1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

[Roker Report] SAFC 2-4 Chelsea

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RokerReport, Feb 2, 2011.

1. RokerReport

RokerReport Member

2. 56Danny

56Danny Member

Good read, as always. Cheers.

Your tweet at HT summed it up well at that point:

3. RokerReport

RokerReport Member

Was only 3 goals out!

4. Pride&Passion

Pride&Passion Member

Must say well done for your time & effort putting the report together always enjoy the read.

Would agree with the summery sill plenty to look forward to this season hopefully we can get the injured back ASAP.

5. RokerReport

RokerReport Member

Thanks for the comments.

When people like yourselves take the time to appreciate what we're doing, it makes the hard work and late nights/early mornings all worth while. We're just fans like everyone else, I don't believe any of us have any journalistic reputation. Certainly I don't anyway! (Perhaps that shows lol)

Anyway, thanks for liking us, and stay tuned for more great content!

6. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Good report thanks, points of dispute, it was a harsh penalty, and overall as well as lashing out for £70m worth of strikers it looked as if Halsey and the linesman (bring back the woman) were being told what to do by the Drog and Terry. The Drog after one yellow deserved another a couple of times but the man in black/blue bottled it. Terry also seems to receive a charmed life as regards yellow.

I thought we matched them in the first half, even after giving a silly second goal away, their wall disappeared and Rico slotted one in.

Second half we were not in it and I cannot recall we had a shot, Anelka bossed the game. Hendo is not s defensive midfielder, although I suppose he was subbing for Catts/Myler but not very well. So Chelski deserved the game overall, but probably one of the worst ref and linesman displays this season.

Where does that leave us? well the bench we had, was very poor and bare, we had nobody to bring on as a game changer, I think SB knew we were second best so he brought Colbeck and Cook on to give them a taste, it was noticeable we did not have a second striker on the bench

7. RokerReport

RokerReport Member

I think it was a pen. It would have been a freekick anywhere else on the pitch. Clumsy challenge from Elmo who should have been the other side of Cole.

Agreed, second half we were out of it. Mainly down to Anelka, who kicked our arse. We also invited them on too much.

Hendo was asked to play a role not natural for him. I think he needs a game off though, very young, played a lot of games.

We lacked a game changer on the bench, but I'm not going to grumble too much. We showed enough to beat lesser teams than the reigning champions.

8. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Smashed second half by the 'real Chelsea.

They'd have smashed ANYONE with that second half showing.

On to Stoke, we'll be fine!

9. RokerReport

RokerReport Member

Yep, like I said, and I think everyone agrees. Best team won, but there were positive signs for us.

10. ET'ree Mackem

ET'ree Mackem New Member

Enjoyed the report as ever Roker!

One thing I would say is that it is great to see that we have the confidence to play really aggressive football against Chelsea (i.e. We do not fear Chelsea) even if it risks 3 points. In fact, it was actually when our aggression started to wheen that Anelka really began to dictate and Chelsea exerted dominance. This self-confidence, -belief if it can be sustained will go a long way!