1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Riots

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by robcafc, Aug 8, 2011.

1. the red flag

the red flag Member

There are lots of things the government and other agencies can now do:
    Bring back the death penalty, most people want it and it should be used for murder.

Curfews on young people in areas worst affected, suggested by Diane Abbott.

Disconnecting social networking sites or communications where rioters arrange their 'activities' and ensuring incitement to riot is removed as are homophobic and racist comments on these sites.

Banning wearing face masks and head gear as already suggested.

Finally I've contacted Greenwich Council to ask them to follow Westminter's lead in evicting council tenants involved in the rioting and disturbances. They do not deserve social housing, give it to people who do.

I haven't read all this thread but what other things would you want to see in dealing with the aftermath and preventing similar occurences?

I'd also help others protect our communities from wanton destruction from louts, hooligans and vandals.

2. Captain Blackaddick

Captain Blackaddick Well-Known Member

How can you possibly say that 'most people want the death penalty back'?

The death penalty has no place in a civilised society.

3. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

I think you will find that, given the vote, the higher percentage would want the death sentence returned in this country.

Murderers, rapists, child-molesters and others such fiends have no place in a civilised society.

4. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Blimey, what a horrible thread. There was a point a page or two back where the majority seemed to think the riots would not have happened if it was'nt thanks to excess immigration and the labour party. I've followed this a bit on the news and the thugs involved are by no means all afro-carribean (or was the Grammar schol girl a mistake?) Then there were the three asians mown down while defending their business, so maybe asians are okay and afro-carribeans no. These sweeping statements reflect more on society than they do on the rioters, who were'nt whites or blacks, just neanderthals.
    The population want the death penalty back? they've got it in the USA in various states and neither does it reduce crime or bring the dead back, so I think we can stick it up there with the looters. Finally, while I loath the looters, we've spent the last ten or twenty years watching bankers and politicians do exactly the same thing, but semi legally, and I don't see people complaining about immigration about that. Are white collar thieves okay then ?

5. the red flag

the red flag Member

Yes I would agree, isn't the murder rate lower in countries like the UAE.

6. the red flag

the red flag Member

I don't remember them physically attacking people or setting buildings on fire. It's a totally different scenario and not the same analogy. Economic vandalism cannot be equated to physical muggings. Let's stick up for the victims of crime for a change.

7. Ponders Revisited

Ken Shabby. Sorry, but where do you get this nonsense from? The initial unrest was caused by the militant black community in Tottenham after the death of one of their 'martyrs'. There is a mentality amongt some blacks that they should not be stopped and searched, arrested or even pursued for their wrong-doings. The decent majority of blacks are fleeing, or trying to flee the inner cities because their children are in danger of being dragged under by the gangsta influence.
    If the stats come out, you will see that for every 1 white looter, there will 20 black looters and very few Asians. This is a black problem and others have now clung onto the coat-tails of it. To deny this is just ethnic belly-tickling.

8. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

totally agree Ponders.

yes there are whites involved in the rioting/looting but they are meerly the sheep following the ringleaders whom the overwhelming majority are black

9. Ponders Revisited

Common sense shall prevail, Martinho. It must.

10. brb

brb Guest

Totally disagree, have you even thought that statement through?
    Have you got the stats to back up that statement?
    Have you ever sat on a jury?
    Have you ever sat on a murder trial?
    Do you rely 100% on DNA evidence?
    If you sentence the wrong person to death, is that ok for all the correct judgements that were made?

11. Addick_Stu

Addick_Stu Active Member

Must agree with Martinho and PEA, when you look at the faces on the front pages of the papers - the vast majority are black. I am not a racist, and think that the Asian community are typically hard-working and add a lot of value to the country - however, i do not think the same of Afro-Caribbean - and regardless of how PC some people on here want to be , that is the over whelming view of most of the 'indigenous' population- and Asians too.
    Sad as it may sound, i 'escaped' from this country some years ago, because i didnt want my children brought up with what the AC's were bringing to this country- but if you speak to most ordinary working class people in this country then you likely find that have huge reservations about them. I had to return for work reasons, but my intention is still not to let my children be influenced by what i believe to be wrong.
    I will no doubt get shot down by the PCers on here - but for too long these opinions have been suppressed.
    Sadly, its too late.

12. the red flag

the red flag Member

Yes I have, the technology and science has advanced now with DNA profiling and for murder the death sentence is appropriate where there is irrefutable evidence and we have cctv as well today. You don't have to sit on a jury or murder trial etc to form an opinion in the same way you don't have to be a school governer to form a view on the education system.

13. the red flag

the red flag Member

I think there's good and bad in every race/community, many of the ACs came to this country and kept the NHS going. You have to weed out the bad eggs, the gangsterism seems to have spread from the USA and Jamaica particularly certain types of aggressive rap music. Back in the 70s it was barely an issue.

14. Addick_Stu

Addick_Stu Active Member

To be a certain extent, in the 70's it was less of an issue, therefore they (government) have not exactly made the problem better by now have they?
    I dont get back to London that often now, but when i do, i wonder where all the Londoners are.Its become such a melange of races/colours. However, when you talk to people, its obvious that a lot of people have got out of London because of how its become. thats not something to sweep under the carpet. You only have to listen to the ordinary populace to understand how they feel, but, as usual theyve been ignored for decades.
    Anyone remember Enoch Powell? Wiki him if you dont.

15. the red flag

the red flag Member

Well I can't agree with tarring all black people with the same brush. There are older generation blacks who have morals and values, family break-ups lack of male role models etc seems more of an issue with the younger generation both black and white. You only have to see the behaviour of people in general these days to see there's a lack of respect and consideration for others. It starts off with feet on seats, graffiti on buildings etc ok many of the perpertrators with tags seem to be black. But who are the football hooligans causing violent disturbances at some matches - they are overwhelmingly white.

16. brb

brb Guest

What is irrefutable evidence (and I don't need to know the meaning!)?

17. Scratchingvalleycat

Scratchingvalleycat Active Member

Well said BRB, Most murder trials do not have "irrefutable evidence" as we have seen with the nmumber of trials over the last few yerars that have gone to appeal and been overturned (Yes Fred Lag - even those with "DNA evidence"). I have sat on a jury and been the foreman of a jury in a paedophilia case. The evidence isn't always clear cut and although we convicted it was not an easy decision. I, for one would not like to see the death penalty returned. This is particularly true in the current legal system where previous convictions can be disclosed to the jury- this used not to be the case - and the prosecution can have a "leg up" without the case being tried solely on its merits. Whilst I abhor the violence of recent days and the murder of the three asian lads in Birmingam as well as other attacks that took place, in my mind civilisation has to have moved beyond an eye for an eye

18. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I do not agree with the death penalty BUT 'life' should mean 'life' in certain cases, NOT 15 to 20 years!

19. brb

brb Guest

One of the issues that red flag might not realise with DNA evidence, because it is not widely known (not everything is as in the movies) - DNA evidence cannot be time stamped.

Now put that into a case of murder, now I don't know the precise stats but it is my belief, that most murders are carried out by someone you know, hence this is a real problem with forensic science not being able to time stamp that actual piece of DNA evidence.

20. Ponders Revisited

There are cases where there simply cannot be any doubt as to who the culprits are/were. For instance, no one could doubt that the Soham Murderer is guilty and needs to be put down. The same for Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Brady and countless others. Why does society need these animals languishing at the taxpayers' expense when they should be rotting in hell.
    Those that say they don't want the death penalty seem to be the same who defend the ethnic groups to the hilt and condemn those who question the morality of the gangsta black community.
    Society is like a pyramid. The peak of left wing media outlets cascade down to the masses at the bottom and spread this wishy washy mindset. The frightening thing is that so many become afraid of thinking with their own brains.