1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rolands end game

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Sat In Greenwich, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

what do people think rolands end game is with cafc?

are we a tax write off?

is he just an embarrassment to the football world?

is he giving favourite niece katrien a really expensive toy to play with?

are we the new crewe? - a feeder club to anyone that will pay (half the going rate by the looks of things).

my personal opinion now is that he is deliberately lowering attendances with a view to renovating some of the ground in to flats/housing. He's sold everything else not nailed down and the ground and training ground are the only commodities we have left worth anything.

i'm hoping i've over thought this, but the dirty c*nt has never given me any reason to not think the worst. is the ground protected against things like this?

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

My opinion-

He knows his grisly experiment has failed and he is now screwing Charlton into the dirt out of sheer spite.

The laughable shoestring budget this summer supports this theory.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I think he underestimated the original job, and every subsequent task. He's stubborn and worried about his reputation and probably still dying to figure out his exit strategy.

4. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

I doubt he'd get planning permission to build over the Valley/Sparrows Lane, there are far far cheaper ways to make money. If he wanted to really screw us over he wouldn't bother signing Ajose/Holmes, he could have promoted all the academy forwards and brought in only frees.

For what it's worth I think he's utopian, has no idea what he is doing and is frustrated that nobody understands his genius. His political party failed so now he wants to turn an established sport on it's head by gaining success through a unique new model because he has nothing else to do in life. He is a tinkerer and a manipulator. I don't think Charlton is even about money to him, it's about control and proving everyone else wrong, whatever the cost. What better country to prove this point than in England, the home of football? Eventually, in his mind, he will prove that football clubs can be profitable by doing things "his" way and the rest will follow.

This unique way is mostly based around utilising his assets more effectively and minimising all costs.

In his fantasy, squads would be tiny and heavily based on academy players. The academy, with some investment, would provide a conveyor belt of talent which could be sold on annually after a season or two of senior football. The stadium would be multipurpose as only using it once a week for football is a waste, at St Trudien they have shops built in to the side of the ground and even a hotel. To him this would negate the wastefulness of using such a large space for something as trivial as football. He could have a cinema, bars and maybe even housing built into the ground with him as landlord.

This would create a strong financial base and make the club entirely self-sustainable. From this strong financial base he could prove wrong those that say the only way to the top is through investment and then riding the financial windfall of the parachute payments and TV money.

However, this dream can't be created with the current fanbase, he needs a younger, more vibrant crowd that loves the "EPL", "CR7" and Soccer Saturday and enjoys just going to games. He fails to understand that these people don't care about a team like Charlton and never will, our fanbase is largely families, old farts like you lot and their nasty kids...

He possesses a dangerous combination of arrogance and self-delusion, thank **** he spent his younger years messing about in politics and not killing football clubs, surely he only has a couple of years left at most - when that day comes I'll have many beers.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Can't knock that post. Very well put.

6. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

seems to sum up the Roland blue print exactly

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Our CEO is an abject failure in every imaginable aspect of her job, and yet doesn't feel that her job is under any threat. This shows just how deluded Roland is.

8. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I'm not sure he sees anything more than teething problems as yet. He may regard us as a failing business he is in the process of turning around. Between his megalomania and well documented tight fistedness, he is not remotely the right person to do this, but he may well see otherwise. Katrien is still here. We are still buying cheap. Someone just posted on CL the famous Katrien quote that as CEO she has no one to hide behind. One relegation later and a bit of a retouch on the signings but really, it seems to me Roland expects his plan to work eventually.

9. ForestHillBilly

The question for Roland is whether he is prepared to kill Charlton off. Why would he tell a group off Charlton fans that we only take up 1.5% of his time? I've never known an owner to rubbish his club in this way. His most likely motive could be to send out the message that he is very rich and powerful, and our resistance is futile. As the CEO said, he will do it his way and the Peasants have to accept it. I don't think it's his intention to destroy the club, but his main priority is to stand by the CEO whatever happens, and if the club has to be collateral damage then so be it. We've no idea what pack of lies she tells him, but you can bet your life that her survival tactic is to play the victim (of "vile abuse", "criminal acts", and "extreme abuse"). It's encouraging that her charm offensive doesn't work on L1 CEO's and chairmen, so let's hope that the self-doubt is creeping in. It's possible that if she goes, he goes too.

10. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I have heard a couple of credible people say that Duchatelet only bought Charlton because he is besotted with Meire, & wanted to give her a play thing. It would also explain a hell of a lot.

That shag is costing him around £8m a year.

11. ForestHillBilly

Sue Parkes will be green with jealousy.
    Seriously though, it can't be just a business relationship. If it was she's be gone long ago.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
: roland, hope, dies