1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Rogue One - A Star Wars Story

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ellewoods, Nov 26, 2014.

1. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

This is the Star Wars Thread. Disney has decided this will be the never ending story so rather than read through years of posts, skip to the end to talk about the most recent movie.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  2. ellewoods

Blah I have been had. Its fake. Pretty good for a fake though.

No, The Star Wars Episode VII Trailer Did Not Leak
    57 mins agoMatt LyonsMovies, Pop CultureAdd comment MarkHamill
    A convincing fan made trailer for Star Wars Episode VII is making the rounds and fooling a lot of eager Star Wars fans. Posted on YouTube by user Romeo Lux, the creator goes to great length to make it look like a legitimate trailer, but after some digging around and close inspection, it is a clear fake.

Looking at the YouTube comments now, three days after the video was posted, there is a mix of duped Star Wars fans and other fans informing them that it is indeed fake. We ourselves got a couple anonymous tipsters letting us know about the “leak” (which, by the way we are extremely appreciative of!) so we thought it’d be worth a quick and dirty breakdown.

For starters, there is the inclusion of a “J.J. Abrams lens flairs,” which he has cut down in previous years. A nice touch by the creator to make it seem real, but that mixed with sloppy editing with generic fade in/fade out cuts points heavily to a fan made fake.

At around 1:13 there is a short appearance from Chewbacca – which of course is a clip from the original Star Wars trilogy. In general, the quality of the picture in the trailer switches back and forth far too often to be real.

It has already been confirmed that the actual teaser will be 88 seconds long, this trailer was 111.

The most convincing, and in the end most damning, part of the trailer is showing aged Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker. Whoever created the fake teaser did a decent job combining a scene in Episode III where Anakin is looking off into the middle distance with a random Google-able image of current day Mark Hamill from the UK Guardians of the Galaxy premiere back in July, as you can see in the banner image up there.

Eager fans will click just about anything with “Star Wars Episode VII” (which may or may not be why you’re here…), but now more than ever is a good time to keep your wits about you when trying to find the latest news about the film. The actual teaser is right around the corner, and we’re sure it’ll end up on YouTube within a day anyway so just hold onto your butts and enjoy your Thanksgiving – or just another Thursday if you’re not in the US.

And of course, feel free to enjoy a very well done fan made teaser for the film that we all can’t wait for. Nothing wrong with that!

3. Quill

Quill Bastard

It's on Friday.

In the meantime, here's the Jurassic World Teaser...

[video=youtube;RFinNxS5KN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4[/video]

4. ellewoods

My better judgement got away from me. I watched it the first time and thought that some of the scenes were out of the original trilogy and that some looked straight out of a video game. Of course by the end of it I ignored the feelings that it was fake.

5. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Doesn't have the quality of the old Phantom menace trailer, particularly the bit at 43s.

[video=youtube;qb7tVGq19xI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb7tVGq19xI[/video]

6. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

This one's rather more polished...

[video=youtube;OMOVFvcNfvE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE[/video]

7. Quill

Quill Bastard

That trailer alone is better than the prequels.

8. ellewoods

I cant think of to much in the world that isnt better than the prequels.

9. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

What's with that lightsaber?

It looks like the swords Crusaders used to hack down Saracens.

10. ellewoods

2 theories so far from websites that discuss this stuff.

One is that since the sith were all killed and there are no jedi running around anymore either that the technology to make them was lost. A new sith had to come up with the technology and the horizontal part is exhausts of some sort.

The other theory if you played the video games you might like (particularly the old republic games) is that one of the ancient sith has awakened/was awakened from his tomb and that type of lightsaber is one of the early lightsaber designs.

They should just make an old republic movie since the story lines are far more interesting since they paint the jedi in a far more negative light and the sith in a far more positive light making the whole who is really bad a grey thing.

11. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

I have played the Old Republic a bit, and I'm aware of the different lightsaber models/hilts. I think there was a lightsaber whip in one of the games, but I'm not sure.

12. Quill

Quill Bastard

Next year is definitely going to be a good year for the big films.

Star Wars VII
    Avengers Age of Ultron
    Jurassic World
    Terminator Genesis
    James Bond 24

And probably more.

13. ellewoods

Could have been, I dont remember that though. Since the video games are still canon there are things like Darksabers as well so there is plenty of room to have it be an ancient sith design.

Id like it if the desert world shown was Korriban. Would tie in the video games that so many of us have played. Also so it could be an awakened ancient sith, perhaps the Emperor's Wrath from the games. Clearly what I want it to be.

14. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

im in my 40s and though ive always been into science , computers , video games , astronomy the stars - all that stuff . . . i was never able to get into Star Wars.
    It wasnt till last year i sat through the original 3 in their entirety and felt they went on a bit -

15. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I've already seen the new film.

16. Quill

Quill Bastard

At least ****ing try to make your bullshit believable, Hat.

17. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

18. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

The start of the trailer was a bit odd, but on the whole, I'm very keen. It's made it all real and I can't wait!

19. captain caveman

captain caveman Well-Known Member

20. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

isn't the big bad guy dead tho ? - ok i know he went on to be a drummer in Japandroids . . but the main baddy is no more , he is deceased , he is a dead wotnot