1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sack Alex Neil and his 4 5 1 roadshow

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, Dec 3, 2016.

?

Are we going to win ?

1. Yes

45.5%
  2. Draw

27.3%
  3. Neil will drop Pritchard again and we will get pumped

27.3%
  1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Too true!
    But similarly, why are the owners and directors seemingly content to see their club lurch from drama to crisis without saying or doing anything to arrest the slide.
    And more crucially, if we should lose to Villa and Huddersfield, which can't be ruled out, how much longer will they be happy to sit in their cosy ivory tower and fiddle...while Rome burns <yikes>

JM Fan likes this.
  2. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

As long as the fans are content with what's happening it will stay the same.

3. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I'm loving it!!

Remember people saying they much prefer the Championship campaign rather than getting battered and outplayed every week!? They will be loving this too!!

4. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

As long as they keep selling 22k season tickets per season it will stay the same.

5. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

I don't think the fans are content, but, they will turn shortly as we did against Hughtons terrible tactics! We are not supporters that make a big fuss as we all love our club no matter what, but the limit is very close to being reached. I can't advocate staying away myself but some will and in numbers that might just shock the board into action.

6. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I'm sure a reporter on twitter mentioned the attendance being down the last home game? Or game before. Said about how that spoke volumes?

7. K E M P

K E M P Well-Known Member

That's the problem though isn't it?

NCFC are ALWAYS too slow to react. Why does it have to get to the point where the fans are voting with their feet?

Anyone can see the way the team just lets games pass them by and play like they don't give a ****. These are professional footballers FFS!

The Bassong interview after the Derby game was frankly absurd. He was like "oh well, we tried sort of but we lost, ho hum" what the ****! Stupid idea to put him in front of a camera anyway.

How we need a Bradley Johnson figure now.

We need a ****ing good clearout of the deadwood, get Maddison back of loan and start actually attacking teams and taking the game to them. With players like Pritchard, Canos, Wes and the Murphy twins we should be taking this league apart! Instead we're playing a slow and stupid 4-5-1 whatever the weather.

ilovedelia likes this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Much as I agree with your sentiments - if not the excessive use of asterisks <ok>, do bear in mind that Pritchard and the Murphy twins all started yesterday's game and were instrumental for us losing the midfield exchanges. All three are / can be explosive when we're in possession and bombing forward, but they're not battlers or tacklers for when the oppo have the ball.
    AN admitted he goofed big time with his selection for Barnsley - hence (uncharacteristic) personnel changes well before the normal 86.5 minute point <doh>
    Much better with Olsson at LB, Brady further forward and Mulumbu adding grit and steel to a weak midfield - but too little, too late :(

9. ilovedelia

Yes you're right, the last home game was a little over 26000. Its been slowly falling for the last few games.

10. ilovedelia

Too bloody right we do, he scored 14/15 goals in one season from midfield as well. What stupid asrelohe sold him........? :emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0183-swear<grr>

11. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

It's a conundrum, isn't it. You would expect an AN coached team to be the hardest working in the league. My question about AN was always his man management - was he too tough and dictatorial? It looks, though, as if he is hard on the outside but too soft-hearted. Two weeks ago he suggested Josh didn't work hard enough in practice. Josh must have worked very hard in practice this past week and was rewarded with a start when Naismith couldn't play. It seems a little too much "nice guy" from Alex. I have no doubt AN is the hardest working person at NCFC, maybe in the entire league, and wants each of his players to succeed, but maybe he is too kind in his approach to encouraging them. I don't want to mislead anyone, I thought yesterday's lineup was spot on when I first saw it. But after the game AN said he didn't want to change from last week, because, if we lost, the supporters would be all over him. IMHO, AN needs to soften on the outside and toughen up on the inside. He also should understand that practice is not the same as a real game situation. Some players practice well; some don't, but bring it on Saturday afternoons. Sorry if this rambled on.

JM Fan and canary-dave like this.
  12. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

My first impression of Saturdays line up was, "bloomin eck thats attacking, this is gonna go one of two ways!" Unfortunitely Barnsley had far more fight and quality than Brentford and it went the way I had feared. The fact is now, what ever he does he is damned if it doesn't result in wins. I guess I'll keep saying it and probably still will into the new year, but I don't believe the board can ignore a defeat on Tuesday, if they don't sack him then, I fear any sort of result on friday will only muddy their minds and leave them clinging on to a manager that very few now believe is up to the job.

Walsh.i.am and JM Fan like this.
  13. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Wasn't that because he was shagging a team mates wife and he had to go?

14. ilovedelia

There was a rumour about that, but he'd only just got married so I doubt its true!