1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Riches to Rags

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Well not quite. However, not so long ago Lee Clark was hobnobbing it at Fulham with the rich and famous. In a recent interview he reminisces ..

"When Michael Jackson popped his head around the door at Craven Cottage that day, Lee Clark knew he had entered some kind of parallel universe. It was impressive enough being introduced to Sophia Loren at Harrods on the day he joined Fulham as a player in 1999, not to mention the time his new chairman, Mohamed Al-Fayad, told him to come and say hello to Tony Curtis and listen to his stories about starring alongside Marilyn Monroe.

Jackson was trippier still. "Aye, I met Michael," he said. "Or, at least, I saw him. We were sitting in the changing room and the door opens and this head comes through the gap. Michael Jackson.
    "

Nowadays though up at Kilmarnock ...

"The only head that has come through the door at Rugby Park this afternoon belongs not to a global superstar but a representative from a local venetian blinds company wanting to measure some windows."

please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

He's certainly going to have his work cut out managing struggling Killie, currently lying 9th in the Scottish Premiersihp and only 1 point away from the drop zone. Early days though at a club full of tradition, and much like our own in many ways. He only took over last February when they really were in trouble - fireside fans listening to the Saturday evening results believed the their real name was Kilmarnock Nil (to parphrase Billy Connolly) - and staved off relegation. Lee Clark, as we know, always was full of grit though so best wishes to him.

A link to the full interview: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37216984

Captain Morgan likes this.
  2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I hope he manages (no pun intended) to get his career going again. He looked very promising at Huddersfield, but hasn't really shone anywhere since then. I remember when we were talking about him as a future Fulham manager; it would be nice if he can get himself back to a position where he becomes a good option for us at some point in the future.

Cottager58 likes this.
  3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Happy bithday to Lee Clark - 43 years old today

upload_2016-10-27_15-13-8.jpeg

And he'll be able to celebrate as Killie had a rare win, 2-0 over Hearts, last night. Here's a link to the highlights of that game:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/37783164