1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ronaldo Fenomeno

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Feb 14, 2011.

1. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

With his apparent retiring right around the corner, I wanted to be the first to post a sad goodbye. I know this is the Liverpool thread but this man made me believe in the legends of Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Di Stefano you name the famous old school footballing legend.

He was a modern day living legend to me and I remember just being in awe of his sheer power and speed. Combine that with his uncanny ability to beat players, find the right shot, and the confidence in his play was just outstanding.

I was in Spain in 99, right after the World Cup and right after he moved to Inter and he was still being talked about, and thus his new name "fenomeno" came about.

I can honestly say that he is, in my personal opinion, the greatest player that I ever had the joy and the pleasure of watching. I have attached a video of him from Footytube of him basically doing people something stupid and it just shows he we fall in love with the game when we get such great gifts as these.

http://www.footytube.com/video/ronaldo-best-solist-ever-51505 <wizard>

2. Roberto

Roberto Member

He's good but I was only growing up when he was making his name and with the lack of sky tv in my house I didn't get the chance to see him in his prime...

Still great player from what I have seen <ok>

Messi is the one of 'my generation' I think...

3. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

A true legend. I hope he stays in the game doing something else

4. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Proof there is an omnipotent being to give such a gift to one so ugly.

Like Rooney. But Rooney got to the sex scandal much earlier and his moments of genius have been far rarer.

5. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

he was 'the one' when i was growing up, his ability to finish was unmatchable add that to the rest of the brazil squad he played in: rivaldo, carlos, cafu, adriano, ronaldinho etc. best football anyone could ever watch

6. James_8

James_8 Member

He said that his body just couldn't do the things he wanted to do in his head anymore. Must be even more frustrating when you were as good as he was in his day.

7. Thanks to Shanks

Cristiano Ronaldo will never be as good as THE Ronaldo was at his peak.