1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sainsburys: ** UPDATED: more delays **

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I have always been concerned that the local councillor who has been touting for protesting emails to be sent directly to the Secretary of State's office would cause confusion for his decision. IMO it was/is essential that as many folk as possible write in to support the decision made by the BCC in respect of a well informed debate supporting the views of the majority of local people. Its another example of the loud and vigorous voices of a well organised small minority attempting to overwhelm the democratic decision which has been made by the quiet majority!

This what he has been touting;

If you would like to add your voice to those requesting this application be
    "called-in", then you can send an email to the National Planning Casework Unit
    and copy it to the Secretary of State (Eric Pickles). The email addresses are
    below:
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

Good Luck with your support, I think it is important for us to RALLY ROUND and write in urgently.

So get your fingers working guys and make sure we put as many votes in for the positive support!!!!!

2. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

this is not good news that secretary of state pickles has called in the supermarket plans. he may well be swayed by the opposition. i do hope all is ok and your stadium and the supermarket get the go ahead.

3. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

Hope for Bristols sake Sainsburys get the go ahead we need more choice for music events

4. Jonesey

Jonesey Well-Known Member

Yes mate - feel in love with the Blue side when we moved here in 1970

5. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

I think you may have misunderstood AJ. The Secretary of State would normally just confirm that the due process of the planning decision is a perfectly normal procedure and simply accept it without a geat deal of investigation. If something is obviously opposed to the state of the normal procedure then he may 'call it in' ie block the application subject to further review.
    IMO in this case if he has been inundated with objections from a well organised opposition group scam he may, and probably does, feel his office should look into the application more thoroughly before signing it off.
    So there's probably a few conversations travelling down the lines between Bristol and Whitehall.