1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by CitySlicker2010, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think it's part of the Olsson to Swansea deal - included in the price.
    I mean, it's obvious, it was in his corner off the pitch the whole time, trust me, it's off <wah>

<laugh>

2. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

3. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Blimey - how many strikers do the Wendies need ? We make do with one on and one on the bench most of the time ..............................

JM Fan likes this.
  4. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Hello Dave - Well, all I´ll say about McNally is, that we, and particularly the board, miss him terribly. Not only for his willingness to correspond and share his thoughts with the fans, but also, at times like this, for his authority and decision-making, where others dilly-dally. You only realise just how much you miss some folk, when they are longer here, McNally was one of them imo.

5. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Ah! That simple all along. Makes you wonder why we couldn't fathom it out for ourselves if it was as cut and dried as that.
    I'd suggest he realised (a bit like Lambert) that under the short-sighted regime that is the boardroom, he'd taken us as far as was viable. He could always have tried locking, or closing his twitter account if he was going to get all flouncy about things - many of which, I agree, were far more vitriolic and personal than they needed to be. Bloody Pink'un forum for you <grr> <ok>

6. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Olsson could have left several times in recent years, but didn't. He's 28 now and nearing the end of his career and has to think of that. I don't believe that AN or the club want Olsson to leave, but it is a balancing act. If he stays another 6 months, he'll be in the last year of his contract and his value will fall accordingly. £5m is a reasonable price and his wages will be on the high side. I like Olsson and I'd like him to stay, but we also need to freshen up the squad. If we can bring in a similar LB for less money (Jovic, for example) then we can strengthen elsewhere. Football is a business and has to be run like one. Brady is a similar situation. Snodgrass, and Redmond were good deals for the club. What I won't do is assume that disaster awaits, so I'll wait to see what happens.

JM Fan and goldeneadie like this.
  7. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Fair comments re: Olsson etc. But the last sentence, quoted above, sounds remarkably optimistic given our largely cack-handed results from the previous 4 or 5 transfer windows <yikes>
    I'll be delighted if this one is more successful and addresses the areas we need to strengthen, rather then luxury players AN would simply like to have. Not holding my breath, mind!

JM Fan likes this.
  8. RiverEndRick

I am generally optimistic until things turn out otherwise, Cromer. :emoticon-0105-wink: Every transfer in or out is always going to be both an opportunity and a threat. RvW turned out to be a disaster, but the Mbokani loan, Klose and Oliveira have been, IMO, successes. Redmond's sale was another, IMO, and allowed us to bring in 5 new players. Not sure who the 'luxury players' are, but I suspect you see Pritchard that way. Like all creative players, he will have his ups (Brentford) and his downs (Barnsley), but at 23 he has considerable potential ahead of him.

9. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

I think between the board and AN we are totally b#ggered! If we were up there in contention for the automatic places, or even at the very least in the playoff spots, Brady, Olsson et al could be kept. The increasingly unlikely prospect of promotion not only means they are more likely to jump ship but makes replacing them with even comparable quality unlikely. In the summer i thought fair play we only lost Redmond as one of the crown jewels (A player capable of performing in the PL, even if thats only occationally in Redmonds case!) But with Brady, Olsson and maybe others leaving, Holt forbid Klose too. We will have well and truly regressed to a championship club, We need to be keeping and adding players who can play in the PL to maintain the yoyo or move upto some PL stability. I think the more we hear and see it looks like we have spurned our golden ticket from Lambert and instead of McNally Wonka we have a Moxey ****a, Delia Gloop, Balls Beauregarde and Tom Veruca. They probably view us all like Vermicious Knids. How dare we question there wisened running of the club, if they didn't want our money they would tell us all to "scram".

Bah!

Resurgam likes this.
  10. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

I very much doubt if McNasty left because of this board, or any others Dave.
    He can play hard ball, we know that from his time with us, so I very much doubt of a few written words (albeit sometimes vitriolic) would make him flounce off.
    Flouncing off is something folks do on internet forums.
    More likely, he saw that he couldn't do anything else, and jumped the good SS Canary before it sank without trace.

Do you know that there was no 'mystery' to his departure?
    Do you know the real reason he left?
    If you do please post a link or something, because if there was an official notice from McNally, I must have missed it - which is very very possible

ncgandy, Walsh.i.am and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

You are all a bunch of mealey mouthed pant wetters.
    So what if we don't have a single left back in the squad or cash in on our best players? .
    We had a go in the Premier league and I for one didn't much care for it a hoot so it's high time some of you so Called "fans" just accept we are not good enough and stop getting ideas above your station.
    Keep buying the £73 shirts renew your season tickets with a smile and clap every decision the board, manager, players and tea lady make until your hands hurt.
    Otbc

12. RiverEndRick

13. General Melchett

i don't think Pritchard was/is seen as a luxury player, though his defense could do with sharpening up. I think his purchase was seen as a luxury we could ill afford given how many players of good quality we had for his position already. If we hadn't already got Naismith, hollahan and Maddison or just one of them, it would have been a bold and potetially inspired purchase. With that riches in that position it looks like folly!
    And I'm far from convinced that Mbokani was any real success, he might have been if Neil had used him more, but he either didn't put it in in training or just wasn't that good, because Jerome kept him out more often than not. And we still got relegated! The same could be said of Klose, he looked good after a few games, getting up to speed, but has he really been that good this season? If we end up selling him for little or no profit or keep him and fail to go up then whilst no disaster, I'm not sure he could be defined as a success? And Oliveira has had a great spell, but it'll take a little longer than 7 games to define if he is a success or not. he needs to keep it going or at the very least score against the binners for that!
    Can't disagree with selling redmond for £11m being a success. Saints are already seeing te good, bad and ugly with him.
    The more pertinant question for me is of those 5 that Redmonds sale helped facilitate would you class their performances and general amount of game time as a successful transfer window/stratergy?

Bah!

14. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Conversation I have been having on twitter this morning with a guy who says:

I pointed out that Brady, Klose and Ja Murphy are our most coveted 'assets', as it looks like
    we need to sell before re-investing, i.e most likely to arouse sufficient interest to attract bids, whether we want that or not.
    He replied with:
    But we ain't going to shift Lafferty, Bassong, Turner etc if they're on prohibitively hugh wages here which no one else can afford to pay. Be great if we could lose those all three, but a bit idealistic, all this talk of moving out 'expensive' deadwood, don't you think? Someone has to want them first!

15. General Melchett

Prick!

Can we pay more for our season tickets this year to show our unwavering support of our wonderful board?

Bah!

Resurgam and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  16. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Are they not still doing that Lg1 loyalty scam where you pay the same price to watch Man U as you would Grimsby? .

17. General Melchett

Well it seems like the auction is beginning for Brady up to £13m from Burnley now. I guess the "up to" is dependant on them staying up which looks reasonably likely with their current position.

Bah!

18. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

No we don't!

We "have to put up with" that.

19. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

The lad from Barnsley was never going to come here.
    Unless he changed his name by deedpoll to Sam Winn-****-all :grin:

20. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Wheeeeey!!!

BOOM! BOOM!