1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sack or stay vote

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Jan 14, 2017.

?

Do you want LJ to stay or go

Poll closed Jan 21, 2017.
  1. Sack

63.6%
  2. Stay

36.4%
  1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

I reckon unless a announcement is made tomorrow they are going to carry on with LJ.

The problem being the next two games are away from the gate,lose these two against Fleetwood and Forest he will and cannot be allowed to manage against Sheffield weds.

The crowd would be against him a soon as the first goal is scored against us.

I don't want too see him hounded out of the gate by the crowd,but sadly that is going to happen, if he will be in charge and that is three more losses on the trot,the worst in BCFC history.

2. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

If he rescued us from certain relegation when we are in an almost identical position now as we were when he took over, doesn't that mean we are certain for relegation now? Therefore logic dictates you think he needs to go surely?

3. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

Don't think our negativity is helping on the pitch. We need to get behind the team and not get on their backs. Including moronic booing at the end of games where we have dominated.

The team needs confidence badly

Would a change in manager do this ? Who knows....

Due to the fact small margins are in it and we are still competitive in play I'd say stick out til February and reassess then

4. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Rotherham will be the key game if he is given that long. I agree, either he will go tomorrow or they are keeping him

5. Red Robin

Read Red Hubs posts he has lost the dressing room,no going back.he has to go,and go now.

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Anybody think if this is true some of the players concerned ought to be going, surely loyalty to the club is paramount...

7. ibodyslamrhinos

We'll get a rejuvenated Forest next week so I think that will be a draw at best. Then Villa and Sheffield Wednesday in the league before Rotherham. So that's 3 games we are likely to get 1 maybe 2 points from at best. That's a total of possibly 5 or 6 points in 15 league games. If that is the case and LJ is in charge for Rotherham, I'll give my season ticket back.

Red Robin likes this.
  8. Red Robin

I think it is too late for that wiz.
    His team selections,subs,formations are all bambozaling and that has got too the experienced players.

9. Mind the gap!

I believe it requires a few players like smith, Wilbs and Flint to gee up the dressing room and lift spirits, especially amongst the younger players. Previous performances don't indicate a lost dressing room. We haven't been deliberately making costly mistakes.

10. Red Robin

Err costly mistakes Reading, and Cardiff, spring to mind on major mistakes made.
    Costing wins.

11. ibodyslamrhinos

That doesn't exist in football anymore, loyalty is a thing of a by gone era. I can't think of more than one case of loyalty from a football player in the modern day game.

Only way you can have a player give his absolute everything is make football performance based pay. Which I'd love to see. Would stop players picking up unwarranted wages and conning hard working fans out of their cash.

Red Robin likes this.
  12. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Oh by gone era, **** the City then I'm off up to the minimal....( I'll die first)

13. ibodyslamrhinos

Nothing should ever warrant that. Ever. Blue and white quarters? They look utterly ridiculous for starters, they may as well be dressed in Christmas pudding hats with big pictures of Susan Boyle on the back of the shirt. Plus you don't know any of the names of their players.

14. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Do you know that genuinely made me think do I and I really don't, I know they have a striker called Matt ?, a manager called Dopey and the 6th richest owner in the world, more than that I'll get my coat..

15. Mind the gap!

And those mistakes can't be blamed upon losing the dressing room

16. gdknac

gdknac Well-Known Member

Hence my point about Rotherham, if that was and I,like you, think that's a realistic scenario, lose to Rotherham would place his position as untenable

17. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Its all down to SL, his call and probably a face saving exercise.

18. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

I get where you're coming from, but last season, quite often we were getting thrashed and looked like a relegation club........
    This season, or the last 10 games have been dreadful results but games that we should have got points from had it not been for mistakes by individuals and of course sometimes down to LJs tactics.......and I know he's the manager but I would also blame the whole management whom I'm sure must be advising LJ in the team selections etc......
    If he is sacked, I think they should all go too, including JP.

BCFCRob likes this.
  19. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

Hard to argue against this....LJ makes the final calls but there's an army of support staff behind him.

20. ibodyslamrhinos

True, I suppose the one thing you can say is is that under LJ we are at least scoring goals. I agree though, if he goes, they all should.

oneforthebristolcity likes this.