1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Robbie Savage speaks sense...

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by HP Sauce, Mar 18, 2013.

1. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

2. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

red and a ban

Why did Macca not go to the lad and see if he was alright? he knew he did him proper, so much for comradeship between fellow professionals. Any decent human being would have brought attention to a seriously hurt player FFS

3. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Robbie Savage speaks sense...

<laugh><rofl><laugh><rofl><laugh>

You're not catching me out that easily. Anyway, it's two more weeks until April Fool's Day

4. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Savage has spoken. It must be so.

5. Agent Bruce

Agent Bruce Well-Known Member

Not really, just joking.

Dirty ****ing bastard should be banned!

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

When you are clinging onto Savages opinion as one of sense then you know full well you are

imagesCATVARBL.jpg

7. TheJudeanPeoplesFront

TheJudeanPeoplesFront Well-Known Member

I don't agree with most of what he says there. He's essentially patting the boy on the back and saying it's alright because he "wants to win", saying anybody would do it, and claiming it was a 50/50 is ridiculous. Savage's view on tackling is bordering on mentally unhinged... "I know, I'll go in harder so I don't get hurt" <laugh>

Sign him up for the next Physics lesson BBC, Brian Cox could learn a thing or two from this lad! <laugh>

There was no need to go in like he did, even in an attempt to genuinely win the ball, that much we all agree on (accept the mighty Dave Whelan, who I suspect is just trying to take the shine of the repercussions and take most of the heat, although I think he's stoking the flames). I would like to see a longer ban than 3 games, I think it'd be justified to put people off doing similar challenges in future, but if it is a 3 match ban then I'll stomach it and move on. We shouldn't be burned up with vengeance, because it serves only to make us forget the real victim in all this, Haidara. A silly football match isn't nearly as important as his health, and CM being banned for years or broken in two, or injected with cholera, isn't going to make Massi any better. I'm a bit ashamed of some of the stupid things being said about Callum now, over 24 hours after the incident. The heat of the moment is over, it's a bit upsetting some people are so moronic as to need to vent such vitriol at a twitter page.

His previous doesn't really matter for me, it's two years ago, he should have learned from it, and this was undoubtedly a very different challenge. What I would say is that he didn't show the hallmarks of a man and apologise at the time, and that is both singularly disturbing and more indicative of the lad's character than dragging up match reports from X many years ago. Hopefully, CM is deterred from making such a challenge again and Haidara makes a full and quick recovery, that's the best that can happen from this situation.

I'd advise my fellow Toon fans to post no more about the tackle. It's been discussed pretty fully, the feelings won't change and we won't achieve anything, so let's drop it and hope everything works out for the best now.

8. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

You're just embarrassing yourself now....just like that senile old bastard of an owner you've got!

The player has done it before, and he'll most likely do it again ! If that had been joey Barton in our colours doing that to one of your players you'd be feeling the exact same way. People seem to think that cos it's his first premier league start that we should be going easy on him and giving him the benefit of the doubt...**** THAT! Did he check on Haidara to see if he was ok whilst he was on the deck at any point, did he go over to him when he was getting stretchered off? Did he ****. He played on as if nothing had happened and just stood watching whilst he was being treated on the pitch. Disgusting behaviour, absolutely appalling.

He clearly knew what he was doing, of course he went for the ball....why else was he there...that's just a ****ing stupid statement. He didn't just lift his boot up, his leg was practically straight...and to do that when you can see a fellow professional directly in front of you is just mindless thuggery in my book. Yeah haidara could have maybe jumped out of it, but you don't expect someone's gonna come in and practically snap your leg in two so he's got no reason to pull out or move out of the way.

Jog on you muppet.