1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rugby World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by kiwiqpr, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Hit The Road

Hit The Road Member

He're's the killer. Having lived in Australia I can tell you that (at least in NSW) it's very much a minority sport. League is the big game, and outside NSW it's Aussie Rules. I'm talking early 90s so things may have changed. I was in a restaurant and David Campese was on the next table. We were with about 20 people - all Aussies - and none knew who he was.

2. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

surely his big head would have told you

3. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;ol9WcVgcc_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=ol9WcVgcc_c[/video]

Dai, watch that video.

Every commentator, Pieenar (Spelling?), Cueto, Ashton, Johnson (ENGLISH PLAYERS AND COACH), all stated that the red card was far to harsh. Pieenar went abolsutely berserk. Now, being a world cup winner, I'm sure he knows a little bit more than you do about rugby.
    When Sam picks him up, at the point where he is dropped, you see Sams arms trying to move down quickly so he could grab him. Sadly, he missed, and unfortunately the player has fallen. Dangerous, yes, but far from intentional.

Rolland has no consistency in his reffing and that decision cost us our place in the final, regardless of kicking. We missed him in the scrum, the lineout and overall. Had he been there, I would confidently say we would have scored at least 3 tries the way the French played.

Also need to add that Hook got the hardest kick over. So, was his (And the rest) confidence etc knocked that much by the red card that this put him off? I'm sure it would have.

The game is over now, we were robbed and nobody will ever persuade me otherwise.

P.s. Anyone see that tackle on Shane today?

Says it all!

4. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Ash, Dai won't understand! The fact is, that this ref has stitched us up, and those of us who can see that the tackle while potentially dangerous, was nothing more than a yellow card, the fact that he had the green light to make it a red, should he wish, by the Rugby's governing body directives, gave him the opportunity to hand the game to France. And if the Rugby World did not want this issue, then they should never have had a French/Irish ref, refereeing this game, it is going to be obvious that people will question the mans integrity, and no one will convince me he could ever be impartial, to have these issues at a World cup, just shows the incompetence of those in charge.
    please log in to view this image

PS: Did someone mention that his career as a Ref might be over after this? Good I bloody hope it is!...............
    please log in to view this image

5. jackdan

jackdan Member

At the end of the day, Rolland was within the law and his interpretation of it to give Sam a red card. He has done it before for similar tackles so you cant argue that he isn't consistent(ly a ****er lol) I'd argue it was a yellow as it appeared reckless more than dangerous but that's just me.

If we need to blame anyone for the two defeats it has to be James Hook. He constantly bitched and moans with the Ospreys and internationally that he should be number 10, he got his chance and he ****ing bottled it worse than Cardiff City in a play off final (I do apologise but I couldn't resist) He was useless against France and that miss today will hopefully mark the last time he ever puts on a number 10 jersey for Wales!!! I joked to the people i was watching the game today with in the stadium when we got the penalty that we shouldn't celebrate too early as he could always miss it. Didnt imagine for a second that he would! Embarrassing!! An embarrassment that is compounded by the fact New Zealand have their bloody scrum half taking the kicks as a THIRD CHOICE KICKER and he still kicks it 20 times better than Hook. But it wasnt just his place kicking that has been awful when he has come on as of late, his tackling, kicking out of hand, running has all been shocking! He will be lucky to get near the 6 Nations starting line up!!

Re: the tackle on Shane today, it looked bad but was a fair challenge, which is weird for Barnes as he almost gets everything wrong lol

6. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

Good god boys.... listen to yourselves!

Congratulations Australia and to my buddy Musty, the best team won today and the 4th best team came 4th!

Us Welsh are terrible losers when things are bad, but when things start going our way we are also hopeless winners. To my Welsh brothers that put themeselves on the line for the nation over the last 2 months CONGRATULATIONS.... YOU DID US ALL PROUD!

I would have taken a quarter final before the start of the tournament, and I suspect most would have also. Concentrate on the positives rather than the negatives and 'our boys did our nation mighty proud!'. Let's concentrate on the future rather than past failures, blame and glories.

The players did us proud. I believe the Welsh fans should not let them down in turn and be thankful for how they as a man performed as representatives of our proud nation..... TRUE ROLE MODELS!

I suspect the Welsh players have already moved on and the fans should also<peacedove>

7. swimaway

swimaway Well-Known Member

PS..... Kiwiqpr congrats on the success of the thread. Glad this was started by a QPR fan as if it had been started by the Welsh I suspect we would have been hounded out of town on the non-welsh boards.

For your unintentional, cross borders/clubs/sport/nation/continent success ...... I salute you!

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

why...thank you swimaway

9. mustyfrog

lets get it to 700+, 31 game streak (bound to finish soon) kiwi will know what team i mean

10. mustyfrog

intentional i do not think but it was a red, if it was you or me on the end of it i would expect the tackler to have received a red, good call ref

11. mustyfrog

ty swim and wd to the welsh (not the fwd pass try tho). was listening on the radio driving back to the depot when the anthems were on, commentators said land of my fathers is the ultimate anthem for a rugby game Cymru am Byth

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

yep good call and justified..<ok> at the end of the day we played good rugby but our kickers left us down, what does this mean i hear you ask?? well it means we are not as good as many think we are the media are at fault at this. We are a better team overall but not good enough to beat any of the top teams. whether it one point or twenty points it will go into the record books as a loss. and that my friends is the simple facts. we were not good enough......what ifs don't wash ...we didn't and that's that. we live to fight again with our kickers in need of massive improvement...roll on the 6 nations....

13. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

Were not as good as people think we are because we missed some kicks? How does that work?

We know points win us games, but so do tries. Because we missed 10 kicks, doesn't make us a worse team than if we got those 10 kicks. We work as a team, we have commitment and thirsty players.

Not good enough to beat any top teams? Lol. We would have beaten SA had the kick that was OVER given. Came very close to beating Australia, lost to France because we were a man down.

14. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Spot on Hit The Road. I was working in Sydney at the time of the QFs, and while this was undoubtedly a big thing it was nowhere near as big as the Rugby League Grand final the weekend before, and absolutely minuscule compares to the Ashes (until they knew they would lose) In terms of oval ball games, if they all got behind one code, no chance any one else.

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Right then..
    Finally after what seems like a very long time,we have made it to the final match..

In my opinion
    England were hopeless
    Ireland surpassed all realistic expectations
    And
    Wales were the revalation of the tournament

Unfortunatly france have made the final against the all blacks
    Does anyone want the french to win
    If they do win i will never say a bad thing on swanseas threads ever again
    Sad as it is to say it..go the all blacks..(they wont talk about anything else for years)
    This game will be finished as a spectacle within 20 minutes

16. hammersmith hoopton

hammersmith hoopton Active Member

Can't disagree with any of that Kiwi,except the posting on Swansea threads bit.I do think the French will put up a better performance in this game than we've witnessed from them so far,but ultimately it will be invain.All Blacks will be worthy champions!

17. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

heres one for you musty

The teacher said, "Let's begin by reviewing some American history. Who said 'Give me Liberty , or give me Death'?"

She saw a sea of blank faces, except for Little Hodiaki a bright foreign exchange student from Japan, who had his hand up: 'Patrick Henry, 1775', he said.

'Very good!'

Who said, 'Government of the People, by the People, for the People, shall not perish from the Earth?'

Again, no response except from Little Hodiaki, 'Abraham Lincoln, 1863'.

'Excellent!', said the teacher continuing, 'let's try one a bit more difficult...'

Who said, 'Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?'

Once again, Hodiaki's was the only hand in the air and he said: 'John F. Kennedy, 1961'.

The teacher snapped at the class, 'Class, you should be ashamed of yourselves, Little Hodiaki isn't from this country and he knows more about our history than you do.'

She heard a loud whisper: 'F . . k the Japs,'

'Who said that? I want to know right now!' she angrily demanded.

Little Hodiaki put his hand up, 'General MacArthur, 1945.'

At that point, a student in the back said, 'I'm gonna puke..'

The teacher glared around and asks, 'All right! Now who said that!?'

Again, Little Hodiaki said, 'George Bush to the Japanese Prime Minister, 1991.'

Now furious, another student yelled, 'Oh yeah? Suck this!'

Little Hodiaki jumped out of his chair waving his hand and shouted to the teacher, 'Bill Clinton, to Monica Lewinsky, 1997!'

Now with almost mob hysteria someone said, 'You little ****. If you say anything else, I'll kill you.'

Little Hodiaki frantically yelled at the top of his voice, "Michael Jackson to the child witness testifying against him, 2004.'

The teacher fainted.

As the class gathered around the teacher on the floor, someone said, 'Oh ****, We're screwed!'

Little Hodiaki said quietly, 'The Australian Rugby team, 2011.'

18. ShanghaiSwan

ShanghaiSwan New Member

Shouldn't this be in the Rugby forum?

19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

you could be right
    be all over soon

20. Scottswan

Scottswan Active Member

Anyone else see the big Maori dude front and centre finishing his Haka with a cut throat gesture followed by pointing to whoever was in front of him? Class!