1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jan 2, 2012.

1. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

They won the league in the 2 individual seasons -I was talking about consistency across the 2 seasons

2. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes, it's clear that Cheleicesea City were the best team over the course of those league campaigns.

3. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Chelsea's performance in the final yesterday might be a cause of concern there though.

4. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

The big flaw in Diego's argument is the fact that fans stick with their club regardless of their 'success' . They complain if nothing is won but they do not go and 'support' another team. Most of us stick with our chosen team for life regardless. Success therefore is a relative thing depending on your past history and your present position. Sutton had a fantastic season by their own standards the fact that they played Arsenal was success in itself victory was not expected and was not mourned.

This season Spurs were better than everybody else apart from Chelsea who achieved more because of players like Alonso, Luiz and Costa using and getting away with cynical 'professional' tactics which the PL turned a blind eye to because it suits their money led agenda. In pure football terms Spurs were best and Liverpool second.

5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

You said you "could not give a stuff about the arsenal season 2005-06".
    As it was your last season at highbury (as well as the only season you made the CL final) I find that sad.
    Your answer is nothing to do with my point mate. I will always remember our last season at WHL. I have been seeing it on tv since I was 7 yrs old, have been going since I was a 14 yr old, took my eldest since 2004 and my youngest since 2006.
    I get your point as I get HBIC point but the 2005-06 season is surely a very important and therefore memorable season to arsenal fans.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
    humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  6. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

What's embarrassing is seeing how desperate you are to try and gain some crumb of comfort from a season where you failed to qualify for the Champions league, finished below your "local" rivals in the table, saw a widespread campaign from your fans to have your manager sacked not just in stadiums but on social media, and have your club reduced to a laughing stock by a Youtube channel - yet having the sheer audacity to say your season will be remembered when anyone with an ounce of grey matter will say it was a appalling season from your lot that nobody will be talking about come pre-season training.

What's embarrassing is you using an easily-debunked argument, and when it was debunked in just thirteen characters (those thirteen characters being "1974 Dutch team") you try and double down on the embarrassment by trying to claim I made an argument that I clearly did not make, as literally everyone else posting in this thread can see.

What's embarrassing is the fact you're so desperate to cling to any form of comfort from such a pathetic season by your club that you're arguing that no Arsenal fan remembers the season where you reached your only Champions league final while also waving goodbye to Highbury because you're trying to score internet points without realising there's no such thing, and even if there was I won by a landslide with the same thirteen characters I use when debunking that same stupid argument from anyone else.

Are all Goons as small-minded as you that they cannot experience even the remotest sense of joy or accomplishment without having to talk about Spurs more than anything their club does?

7. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Can't be bothered to read past first paragraph. However, where have I said OUR season will be remembered? All I said is that our name would be written down on a trophy.

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Jesus, just read the rest.

You didn't debunk anything with your 13 characters. Indeed you've already been quoted on the arsenal board by a united fan making fun of you for your Holland comment with a link being posted for people to laugh at.

We got to a CL final. Great... Remember bits of the game. Can't remember the exact year. Which sort of backs up my point.

Last season at Highbury. Memories and emotions. Don't remember much of the season itself though. Which again backs up my point. Neutrals will remember that at some point in the 2010s spurs rebuilt their stadium. Will they remember that spurs played some good football in 2016/17? Maybe. We'll see.

And do please remember I'm the most anti-Arsene arsenal fan going. Your team is better than ours. Your manager is better than ours and your board is better than ours. Our season is poor beyond belief and Wenger needs to go. But 2016/17 will still have our club name written on a record somewhere which only United and Chelsea can also say.

gooner4ever likes this.
  9. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Not for the football we played. Which is what HBIC is taking about

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

It was a bad Season for Arsenal.

But the reality is that we were 1 point off the Champions League places and won the FA CUP.

For Spurs/Liverpool this would have been a good Season. So it's all about perspective really. We've been bombarded with crap from Spurs and Chelsea fans for the last few weeks/months so its only natural Arsenal fans hit back after yesterdays trophy win.

Still wasn't a great Season but at least we won something.

gooner4ever likes this.

11. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

The "perspective" being that :

1. you collectively have been giving it out a more to Spurs in recent times

2. the first time you have had to take it bad, you collectively cannot handle it.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  12. humanbeingincroydon

What's embarrassing is that you admitted that you didn't read what I said, even though that made more valid points than your entire board has managed between them lately, but still felt the mouth off regardless.

What's embarrassing is that your best defence for continuing to stick to your idiotic argument is to hold up Diego, ****ing Diego, blatantly misquoting me on your board as proof of...what, exactly? That there's some thick people on this forum? Do you think that a thick poster posting a thick comment on your board excuses you from making a thick comment on our board - and when called out on making a thick argument, you follow that with more thick arguments? You can see the key word in this paragraph, right? THICK, in reference to YOU and YOUR argument.

What's embarrassing is that, based on your constant defence of your THICK ARGUMENT, by that logic here are some other things you must clearly believe...
    * Nobody remembers Alfred Hitchcock because he never won Best Picture or Best Director at the Oscars
    * Nobody remembers Jimi Hendrix because he never won a Grammy
    * Nobody remembers Twin Peaks because the show never won any Emmys or Golden Globes
    * Nobody remembers Neil Kinnock because he never won a General Election
    * Nobody remembers Nigel Mansell because he never won the F1 Championship

If you cannot see how THICK that argument which YOU are using is, or how THICK it is that YOU are hiding behind some dickhead posting some THICK comment completely out of context on your board, then you are genuinely beyodn reasoning with.

So I guess you answered my question for me: yes, all Goons are so small-minded as you that they cannot experience even the remotest sense of joy or accomplishment without having to talk about Spurs more than anything their club does.

13. The RDBD

Told them last season that celebrating St Totts day had become an
    increasingly self-fulfilling prophecy. The triple blow of :

- no CL next season
    - St Mohs day coming first for them for the second season running
    - no St Totts day

has led to large-scale Goon wibble, and some believing that waving
    the FA Cup win has somehow nullified the WUM whirlwind since FT
    in the last game of the 2016-17 PL season.

humanbeingincroydon likes this.
  14. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Jesus <laugh>

Are you Wenger in disguise?

15. humanbeingincroydon

Says the person who not only posts stupid comments, but defends trolls misquoting people knowing full well what the original comment was.

16. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

But he didn't quote you though I thought?

17. humanbeingincroydon

Look at the top part of your response again. You know, the part which is a direct quote from me - which happens to be the only valid part of your response. You see the word "misquote" in there? Look up what that word means.

...which shouldn't take long considering I posted the dictionary definition on your board, since you're determined to have two boards witness me point out what a clueless idiot you are at the same time.

18. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

You should calm down.

Whether or not others remember the season your team has just had..... really shouldn't matter so much to you.

19. humanbeingincroydon

Cut the crap.

YOU should not be so small-minded that within thirty seconds of the final whistle yesterday you visit our board
    YOU should not use stupid arguments that are easily debunked
    YOU should not try to defend those debunked arguments by blatantly misquoting people
    YOU should not be throwing around how a well-known WUM is misquoting me on your board as if it supports you
    YOU should not try to defend your use of stupid arguments by adding more stupid arguments on top
    YOU should not defend well-known WUMs when I call them out on their bullshit
    YOU should have admitted you were wrong eighteen bloody hours ago
    YOU have had plenty more chances to admit you were wrong in the past few hours
    YOU could've walked away at any point, given this isn't your team's board

Are you seeing a pattern emerge here? It's you who needs to calm down, because you're the one who not only started this, you're also the one who escalated it to the point you're kicking off on two boards simultaneously, even when the Argument on the Arsenal board doesn't involve you.

20. The RDBD

Pride goes before destruction.
    Small club mentality after Europa League qualification ...