1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rodgers wants gradel at Swansea according to sky this morning

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Headline on sky this morning Swansea looking for dradel for a miserable 1.5 million. I'll tell you, if this goes ahead for less than 5 million with all money reinvested in team, were finished. In fact, if hes sold one way or the other, it'll be a relegation battle this year. Like I said before, time we nailed our colours firmly to the mast

2. Spanish white

Spanish white Active Member

Well he can FU@@ off

unless he gives us the following
    Dobie
    Dyer
    Sinclair

i hate it when SKY tout players around....

also under 5m for get it..

3. Best Fans

Best Fans Active Member

"We don't deal in petty cash" - Ken Bates. Hopefully he'll use that line again on Swansea.

4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

we should show that we have ambition beyond screwing the fans by rejecting any offer for Gradel if we sell him then it will show that we really are a selling club with little or no ambition

5. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Swansea fans saying 'he'll be good backup'. I know who out of Gradel, Sinclair and Dyer I'd rather have. I'll renounce my Leeds fan status and go support Harrogate Railway if we sell him for £1.5m anyway, there's no chance it will happen and we're not a selling club.

6. GoodbyeToMyHorse

GoodbyeToMyHorse New Member

Gradel came on immensely last season, his temperament made him a liability at times but he's curbed this and we shouldn't be considering offers for him unless they are silly money.

7. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Thing is Sinclair and Dyer are on top of their game, with 27 goals for Sinclair, if this guy comes it will be for backup and that's it, you can have our £7m rated Pintado as a straight swap ;)

8. Radebeens

Radebeens Member

Didn't SV hamburg bid £2mil for him?

9. Jerel Ifil

Well Pintado certainly looks like he's been tearing the League apart... in Cyprus!

Thing about Gradel is he offers you both goals and defensive commitment. With Sinclair and Dyer it seems Sinclair doesn't muck in with a tackle and Dyer doesn't score many. That's why he's such hot property and why he won't go for less than £5m in my opinion.

10. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

I'd say 18 goals from a player in his first season in the Championship who also gets back to defend is better than 27 from a Chelsea reject who'll jump at the first sign of money, and he's certainly better than Nathan "headless chicken" Dyer.

11. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Simon, Dyer was our player of the season, with a player who has scored 27 goals in the team, what does that tell you? And Sinclair was not a reject of Chelsea, just a young kid with no hope of playing for them because of the people in front of him, the same for Borini, they were both offered contracts there but turned it down to play!

12. MarkoLUFC

MarkoLUFC Well-Known Member

If Gradel goes I'm switching to Huddersfield.

13. MarkoLUFC

<laugh> how many of those goals were from open play, about 4?

14. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Probably about half, but then that doesn't matter because he didn't miss a penalty had assists and won us games your player will be a good bench warmer for us, bargain if we get him for that, and if he is ambitious he'll want to come to a higher and better club ;)

15. MarkoLUFC

No if he has ambition he's better off staying. At Leeds he's playing football week in week out for a top Championship club aiming for promotion, with you he'd be on the bench (or not even that) in a premier league club struggling to survive. How is that a better option? Also £1.5 million isn't even anywhere close to what we'd sell him for. Keep in mind his valuation by Leeds is approximately 3-4 mill, on top of that add the lack of desire to sell and you're looking at spending £5 mill +.

Won't happen I'm afraid.

16. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

You have captain birdseye at the helm of your club, he has no ambition and will sell from under your manager if he smells cash, and we will pay up front not installments until the end of time

17. MarkoLUFC

Have a really good think and a ponder, and do a bit of googling. How many of our star players have we actually sold since we came out of administration? I assure you it's solely Fabian Delph, and look how he turned out. Can't get a game. Bates has already said to clubs they can think twice if they want our best players, so where on earth do you get this idea that he'll sell at the first opportunity come from? Is there any evidence whatsoever that Leeds United are a selling club?

I, of course, mean real evidence. The sale of half the squad after relegation from the Premier League does not count as evidence, due to the extreme financial turmoil the club was in and the necessity of selling players, a necessity which no longer exists.

If that were true about Bates and he'd sell players that Grayson had no wish to sell, we'd have most likely sold a lot more players over the last couple of seasons, and there would be a breakdown of their relationship. If there had been a breakdown of their relationship, we'd know about it. Things like that are hard to cover up and we'd have heard about it over and over.

So really? Are you that certain Swansea City is A) a step up for Gradel and B) a sure thing because "Leeds are a selling club"?

Neither of those are correct. Sorry, Gradel's staying at Elland Road next season.

18. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Well we shall see won't we ? All clubs are a selling club if the right offer comes in, even ours ! But let's face it this is just a rumour from the mirror for god's sake, the same paper who said we'd sell Williams for a £1m , despite turning down more than £2m in January for him!

This is just nothing IMO , now don't go into meltdown because of a fourth rate paper saying it, oh and me winding you up ;)

19. Jerel Ifil

But we can still have Pintado right? <ok>

20. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Of course you can have him , we will even drive him up to yours on a freebie ;)