1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ryan Sessegnon

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

i know I mentioned in the January transfer thread that all I wanted was for us to sign our three loan signings permantly. At first I thought this would be unlikely but just recently it has become more plausible, we have a option to buy on Martin, plus Piazon is out of contract at Chelsea this summer and Kalas the most unlikely only has 18 months left and has very recently stated that he feels it's time to find a club to play regularly and expects to leave Chelsea. I now think the only thing making it unlikely is the price tag for all three and our willingness to pay it, I'm thinking £9 mill for Martin, £3 mill Piazon and £5 mill for Kalas!

So my question is would people be willing to sell Ryan Sessegnon this January for £15 million if it was spent on signing Martin, Piazon and Kalas permantly???

3 months ago I was saying I would go mad if we sold another promising youngster but I would honestly consider this if it was possible in a few weeks time, though obviously a sell on clause would be Included as well.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

An emphatic NO!

Despite accepting that we are a selling club I want to see youngsters like Ryan contribute to the Club's success before moving on. Actually, that's not entirely honest - the truth is that the Club's management/development of the youth squad in recent years infuriates me. Sure we got big money for Smalling and Roberts but the opportunity to 'profit' in so many other cases is .. well, almost limitless.

However the scenario you paint Cookie is very, very probable. And most likely will be covered over with PR speak like "we had no choice if we are to comply with FFP". B******s. Hasn't stopped QPR, Leicester, 'Boro et al and now Brighton who've only just announced a loss of nearly £30m.