1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Man Utd sign Romelu Lukaku

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Mar 14, 2017.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Latest is that he might be going to Swansea ...

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I read the transcript too mate. The only thing I picked out was him saying the club could have got certain players and he knew they could but didn't and those same players are playing elsewhere in the PL.

Tobes likes this.
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

<laugh>

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

<rofl>

5. The Ginger Marks

I'm really pleased for Lukaku he's found a club that suits and he's come on well since leaving Chelsea. Would I want him back.....I would honestly have to say no but wish him continued success.

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

He's young and still has a lot of time to improve so I'm sure someone will pay the 60 odd million he'd probably cost - but I hope it's not us.

I just don't see it. He gets goals but I don't think his all round game is quite good enough at the very top yet and 60 million is still a hell of a lot of money.

Looking at the top clubs' strikers as they stand he's not as good as Kane, Costa, Aguero or Ibra for sure. He'd get in a Liverpool and maybe Arsenal, if Sanchez was deployed wide. I think he'd be a step back for us and he certainly wont come and sit on the bench.

If he wants C.L footie though he'll have to move on. Everton will improve in the next couple of years but it's a big ask to get in the top 4 in this country now. The 2 biggest clubs in the country (historically at least) could well miss out this year.

Blueman likes this.
  7. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

IF Costa goes, I can see you and The Goons competing for Griezmann. I personally don't think Chelsea are that interested in Lukaku.

Maybe at a lower price, but at £60mill+, can't see it...

Blueman likes this.
  8. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

Lukaku is worth the 60 million. His goalscoring record is extremely impressive and people seem to forget he is only 23. He guarantees goals and strikers like that are few and far between.

9. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

But that's all there is to his game, it's ok for a team like Everton but the CL teams what more. Old Moany's complaint against him was he couldn't link play. Personally I hope he moves abroad cos the ****er always scores against us.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Lukaku is not worth anywhere his £60m price tag at the moment.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Say what?

You're right though, he'll fetch nearer £75m :)

12. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

He is a proven premiership goal scorer. So, on that basis, he probably is worth the £60 mill.

Problem for him is he wants CL football and which of the top Prem clubs are liable to be interested in paying that for him? I can't see Chelsea being interested personally, although I know one or two of their fans disagree. City? Even if Aguero goes, I can't see him being a Pep type player.

Which leaves Spurs ( highly unlikely) Utd ( can't see it, think they'll be in for Griezmann too). Arsenal ( possible, I suppose. But is he that much better than what you've got?)

13. Saintsfan08

Saintsfan08 Well-Known Member

What would you say he is worth?

Van nistelrooy's game was quite limited but the goals he scored won utd titles.and he scored 30 goals in his first year in La liga. Lukaku can score as many goals as that when he hits his prime I'd say.

If Arsenal could keep sanchez and ozil and add lukaku's goals I think they could well win the league, even with the outdated dinosaur in charge.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I guess he's worth whatever somebody is willing to pay. And I suppose it's a sign of the times really where a player like Lukaku is being touted for £60m+. Yes he's a regular scorer in the PL, but can he cut it at a big club, playing CL football ? He's got it all ahead of him and he is a promising talent, but for £60m I'd want the finished article.

15. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Possibly, we do need somebody who's sole purpose is to bang them in. We have plenty of creative attacking players, and very few pure finishers.

The transfer market is so skewed these days by the massive spenders like Chelsea, City, PSG, Real etc. So £60m is probably what he'd go for. In any 'normal' market I'd value him around the £35m-£40m mark

16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Ive seen Lukaku rop deep to collect the ball or outmuscle players in the last third and tubo his way towards goal...he doesnt just score goals. His presence upfront keeps defenses busy.

Hes well worth the 60 million in todays inflated market where Sterling/Stones cost around 50 mill and Pogba cost 90 mill. PSG will pay the 75 mill

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

£60m looks over the top atm....If he can repeat another season the same or even better then he will increase his value.....It is very risky to splash out anywhere near £60m as he may end up like others have done as a one season wonder.....The real Big teams will want to see more than one season before they pay that amount for sure...

18. Libby

Libby 9-0

Why do so many think he might go to City?

Don't see him as a Pep kind of striker at all....

19. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Sunderland will need a replacement for Defoe at some point. Whilst Lukaku might not get in the side ahead of Defoe, he'd be a worthy understudy.

20. The Ginger Marks

Hmm I think Conte is keener on Morata.