1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sack Ollie

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by TraleeRanger, Dec 28, 2016.

1. TraleeRanger

TraleeRanger Member

It is the only option. 6 defeats in a row is not acceptable and we don't look like getting a win under Ollie.

We should sound out Gary Rowett whilst he is free and before he joins Swansea.

It seems JFH wasn't doing a bad job with limited resources.

2. TheBigDipper

TheBigDipper Well-Known Member

We can't keep lurching from one situation into another. If Ollie left, we'd still have the same players, we'd still have the same DoF and we'd still have the same board. Ollie isn't the perfect manager, but he isn't the only piece in the puzzle, either.

We can see what happens on the pitch. I'd love to know what is going on the rest of the time - who helps, who hinders.

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Or recruit another first team coach. Still shy in that area.

UTRs likes this.
  4. seagullhoop

seagullhoop Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Rowett will have his pick of bigger clubs in time... in addition, hasn't he already turned us down twice?

Canadianhoop likes this.
  5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Agree 100% with the OP. They'd do better going back for Jimmy on bended knees than postponing firing Olly a day longer.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One thing I've noticed about the Hollow one is his knack of deflecting blame from himself if anything goes wrong. I thought his comments yesterday about not being shown respect by supporters was priceless coming from him. This was the man who appologised to Argyle fans who he had kept waiting for several hours at a book signing session when he was flogging his biography whilst Manager here. He did nothing but profess his love of the area leading up to this. Reason he was late with the signing.........because he was signing his new contract at Leicester. The man knows nothing of loyalty or respect himself. Poor old Ollie of the ready quip and one liner who can't do a thing unless he spends loads of money and even then it ends in disaster generally. I have no axe to grind with QPR whatsoever but your Manager is a disgrace. You can do so much better than him.

7. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

Is this the same Ian Holloway that despite spending more money than any manager in our history managed to win just 14 of his 62 games as our manager?
    He stays you go down - simple as that!!

8. TraleeRanger

TraleeRanger Member

There is a change of direction behind the scenes structurally and financially and I genuinely believe that is working so the DOF is not the problem unless he was part of the knee jerk reaction to sack JFH.

I actually think JFH was doing a good job of steadying the ship and wasn't given enough time to see the job through. The owners talk about consolidation and building foundations but they secretly think we should be in the Premier League and they are so desperate to get there they are willing to sacrifice the long term future of the club for short-term gain.

I would be glad to see TF pack his bags.

9. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

It's been just **** being a QPR fan for the last few years :(

Vale_Hoops and rangercol like this.