1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rolling Back The Years.

Discussion in 'Burnley' started by Tamerlo, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

A hearty welcome to all you Clarets fans on the site.
    I'm an ex Burnley OAP- now living in the Midlands, and I'm delighted (and surprised) to see Burnley at the top of the Championship.
    Although they've scored 22 goals, it's their defence which has made the big difference. Sean Dyche has really worked wonders there!
    Let's hope they can keep it up and have another crack at the Premier League.

2. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Hiya its great to know that i have a Burnley fan about on here welcome to the Burnley forums mate! Where about in the Midlands you from? UTC!

3. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

Hi, jbclaret83. I live in Nuneaton now, but my two sisters live in Burnley and Padiham. My heart's always been for Burnley FC- ever since my father took me on Turf Moor as a kid in the fifties.
    I'll never forget that championship winning side- and that special magic from Jimmy Mac. What a player! Many Burnley fans may not agree, but their second best player I saw was Colin McDonald. Gordon Banks would never have played for England if Colin hadn't broken his leg.
    I must admit I don't go on football matches anymore, but I still follow all the games and am over the moon that Burnley are having a good run. You might know my nephew, Pete Shirtcliffe, who runs "Burnley Memorabilia" and is a keen supporter.
    That was a great win against QPR last Saturday, and they should have too much for Millwall's poor defence this weekend- unless there's a backlash from the West Ham game.
    good to talk to you, jbclaret, and best wishes.

4. jbclaret83

jbclaret83 Member

Cheers Tamerlo, I Actually watched the QPR game again on Clarets Player, to cheer me up after the West Ham game where ive commented on a another post i felt we were robbed. Id fancy us to tame Millwall tomorrow be a tough game.

All The Best UTC!

J.B :)