're not firing on all cylinders.

If you look at the first Peterboro goal, the guy chased a ball over the top into the left channel and got on the end of it. Later in the game Lambert got a head start on their back 4, but lacked the pace to get away.Dont get me wrong I like Barny and Lambert, but they force our build up to be too slow.

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

The team just do not seem to be functioning at the moment there seems to be an in-balance. Also the centre mid field seem to be off the pace a bit in that there tackles are late they do not seem so sharp as other teams. I appreciate it could be just me but with the exception of a couple of players there is little passion and dare I say desire. Very frustrated by last nights result although it should be no surprise. The players should be kicking themselves this morning. Something has changed as we are not scoring from so many positions as we once were. Although to be fair Saturdays result contradicts that. Teams seem to have got to know our Achilles heel about going over the top and by passing our midfield and scoring on breakaways. With Guly in the team why on earth is that not happening?