1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Robertson

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by DanKelly, Sep 27, 2014.

1. DanKelly

DanKelly Well-Known Member

How long can we hang on to this kid for. If he keeps performing the way he is, all the big boys will come after him in the not too distant future

2. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

Been very impressive so far. Still needs to develop but he has the makings of a fine player.

3. tigersgonads

tigersgonads Member

Needs to sort out his positioning and learn to tackle.
    If he sorts that and we shouldn't forget the lads balls have barely dropped, we will have the perfect modern day right back on our books.
    I just hope if he is still doing it cum May, we get him signed up long term.

4. castleparktiger

Only concern jwith the above review is he is a left back.

5. tigersgonads

tigersgonads Member

:grin: I blame the booze :grin:

6. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

The Flying Scotsman.

7. Double_Dragon

Double_Dragon Well-Known Member

Enjoy him while he's here, this kid looks destined for one of the top 4 clubs if he keeps this up.

Fantastic piece of business by Bruce.

8. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

If he he keeps up like he has being we'll be lucky to keep him past January.

9. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Zabaletta didn't knkw what hit him today.

10. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Cant disagree with any of the above. Amazing. It'd be in his best interests to stay here for two years. Whether that happens I dunno. But he'll be on everyones radar.

Man City for one, cos Clichy is ****e.

11. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

He got dicked several times by Rosy and Elmo today. I seem to remember the same happening last season when we played against Man City.

12. castleparktiger

Had alot of joy on the left because Silva doesn't like to defend, but i suppose he's good enough in the other half!!!

13. Party Hull!

Party Hull! Well-Known Member

This lad has got something.

Him and Jelavic were superb today against one of the best sides in the world.

14. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Can't argue.

Top larker is the boy.

15. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

Everton will buy him for £12 million in the 2016 transfer window. I've seen it happen.

16. DanKelly

DanKelly Well-Known Member

Well lets hope all the big teams want him and we have a bidding war for the lad

17. Mrcento

Mrcento Active Member

Dundee United fan here. Be prepared for some gushing praise for Andy here!!

Delighted how Andy is doing for you, you lads got a steal at 3million, but i guess you know that already! (i was one of the United fans calling for us to hold out for 5 million from somebody!) Been keeping an eye on your games to see how he has done and tbh, it's exactly as expected and exactly as he did for us. The lad is an absolute phenomenon. The first time i saw him, i said "he'll be at a top 4-5 epl side in 2 years" and folk laughed, 2 months later pretty much everybody was saying it.

Not sure how much you all know about him, but it's not just his ability that is impressive, it's his rise. 18 months ago he was playing as an amateur in the lowest "pro" league in Scotland, playing every week against postmen and plumbers... and The Rangers, Who could easily have signed him for free at any point and astonishingly saw him play in person against them 4 times and missed him... which says all you need to know about their judgment on players!

To come straight to the SPL as a prospect and immediately look too good was phenomenal, to break into the Scotland team in 9 months of full time football and look too good for that too was incredible. Now he has only 1 year of full time football under his belt and is impressing in the EPL against players on 50-60k upwards per week. His potential is absolutely unreal and his attitude is tremendous to go along with it.

He's not only the best young defender i've seen at United, he's the best young defender i've ever seen all things considered.

I don't mean this in any way disrespectful to Hull City, but he won't be at Hull long. He's every bit as good as Shaw (and then some IMO, attitude is spot on for starters.), if he'd been playing in the Championship or L1 last year, he'd have already been worth 10 million. When he goes, if he continues this level, stays injury free and develops a little more i expect you'll get 15+ easy for him tbh. Having seen the likes of McCarthy (who everton payed 12 million for) when he was young, i can confidently say Robertson is better.

All the best for the season! and when he goes, i hope it is for Shaw money (We have a tasty sell on clause too ;) )

18. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Thanks for that excellent assessment. I was staggered that your management let him go for close to 3 million given his obvious massive talent and enormous potential. The first time I saw his videos I said on here that he reminded me of Gareth Bale. His future like Bales will probably lie in him playing further up the park in a Bale-type role as he obviously is a real goal-scoring threat with his pace, powerful shot, and anticipation. IMO he's already better than Shaw although his defence may still be something of a work in progress. But that's not where his future lies. Right now Bruce could well be thinking of him playing up front and banging in 15+ goals a season with that speed and wicked left foot...not this year but maybe next season when all of the top clubs...here and abroad....will be after him and offering silly money. We should hang on. The sky is the limit for this young man who may in a few years become one of the most sought after players in the world. All the best to you and thanks for Andy.:emoticon-0102-bigsm

19. hullinasia

hullinasia Active Member

Needs to defend better before he will move on, first goal today ball watching and at newcastle last week

20. TigerRoo

TigerRoo Well-Known Member

We have obviously got a great bargain with this young feller and the way he fearlessly took on the greatest defenders in the world to get his crosses (which were also of the finest class) in shows the potential he has. Hangs back and takes every opportunity to go forward with the ball when it arises. We seem a bit lackadaisical in filling in the empty space this leaves but, as I have said before, the team still has some 'bonding' to do yet.