1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rushden & Diamonds.

Discussion in 'Non-League' started by Chris., Jun 11, 2011.

1. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

Rushden and Diamonds have been expelled from the conference for financial issues. This means that Southport, who were relegated on the final day, are now staying up. It also means that Thurrock are going to stay in the Blue Square Bet South and Bishop's Stortford will move to Blue Square Bet North.

Full link here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13738222.stm

Thoughts?

2. loyalgull

loyalgull Member

very very sad for all connected to rushden,wow what a turn around,at one time they were a money bags club,run by the dr martens millionaire,in the league and flying,so where has it gone wrong,gutted for them.Then there is southport,really pleased for them,i reckon the pubs full of celebrating southport fans tonight,no blame can be atteached to southport,they didnt make the rules,good luck to them.I reckon the football league should be more ruthless as well,too many clubs not paying there way,it would sort them out for good

3. Snorlax

Snorlax Active Member

RIP Diamonds - best supported local club

4. barnsley_boy

barnsley_boy Member

Always sad when something like this happens and as always it's the fan's you really have to feel for!!!

Went there when they were in League 1 and always said it's a cracking little ground.... new and modern yet was built sensibly and catered for their needs perfectly at that point,whereas clubs like Darlington have gone and built ridiculous stadium's they could never dream of filling.

Very sad to hear.

5. bucks head

bucks head New Member

Very sad event, let's hope they make a quick comeback after sorting out finances.

6. RDFC Will

RDFC Will New Member

Whole situations a complete mess. From what I understand we are not going to survive at all. The winding up hearing was postponed due to some intrest from a Japanese Property group but they will only invest if were in the conference, which obviously ain't going to happen.

What makes the whole thing worse is that Kettering are thinking of nabbing Nene Park. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kettering_town/9513386.stm

If the club going under wasn't bad enough I'm not sure I could stand Kettering having our great little stadium.

7. Chris.

Chris. #bringbackchris

It's not looking too good for your lot. Even if your club goes out of business, you can bounce back. Look at Chester and AFC Wimbledon. They have bounced backed and i'm sure you can. Even if it means you have to re-build again.

Good luck for the future. <ok>

8. RDFC Will

RDFC Will New Member

Cheers buddy. I'm hoping that something will come out of the waterworks to save the club, but i'm really not hopeful.

9. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Ray of light for Rushden fans: phoenix clubs can often fly through the leagues if they keep the bulk of their fanbase(which means unmatched gate profits) look at Chester- waltzing through the dreaded glue leagues; even if they only get 1500-2000, how many clubs at that level can say they have that many?Keep the faith, and ward off the vultures at Northampton