1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CitySlicker2010, Nov 21, 2016.

1. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Imagine the scene: last day of January about 9:00pm- a bid comes in for Brady of say £10m. AN panics is it enough? If it is then he has to then get his bids in and accepted by midnight? Is this the domino affect? If it isn't then Brady plays left full back for the rest of the season. No new players arrive and so we carry on the same way..............

2. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I always wonder how any club can let such things arise. If you are NCFC surely you say to all of your players and their agents, "you want to leave the club? we require that any club interested meets our valuation by no later than one week before the window closes. If not you will not be leaving" or at the very least that the price goes up by £500k every day during the last week. I think any reasonable person or player could accept that if they have had 24 days of open window and no one has bought them with that clearly stipulated then it is not unreasonable for the club to say sorry lad you're here till the summer. OK he may get the hump if he perceives that we have priced him out of a move, but thats football. Brady will be aware that we cannot let him go without reinforcements on the left, particularly since Olsson left.
    I hope and don't think Neil and the club would panic under those circumstances, £10m and any offers so far have not met our valuation (I presume).
    Unless of course they are non-critical players in which case at midnight Lafferty, Bassong, Turner et al can bugger off!

Bah!

3. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Matty Taylor Bristol Rovers anybody?
    Striker scored loads in League1 and will be cheap £300k is mooted. Also a CB from Barnsley who seem to be selling most of their best players. So will it be a nap hand with a left full back? IF we sell Brady then there could be enough money in the kitty to sack Mr Neil. Other rumours of Josh Murphy, Pritchard et al seem to have died and so far nothing close about Timm Klose.

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

It should be possible to replace Olsson without any further players sold, though it looks more likely that we'll be looking at the likes of Bradford's Meredith now. That could still leave money for others, however, like Matty Taylor and if the Karacan trial works out we could strengthen reasonably without breaking the bank. Good article on Karacan here, including a video:

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/...wich_city_s_midfield_a_timely_boost_1_4860760

5. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Josh has signed a 4 year extension so hopefully he's ours for the foreseeable ......

RiverEndRick likes this.
  6. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I thought the same about Olsson, OCF. I hope Josh does stay with us.

7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think he will be - his twin brother, however.... <yikes>

8. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Yes, I see your point, Cromer

9. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Let's not talk it up!
    There have already been rumours this window, Liverpool, Tottenham, etc...

Canary Spring likes this.
  10. RiverEndRick

A 4 year extension is quite a statement about Josh, compared to the one-year extension Olsson signed. I think both twins are very much part of the club's future.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    oldcanariesfan likes this.

11. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Locking Josh in for another 4 years may just be the best of bit of biz we do in this window. Hope there's an identical contract for his brother!

Edit: just checked when Jacob's contract is due and he's in till 2021 too. Didn't realise. Credit where it's due - nice work AN and board. Now hope we keep them.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
    JM Fan likes this.
  12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

13. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I seem to remember many of us were 'baying' for new contracts for the twins in the summer and I have to say that at least that has now been achieved. Let's hope we're able to hold on to them now and that they continue to play an important part in future years for the club.

RiverEndRick and Walsh.i.am like this.
  14. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Rumoured that Josh is to be loaned to Wolves for the rest of the season <doh>

15. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

As long as we retain Brady and get in a LB then I think its a smart move. The lad isn't getting enough game time here, if he were to be a regular there I think he could catch his brother up.

Bah!

JM Fan likes this.
  16. RiverEndRick

Apparently Lambert is rumoured to have made an enquiry, but I think Josh still has a role as an impact sub and possibly more if we have further injuries. Jacob has had less competition at WR this season than Josh at WL, but there's another reason that the former has pushed ahead, as David Freezer points out in the Pinkun:

"Jacob has moved ahead of Josh in the pecking order however, due to his fuller grasp of the defensive and 
positional parts of being a wide player – to such an extent that he has played more minutes than any other Canaries player in the Championship this season. That is due to the twin who spent time on loan at Swindon, Southend Blackpool, Scunthorpe, Colchester and Coventry coming back looking a tougher and hungrier player."

Josh hasn't developed those defensive qualities that Jacob picked up on his time out on loans and in that sense he's more like Redmond. I'm still not sure about his going to Wolves though.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I can sort of see the logic and Jarvis must be pretty close to returning to the fray.
    Ha, just realised that they play on opposite sides normally. <doh>

18. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

I believe that Jarvis is more at home on the left but can play either side comfortably.

JM Fan likes this.
  19. RiverEndRick

That's true enough, GE, and Jarvis has the 'defensive and 
positional parts of being a wide player' as well as, if not better than Jacob. With him fit, it could be possible for Josh to go to Wolves.

JM Fan likes this.
  20. RiverEndRick

Zeegelaar has just popped up on Newsnow again, with ITV suggesting that we've agreed a 3.5m euro deal with Sporting CP, with 1.5m euros in add ons, and that he is meant to be travelling to Norwich today for discussions. Their source is A BOLA in Portugal, however, and all this seems similar to what they were saying last Saturday, so I hope it's not ITV just rehashing that.

http://www.itv.com/news/anglia/update/2017-01-25/reports-norwich-city-agree-zeegelaar-fee/