1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rooney is a supremely good player

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, Sep 23, 2016.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

This thread needs to stay to demonstrate our love for Wayne. Our Wayne is a lovely bloke, he does lots for charity and his wife designs some really nice clothes. It goes without saying that he is our best player, but in this crazy, crazy world it seems that some disagree.

Here some journos give their views on whether he should be dropped from the side - I mean, how dare they....

ROB DRAPER
    No. I can’t help but think that - despite the current crisis mode - United played quite well in the second half against Manchester City. As such, I would persist with Rooney wide right, in a trio of Marcus Rashford and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with Paul Pogba and Marouane Fellaini as your attacking midfielders and Ander Herrera holding. Given that Martial is hardly sparkling, I’d look at using Ashley Young or Juan Mata from the bench.

JOE BERNSTEIN
    Yes. Wayne Rooney should be finished as a mainline Manchester United player - Sir Alex Ferguson identified that in 2013. He is still good enough to be part of the squad and make a contribution - his run won United the FA Cup in May - but whether his ego allows that is another matter. Ryan Giggs was able to do that at United, Steven Gerrard left Liverpool rather than be a bit-part player.

RIATH AL-SAMARRAI
    Yes. That is not to denigrate the legacy of one of the best English players of several eras, but a simple recognition of the blatantly obvious - he is not what he used to be, to the point he weakens the team when he is in it. Perhaps there will be one last surge in his great career, but there is no sign of it coming any time soon. At the very least, it might do him some good to get out of the firing line for a while. Maybe then he will return with some confidence and make us all look stupid. In the meantime, Mourinho needs to make what seems to be an easy decision.

CRAIG HOPE
    Yes. I always suspected he would play his way out of the team this season and the time has come for Mourinho to justifiably drop him. Rooney’s presence is undermining the progress of club and country and both will be better off without him. He is smothering younger players who, given more freedom, will prosper minus Rooney.

ADAM CRAFTON
    Yes. United have enough options in that position to leave Rooney out of the team. He is no longer indispensable to United and he should not be treated as such. His form simply does not justify selection. Mata as a No 10 or Pogba (in a midfield three) deserve a run in the team.

KIERAN GILL
    Yes. I cannot help feeling that Wayne Rooney has become a square peg in a round hole, and his performance at Northampton was painful. Marcus Rashford comes on as a substitute at 1-1, gets a goal and an assist. For me, I’d rather have him in my team than Rooney at the moment.

JACK GAUGHAN
    Yes. It's time for Rooney to be taken out of the firing line. He struggled through the middle at Northampton Town on Wednesday night, dropping deeper and deeper to get through some 'nice' work without impacting much in an attacking sense. Mourinho wants goals and isn't getting them at the moment.

cytrax likes this.
  2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Cracking thread.

Cytrx will love it, he can come in and squeal 'Rooney is Shyte' in the middle of the night ad infinitum and you can then like his post.

Bravo. You're ****ing tiresome, both of you.

Out of interest, why do you think begin a Journalist qualifies someone as having a more valid opinion regarding football?

I personally couldn't give flying **** what a journalist says but hey, if you need someone telling you what you're watching that's up to you.

<ok>

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Stickied, just for you two.

4. glazerfodder

:emoticon-0150-hands

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I just liked your post too to show you some love. :D

Why do you think where someone lives inherently means they have more valid opinion regarding football?

6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Do I really need to spell it that it's your opinion that United are a franchise that is ****ing irrelevant.

Yes, sitting at home watching the match on TV having never, ever, attended one does indeed give you a right to an opinion.

And I never said you weren't, as you fine well know.

7. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

None of that was sarcasm by the way.

<ok>

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Try this, Chief: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=biggest sports franchise The result might actually p*ss you off more.

Also, your point about visit to match in OT is idiotic! You assume the dumbest things without ever asking the questions.

But hey, when all is said and done, Rooney is still shyte!!!

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Please explain what the actual **** you're on about.

What is 'idiotic'?

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

MAAAN! You are tiresome, bro!

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Answer the question.

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

The only way this thread could be more entertaining is if someone dug up all the "David De Gea is too lightweight to ever be suited to the PL" and "Zlatan is too old to lead the line for Utd" journo comments <ok>

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Sort out the "search" function and I will <grr>

14. glazerfodder

I think I will change the thread title to read supremely good substitute.

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

KFC Chicken Supremely good <ok>

16. ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME

ITS_NOT_JUST_A_GAME Active Member

Don`t know if this thread is total sarcasm or not but these are my honest replies.
    Is Roo the player of a few years ago? Not at all but name me a player his age during the same period that has upped their game.
    Is Roo totally finished? I don`t think so, you are always going to get 100% from him and his experience can go a long way in certain situations.
    xxxxxx can play that position much better. This would be hard for me to totally dispute but WHO? Don`t reply with players who can only do it for half a game or players you guess could.

17. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

Has Rooney improved since Saturday or is he still way off form?

18. glazerfodder

Still crap, but his weave is resting and should be ok for the Europa Paint Trophy Shield thing.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Or players you are proposing to play completely out of position purely to shift Rooney out of the side <ok>

20. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Rooney will get a run in the Europa.

For the premiership, he'll be rested as you cannot expect him to play 2 games in 3 days.

Time waits for no man.