1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rosberg Retires!!!

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by eddie_squidd, Dec 2, 2016.

1. taeleon

taeleon Well-Known Member

It just strikes me as a bit of a conflict of interest. If I was Lewis, I'd be worried Bottas would be getting favouritism from Toto due to this. Not saying it will happen but it surely has to be on Lewis' mind.

2. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

oh, here we go, getting the excuses in early are we?

3. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

TopClass likes this.
  4. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Hopefully he has moved on from the driver we last saw at McLaren.

I wouldn't say Perez is exciting, he's not known for his ballsy overtakes or anything like that, but he is clearly a quick lad and showed everyone's favourite, The Hulk, the way this year.

5. allsaintchris.

I doubt Hamilton will be that bothered.

Bottas is okay, but I don't think he's going to bother Hamilton all that much on the track.

6. taeleon

:emoticon-0118-yawn:

7. Big Ern

exactly Taleon, you are boring and repetitive, already crying over favouritism and hasn't even joined.

8. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Bottas!!

The much hyped Bottas that got out performed by the retiring Massa on more than a few occasions?
    Yes, he out scored Massa, but Massa didn't have much luck in 2016 and had a few DNFs!
    If they pair Bottas with Hamilton, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't beat him quite convincingly!
    I guess they see Bottas as the cheaper option and one that is quick enough to bag them enough points for the WCC and not quick enough so that they can keep Hamilton happy for the WDC..

Would love to have seen Alonso, Perez or Sainz in a Merc, up against Hamilton next year.
    Was always going to be unlikely getting any of the Ferrari or RB boys out of their contracts!

9. Big Ern

rumour has it that RBR would be willing to let Sainz go, I'd love to see that, though I suspect benson has just regurgitated what I wrote last tuesday

10. JonnyBaws

JonnyBaws Well-Known Member

Can understand that.. Sainz is very good (some would say wasn't doing almost as good a job as Max before his promotion).. but I think, as long as they can keep Danny Ric and Mad Max happy with decent cars, they are unlikely to promote anyone to the top team for a few years!

The Bottas deal is very much Meh!

It's been reject for now, but you can bet that if offered engines at a cheaper rate and if they can get a decent replacement, they'd be happy to flog Bottas to Merc!

11. allsaintchris.

Sainz would be an interesting fit. Not sure what his off track temperament is like, being Spanish and all that, but it sounds a more exciting prospect than Bottas.

Hopefully we're looking at prospective drivers being 'exciting' by more than just their names. Sergio Perez & Carlos Sainz jnr may sound sexier and faster than Bottas, but doesn't necessarily mean they are actually the best bet.

Bottas needs to get out of Williams before he stagnates too much and has 'Hulk' syndrome.

12. taeleon

Sorry but because you see red anytime Lewis is mentioned doesn't mean all of his fans are the polar opposite. I suggest you get your eyes checked, or your ability to read and comprehend basic English because I also said "Not saying it will happen". But I guess that goes against your Lewis rage so you don't want to see it.

You might want to see an anger therapist over that by the way, it must be such a burden to live with such an emotional rage anytime you see anything to do with Lewis Hamilton.

Also who was crying? I merely made a statement in the interest of discussion. You're the one crying foul and saying I'm making excuses for next year lol. You really are pathetic by the way. I've seen your posts over the course of the past two years and you're nothing but spiteful with an unhealthy hate yet obsession with Lewis

13. Big Ern

You're whining about favouritism before he's even joined, no, I can't stand Hamilton, he's a self-obsessed ****er, no doubt fueled by his moronic fan-base who look at everything wearing Hamilton blinkers and then spout utter ****.

14. taeleon

As apposed to you, who has the opposite blinkers on and spouts utter ****? Good job. Way to be objective.

And again. I clearly said (please read!) that I'm not saying Toto would show favoritism. Christ Almighty, trying to have a conversation with you where Lewis Hamilton is involved is like smacking my head against a brick wall several times. You see the words "Lewis" and go into over drive screaming the other person must be up Lewis' ass and love him so much, blah blah blah. It's all you've been doing for the past two years (that I've seen anyhow), and I'm not the first to call you out on it. Plenty of others on this forum this year alone have told you to quit with the obsessive hate.

Also, you're telling me, that if you worked for someone and they brought in someone to the company to work along side you doing the same job as you yet they had a hand and an interest in said other person's career progression and was paid to do so, you wouldn't worry about favouritism? (Incoming big letters to make it clear) AGAIN I'M NOT SAYING TOTO WILL DO IT! CALM DOWN! DON'T HAVE A PANIC ATTACK (psst do I need to get 999 on stand by for an ambulance for you?). You don't have to agree with my point as allsaintschris clearly didn't but he didn't feel the need to begin a war. He replied and stated why and was constructive as a discussion between adults should be. I normally ignore your posts and I guess today I had to bite and feed the troll inside you.

please log in to view this image

15. allsaintchris.

FFS, school holidays don't start until next week.

Calm down boys.

El_Bando likes this.
  16. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

This is more like it. We've been far too reserved of late. :D

taeleon likes this.
  17. taeleon

Sorry. Two years of reading that crap finally decided to surface. I'll just shh now. :emoticon-0127-lipss

18. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

It's a long, boring winter... Don't hold back. :p

19. allsaintchris.

Must not repress anger!!!

SgtBhaji likes this.
  20. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0182-poolpoooohh a discussion on this forum!! let me in! let me in!