1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Romelu Lukaku

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bodinki, May 13, 2016.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

What do we think?
    Rumour is he wants out of Everton.
    Maybe we should see if we can buy him back?
    Falcao and Remy will be gone in the summer, leaving us with just Costa as an out and out goalscorer, and there are rumours he is also disgruntled and wants out of Chelsea.

Pato is more of a second striker really, so we would need a goal threat. If Costa goes I would put in a bid for Lukaku, he would be guaranteed first team footie if Costa is out of the picture. Plus Lukaku doesn't usually like to elbow, stamp and headbutt people mid-game, which would be a plus.

I know Stones hasn't had a great season, but we also need strengthening at the back, especially if JT turns down his new contract offer.

Cheeky double bid for Stones and Lukaku?
    Or maybe offer them players in a swap? Maybe Bamford?

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

No thanks... lulu misses far too many sitters and is too hot and cold for what it would cost us (probably around 50m). For that price i would prefer someone like Griezman. Would prefer someone like Morata or to be honest i think someone like Bony from City who has been chronically misused. Whoever it is i would trust Conte to get it right.

As for Stones, he's been shocking this half of season and i didnt think much of him last season either. Not sure who to get though but deffo not stones at the prices everton would want.

3. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I would tend to agree re: Stones. Wasn't all that impressed with him, but if JT stayed and took him under his wing, he may be worth a go.
    Lukaku I think would be a good signing, he is still only 23, so not the finished article and is Premier League proven.
    Of the two, I would go for Lukaku and look elsewhere for a defender tbh.
    Morata's goalscoring record is ****e and then some. Lukaku's record pisses all over it.
    Griezmann is more like it, but will he leave Atletico to come to Chelsea at the moment? I doubt it.

4. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lukaku is lot better, But i don't see it happening.

Tony Griezman might be a CL winner. He would have full filled his destiny with Atletico.
    Would like to move on. But he won't join us, if he has a winner's medal and we have no CL.
    He may go to Paris most likely.

I just wish Emenalo & et al don't piss the money on Cavani et al.
    Some young & decent striker is better.

King Ossie64 likes this.
  5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Haven't watched Morata play too often but this kid is quick, has great movement and has a great finish. As for his goalscoring record, it's because most of his "appearances" are like 10 minutes off the bench. Why hes stuck on the bench i'm not too sure (maybe he doesn't get involved enough but he was destroying Bayern in the UCL).

As for Big Rom, he's got a good goalscoring record for sure, but he misses a lot of sitters having seen Everton a few times this season and he goes on these massive bouts of no goals where hes basically Giroud with a bit more speed. Just look at the game against United in the cup where he missed about 4 sitters and 3 very good chances. At that price (i'm talking about 40+) not for me thanks

6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Bobby - I won't read too much into the last few games of Everton. They were literally sleep walking with Roberto leading them.

Also - mind Luckchester UTD spread rumours before kick off that both Ross & Rom will be signed next season by them.
    Ross was absolute toss on that day as well.

7. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

I just want to preface this by saying: pato and remy are goners, i'm done with carrying deadweight in the squad. maybe they are decent guys/players but not for us, not any more.

Now. If lukaku was as good as he is now, playing for someone like Rennes-for example, we'd be going all out to sign him.

he's only 23 and has scored 25 times in 45 appearances for a team that's been in shambles since xmas.

hes strong, quick, and a pretty good finisher who is nowhere near the top of his potential. I honestly think he should be our number one target, it was a risk to lose him when we did, it was a mistake in hindsight, and the 40 mill we splurge on him will DEFINETLEY be a better outlay than the 35 or so we spend on higuain or whoever.

if he wants to come we should move heaven and earth to bring him back.

we only have costa and traore, bring in lukaku and we have 3 very different strikers on the books who can play with (costa and lukaku) or off each other (traore and either), each at different stages of development who can step in a do a great job when called upon.

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Agreed Georgey.
    I understand why some of our fans don't rate him. But Lukaku can only get better, end of.
    That is a frightening prospect.
    We need a younger player. Lukaku may be out of our league especially with no CL.

I just hope we don't do Cavani, Higuain and similar older players.

9. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

unfortunatley, this is the "chelsea way" and why we have been left with the issues we have. Hopefully with the manager that we have, a new way of thinking can be implemented

10. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I do hope as well in next season.
    Looks like JT was given a "new role". Hope this is a new dawn!!

11. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't bother him. Players who cost 40M+ need to be consistent and he isn't, at all. He'll be world class for 10 games but he'll be an absolute donkey for the next 10. I'd rather have somebody a bit more solid all round. Who? I'm not sure. Griezmann ain't coming here though, he's playing for the worlds best team.

As for Stones, he's not worth anywhere near 50M. He's a Defender who doesn't know how to defend. You're telling me we're going to pay 50M for somebody who can pass a ball? We could spend a fraction of that on somebody like Dann or Williams and at least they know how to keep the ball out the net.

12. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I'd have Lukaku back like a shot..... Huge,huge potential with a point to prove.
    For me 40mill would be a bargain.Not sure about Stones.Anyone know how good Christansen is?
    Surely worth bringing back IMO.

13. diegocosta197

diegocosta197 Member

I'm looking forward to seeing Lukaku at the Euros, do you he'll be looking to impress ready for a big money transfer?

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

£40m won't buy you his right bollock

15. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

16. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

With Man Utd and Man City flexing in the market I think you'll struggle this summer, to an extent we haven't seen since Roman's cash.

Same as Liverpoool,although we won't offer as much in wages.

Without European football we'll both be scraping the 2nd barrel of players, and hoping to uncover young gems.

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Aye maybe we will get lucky.
    Leciester did alright last summer :)

Skylarker likes this.
  18. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

You seem to know a lot about bollocks.

19. Stan

Stan Stalker

Even if you do land a big name player without CL or even Europa football, you have to question their priorities. You know, like Di Maria.

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Did you come up with that hilarious retort on your own or did you have assistance?