1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CitySlicker2010, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Oh, it might be you I'm looking at then!!

2. ilovedelia

ilovedelia Well-Known Member

Could well be. :emoticon-0119-puke:

3. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Chris Martin anyone?

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

NO thanks. We have Basil with Pritchard in support and all they need is to be given their chance in the starting lineup, with Jerome and Hoolahan on the bench!!!
    I still have problems with the defence though, as there were a couple of occasions late in the first half when we could so easily have been punished.

ilovedelia likes this.
  5. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

No, Cold Play are well over-rated.

ilovedelia likes this.
  6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Coat!!!!

7. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Too hot to wear a coat out here JM, so maybe "singlet" is more appropriate.

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Maybe a doublet and hose! ;)

9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Getting back on track. Some interesting comments from Paddy in today's EDP and he rightly highlights that Brentford had a couple of good opportunities to score- "But it will take more than one clean sheet to soothe that uneasy feeling they remain vulnerable defensively against promotion rivals. Either side of the interval, despite Norwich protecting a merited lead, there was a palpable sense the Bees would be gifted a way back into a one-sided contest. Scott Hogan miscued a free header before rifling a volley over John Ruddy’s bar. City’s commitment to try and trigger forward propulsion with ball-playing centre-backs always runs the risk of a costly turnover in dangerous areas. On this occasion there was no such charitable donation but Norwich’s upward mobility hinges on retaining a miserly pride in protecting Ruddy.
    Neil’s squad can not always expect to sweep aside opponents in such dismissive manner. Yet there is no doubt when they move through the gears there are few finer sights in the Championship. Pritchard was the catalyst. Freed from the restrictions of holding his station wider on the left, the 23-year-old was a potent energy source. This was the perfect canvas, a dominant home side giving him the platform to weave his patterns. The instinctive, cushioned reverse pass into the feet of Brady for Norwich’s third goal was a move of pure quality. There is a vigour and a freshness to the former Tottenham starlet that Neil must harness for the greater good.
    In that regard, he is no different to Hoolahan. There will be afternoons and opponents suited to their unique gifts. But there are also days ahead when it will need the muscle and the industry of Alex Tettey or Youssouf Mulumbu. It is Neil’s job to find the right mix and having key figures such as Howson and Ivo Pinto available again can only improve the odds."

I hope Hoolahan is used only sparingly (if at all!!!) in future, as I feel that AP offers far more going forward and hardly ever lost the ball in dangerous positions.

ilovedelia likes this.
  10. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Some of us knew - and were saying, that before he had even arrived. Yet Neil has persisted with Wessi or Naismith in that important no 10 role - critical if a team will insist on playing with only one, often isolated striker.
    Surely you don'y pay £8m for an influential playmaker and start him out of position...on the the frickin' bench! <yikes> <grr>
    What say you, Donuts?

carrowcanario likes this.

11. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Early in the season young master Wes was keeping him out on merit, that argument hasn't held true for a few weeks and Pritchard shuld have had more chances earlier in the right position even if only from the bench to start with. I would also add that If Wes had had the rest of the team playing better around him against such oposition he would likely have shone too. Not to say I would like wes straight back in, I wanna see what Pritchard can do with a run in the right position, but I'm not so keen to write off Wes, he has been hamstrunk by a team without Howson and Pinto as much as anyone. I'm sure Jerome would have also enjoyed playing with the greater fluidity and quality behind him (Remember it wasn't so long ago that we were saying he was one of the few who were trying and performing - well abit) Nelson should now also get a run but Jerome should not be cast aside without any sympathy because of the crap he had behind him.

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Takes us round full circle, Generalissimo, we have a wealth (too many?) options who'd all prefer the 'free' role behind the striker and not enough giving Ruddy or McGovern the protection they clearly need.

JM Fan likes this.
  13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent post BP and like you, I don't think that Hoolahan or Jerome are past their 'sell by date's, but should be perhaps be used sparingly. If love to see both Pritchard and Basil given a run of games, but knowing AN, I don't think it will happen!!!

14. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Took me a few seconds to figure out who BP was? confusing this name change malarky!

Bah! (Oops)

JM Fan likes this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

16. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Apologies, my bad. I put this on the 'general' thread when it's clearly transfer / rumour related.
    [Sorry, DD - if you're tuned in <ok>]
    But having endured a torrid 6 weeks - last Saturday excepted, how the hell can Paddy Davitt still keep coming out with this absolute tosh <doh>
    "Jacob Murphy’s stunning impact in Norwich City’s Championship promotion push is seeing him touted with Premier League trio Tottenham, Everton and Southampton ahead of next month’s transfer window."
    http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/...f_tottenham_everton_and_southampton_1_4806752

17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

So you're saying Paddy Davitt is talking "absolute tosh" because he doesn't agree with your version of events? Somewhat pretentious, methinks! :)

18. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

"Murphy...was heavily involved in the opening goal". He scored the goal, so yeah, I'd say he was "heavily" involved.

JM Fan likes this.
  19. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

His pass for Pritchard's goal was excellent as well!!!

20. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

So, Jacob M being considered by 3/4 Premier clubs. If AN decides to strengthen (assuming he is still manager) in January then Jacob will be sold to help fund newcomers. We are once again a selling club but don't understand why.

ilovedelia and JM Fan like this.