1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Russell Slade - Return to Sender ?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by User deleted as requested, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

2. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Revolving door? It's permanently open.

Wonder who the next suck.............., uh, manager will be?

3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Trollop for Charlton<doh>

4. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

No thanks, we have got a trollop
    as our CEO

5. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Who next for you Royston? Any speculation?

6. User deleted as requested

A firm favourite - a nobody called Chris O'Loughlin who managed our demented owner's tiny Belgian club St Truiden without any success whatsoever (sacked with a 19% win ratio). This fellas other managerial job was in the Congo. I kid you not.

The Football League needs to wake up quick to what is happening at our club because we really are in the sh1thouse if this mob are allowed to stay for much longer.

Our last home league attendance was less than 6,500 - we got 22,000 in League One barely 4 seasons ago.

7. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

I genuinely feel for you mate. I hope it gets sorted ASAP before you delve even further into Sh*t Street!

8. User deleted as requested

He won't be missed in London SE7 <cheers>

Our crowd turned against him some weeks ago - infuriated by his ugly boring sideways negative football and failure to understand basic words including "passing" and "substitutions". Slade was the only Brit Mug who was mug enough to work for our deluded lunatic owner.

9. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He may be controversial, but I reckon you missed the boat with Holloway.

Whether he could work with the abject lot you've got running the club is another matter, but he'd sort out the playing side of things no problem.

10. User deleted as requested

After 7 managers in 34 months and a relegation, our fans were never going to give Slade time. It soon became very obvious when we traipsed to places like Bury and Gillingham to see us struggle that Slade wasn't up to it. He is a lower league grubber. We can't say the Cardiff fans didn't warn us.

11. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

That's tough RV. Hope you can get out of the soft and smellies soon.

Thankfully it looks like our owner has smelled the coffee and woken up. We are not out of trouble yet but there is a much better atmosphere around the place. Starting to feel like a football club again. We still need wins to take us back up the table and an influx of better players in the January window - even if it means some well liked current players are shown the exit.

12. ninian opinion

It's terrible how some owners of clubs forget the fans are the real stakeholders of the club, and treat them with disdain and no thought or respect or understanding.

Charlton & Coventry immediately spring to mind after their game a few weeks back. BÅ‚ackburn is another.

We've been there Royston, over 2 seasons playing in red and putting up with owners who know nothing about football pick unsuitable manager after manager.

13. User deleted as requested

We are slightly ahead of you in the "Sh1te Owner Stakes", in so much as we have been relegated and lost another 4,000 season ticket holders this summer. Our owner has asset stripped all of our promising young players including Gomez to Liverpool and not spent on the team. Better still, he has not attended a home game at the Valley in over 2 years. Disgraceful - but the pathetic Football League is oblivious.

14. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Hope you get out of the mire, we still have a hole to dig out but we seem to have a bit of sense around the place at the moment.

Swansea are in the brown stuff with their USA owners, always seems that the fans suffer.

I'm up for a bit of banter but as a football family us fans need to stick together.

Owners come and go, just hope for your sake yours goes quickly.

<cheers>

15. ninian opinion

What irks me is these foreign owners buy up a football club seeing it only as an investment commodity to turn into profit.

Football clubs are much more than pure business entities; they have fans and the local community as the lifeblood with a century or more of tradition to uphold.

One of my friends, like me a supporter for too many years, watches Merthyr on the days City are away and is enthused by the blood and guts football, commitment by the players, the old fashioned 4-4-2 with strapping centre backs, nimble wingers and an old school no 9 and watched by a few fans and run by local men largely out of the love of the club, community, players and not least the fans.

That was what the old divisions 1-4 were like until Sky ruined the game for the supporters of the non elite. Sure some come through like Bournemouth and dare I say it our little neighbours, but far more slip and slide towards oblivion.

Sadly it'll get worse.

BluefromBridgend likes this.