1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CitySlicker2010, Nov 21, 2016.

1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Spot on JM! I'd say the same about Brady's sending off as well - a yellow, but not a red, IMO. These decisions have serious consequences.

2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Indeed they do and I hope we one day see red cards and penalties reviewed by a TMO/Video referee, though not sure it will filter down to below the PL.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  3. RiverEndRick

Agree with that as well, JM. Red cards ruin matches, so everything should be done to ensure decisions are properly judged.

4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Currant foam mate m8<cheers>

5. RiverEndRick

What's it got to do with either currants or foam mate? :emoticon-0105-wink:

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Christ, buddy, if you live anywhere near the north sea cost, it certainly had a lot to do with both this time last week during the storm surge and fierce north winds <yikes>

7. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Just like Canos

8. carrowcanario

Pritchard's performance have been no more hot & cold than Hoolahan's or Naismiths or Murphy's.

JM Fan likes this.
  9. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Agreed ! - but of that list, Pritchard is likely to fetch the best price, if the question of a sale ever arose.

carrowcanario likes this.
  10. carrowcanario

CitySlicker post read

Can't really see whats wrong with CS's post. AN's failings are considerable on many levels, there is no need to invent any, not that CS did, CS was only commenting on rumours, which seems reasonable bearing in mind this is a forum. CS is right in highlighting that when a manager buys a players as a good prospect and then sells him 6 months later, having hardly played him, this represents poor judgement in buying the player in the first place. I don't think there's much doubt that Canos is up for sale. Pritchard may or may not be.

ilovedelia and JM Fan like this.

11. carrowcanario

Yep and AN also said that we were better suited to playing PL teams, so I think its fair to say that the gap between what he says and reality is quiet considerable.

K E M P, KIO, JM Fan and 2 others like this.
  12. carrowcanario

Well of course it's not all AN's fault, but he is the manager and the lion's share of the fault is his, yes the player have their part to play, but lets not forget who decides who plays and doesn't. Players regularly play poorly for one manager and then become fantastic for another manager, which suggests to me that even when players are playing badly it can still be the managers fault.

Clearly AN can not be blamed for Oliveira's red card last week, but this is hardly the reason why our performances have been generally poor for the last 12 months, nor the reasons why we went further downhill in November.

KIO and JM Fan like this.
  13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Presumably because the pace of the game and work rate required is not quite so frantic in the PL?
    Poor darlings, why on earth didn't they factor all of that in when they had a very good chance of making it happen - last season? <doh>
    You can't say you dislike the hustle and bustle of the championship and often having to play twice a week, poor dears, when it was your own bloody ineptitude that put you there in the first place <grr>

JM Fan likes this.
  14. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I really can't understand why we are do desperate to offload players before we can even consider bringing someone in!? Have we just come up from league 1?! Were the Premiership years a boring nightmare?

15. carrowcanario

Reply, but surely he'd fetch the best price, because he is the best prospect going forward, in which case shouldn't he be the one to keep and develop.

16. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Er, last I heard we were keeping him, - don´t get too ahead of yourself. :)

17. RiverEndRick

Creative players' form will always vary, especially in the physicality of the Championship which is aimed at frustrating creativity. Pritchard is the natural successor to Wes (who, as you say, is also inconsistent), but unlike Wes he can play and shoot with either foot, which makes him more valuable. Murphy's main weapon is pace, but he needs to improve his crossing (not surprising given he's only 21). Of the 4, Murphy and Naismith are more consistent, given the latter's ability to exploit space and score and Jacob's excellent pace and goalscoring as well, though unfortunately Jacob's goals were mostly early in the season.

My complaint about CS's post is that a false rumour (there has been no approach for Pritchard) is used yet again to slag off AN as if it is going to happen. Until there is something more than a lazy journo rumour which has been denied by both Burnley and ourselves let's stick to what is more likely to happen.

18. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Perfectly valid and fair comment, Rick.
    We all know, or should do by now, that the tabloid press love nothing more than stirring up a hot-bed of angst among fans with ill thought out back pages linking 'x' with 'y' with no substance to it. <ok>
    Devil's advocate, though - if there has been an approach, until he i's are dotted and t's crossed, both clubs are always in firm denial.
    AP is a good player, has bags of potential and is being very sparingly used in a team that is under-performing horrendously. What's not to be interested in, if you're a Premier League team with money in the bank?

19. carrowcanario

I agree that it's not fair to slag off AN on the back of rumours and to be honest even if Pritchard was sold this would not even fit into the top 10 sticks with which to beat AN with.

20. carrowcanario

I agree about Murphy, I just wish we would play to his strengths and get the ball forward much quicker and play it into space for him to run onto. Josh Murphy was making this point to one of his team mates during the Southampton game and was clearly frustrated.

JM Fan and Walsh.i.am like this.